SAU Community

My Cars health

joh21m

How can i tell if my car is running healthy, i've got a feeling its not putting out as much power as it should be....how did i come to that feeling, I had a little run with a s15 (think it was JDM) and he absolutely left me for dead, i had no chance what so ever. Had a talk with the guy and all hes running is fuel pump and 15psi! Me, i got rb20det, turbo back zorst, fmic, fuel pump, pod and 12psi in an s13...

does this sound weird to anyone? anyone else think i shoulda at least kept up!!!!

Joh

How can i tell if my car is running healthy, i've got a feeling its not putting out as much power as it should be....how did i come to that feeling, I had a little run with a s15 (think it was JDM) and he absolutely left me for dead, i had no chance what so ever.  Had a talk with the guy and all hes running is fuel pump and 15psi!  Me, i got rb20det, turbo back zorst, fmic, fuel pump, pod and 12psi in an s13...

does this sound weird to anyone? anyone else think i shoulda at least kept up!!!!

Joh

Maybe he was a better driver? Ie faster gearchanges etc..

Dont underestimate the blacktop Sr20det :)

When was the last time you had your car tuned?

I'd say just get the car dynoed, and if anything looks wrong with the graph, then you should look into it. If you wanted to, you could get the A/F ratios checked while the car is on the dyno. Might be pinging, but if this is the case, your engine is probably already dead. Have you heard any pinging? Have you checked all of your hoses for leaks (all of the air intake, intercooler turbo piping etc.)? Is your clutch slipping, any smell? Just a couple of ideas off the top of my head.