SAU Community

Boost Spike

Eav00l

Hi all,

R33 GTST

almost finished my car but i am told i am getting a boost spike.

mods

TD06 20G

Trust External 45mm Gate

550cc Pump

550cc Injectors

FMIC

q45 AFM

K&N Air Filter

3.5" Exhaust

Apexi PFC

ect

The wastegate is set to 10psi, the car hits 200rwkw on 10 psi then the boost shoots up to 25psi.

Im goignt to take the gate of it and check to make sure its fine, im actually posting to see what other ptoblems it may be.

I donnot have a boost controller...

Please post up if you have had issues like this and the soultions

thanks....

How do you knwo the wastegate is set to 10psi?

Wind the screw all the way out and check the pressure/vacuum lines to the wastegate are correct. Then go for a drive and see what boost level it holds. My Trust wastegate is only an 8psi one, but there are other spring rates used.

Give that a try, if that doesnt do the trick then post up a bit more detail of how the boost is spiking and perhaps someone can offer firther assistance?!?!?!?!

I took the spring out and took it to advan, they said it was a 10 psi spring,

ok, now my turbo hits full boostat around 2500rpm.

Now it stays on 10 psi till around 3500rpm, then slowly increases till 4500rpmn with then it starts hitting around the 30psi mark.

I took the gate apart and the spring and the diaphram are in top cond, all the lines are hooked up propery, (im 99% sure)

I need this fixed asap, any help at all would be great even if you have a wastegate i can test it with for a few hours, ill throw in a case of beer to any1 that can solve the problem 100% by the end of the weekend...