SAU Community

Top RB20 Club... do you have over 260rwkw?

Congratulations. I was hoping you would come back with a 12 second pass.

Can I ask what time it ran using the 7,000rpm limit?

Both our cars make maximum power at 6,000rpm but I think mine must fall away a lot more sharply than yours as I would have zero benefit revving that hard to 7,800rpm.

You know you want throw in a set of cams before you sell it.

Im trying to wheel and deal for some better brakes tomorrow...so cams wont be happening. I can always take the brakes off and keep them for my next car, whatever / whenever that will be.

The time with a 7,000rpm limit was a 13.7 at 111mph with a 2.5 60ft. :)

More then the time difference, i seemed to pick up more mph by upping the rev limit, and i seemed to get better traction in 2nd by reving 1st gear so it just tipped the limiter for a fraction of a second. Would you believe i ran a 14.2 @ 111mph with a 2.7 60ft!!!!

I cant really use any numbers from the night to back up how i feel the extra revs helped...it was more of a seat of the pants thing...im new to this drag queen thing so not very consistant, but by nights end i was more consistant for the last 3 runs so im slowly getting better:)

15psi so approx 215rwkw and your running 111mph... making the 250rwkw you should have an 11sec capable terminal speed, impressive stuff.

Keep the commentary coming, without it I might have given up on mine... I have the hardware just not the numbers:(

Dont worry about the 60ft's, with all the power up top and a decent clutch to handle it the only way your getting if of the line in under 2.0 is sticky tyres..

LOL...i think the problem is the tool behind the wheel..im running 235/40/17 D01J Semi slicks, not ideal for drags, but WAY better then any road tyre i have drive on.

I doubt ill ever get near an 11 though, unless i get my AVCR working again and leave the line is 1st gear with 10 psi then hit 2nd, 3rd and 4th give it 20psi, then im a chance of maybe a mid to low 12, but i even doubt that...i just cant get the car off the line. Im new to drag, and funny enough i dont have a clue how to launch my car, never really practiced or tried it regularily enough on the street to be good at it:(

From what i understand 2.2 60ft with semi slicks is disgraceful:)

Was it wheel spinning off the line? And was it actually making boost in 1st? If not you might need to build some boost up before leaving the line. I found even with my stocko turbo it helped a little bit.

Other than that, more revs, and more clutch slip, works for me anyway.

But as much as I shouldnt say it, your car would be an awesome highway racer :)

Wasnt playing with handbrake or anything, just 4,500 off the linee with various amounts of slip. Wasnt wheel spinning...well it did on the 14.2 at 111mph, other then that i baby'd 1st-2nd shifts (made up for that doing the occasional flat shifts 3rd-4th when trying to catch cars mid track:)) and just about everytime the car would bog down a tad.

Dont want to ride it too hard off the line, as last time i did that it put too much heat into it and began sliipping under load:( Last nigt, 7 passes and clutch was fine:thumbsup: Now if only i can get 115mph ill be stoked...back in 2 weeks with some more boost...i fear i have turned into a drag queen:)

As long as you never turn in to a dyno queen Roy :)

But last time I was out, I was going off the line at no joke about 5500-6000rpm with a fair bit of slip.

From memory you also just have a new clutch in there, Id give it at least one or two goes, just to see if it does work. Also just try rev rev rev on the line to get some boost up. If its not spining your either already on the limit, or there is more left in it.

I've also found flat shifting it bogs down a bit, so I stopped doing it, just change faster with the clutch :)

I was still using the clutch...just kept the right foot flat to the floor for 3rd-4th:) Once against an S14 i wanted to try and suck his doors off as i went by as i gave him a 1 second head start, that was my 12.9 run, and then my last run when up agaisnt an RX7.:rofl:

Its so much fun hunting cars down at mid / top track. Problem is when your up against an 11sec Commodore that only does 110mph, they just smash me the whole length of the track:(

Problem is when your up against an 11sec Commodore that only does 110mph, they just smash me the whole length of the track:(

Almost feels as if they cheating. lol :rofl:

Davo.. I must remember the waxing arse comment.. lol

Re-match, if my brake prob is easy to solve ill have some R32 GTR rims with 255 BF Goodrich drag tyres:whackit:

How strong are these 5 spd boxes again...the bug has bitten and bitten hard, im thinking about missing the sprints next weekend and doing Calder instead, dont have to fix the brakes that way:)

I would expect the rb20 5spd to last one sub 2sec launch on sticky tyres. Go the 25 box!

That was the problem I had when I ran mine first time, 3puck button clutch means no slipping and needing to be above 5k to go anywhere means shit 60ft's. You really need the drag slicks so you can launch hard at high rpm..

Hey roy just had a quick question.... are you running the stock LSD? if so have you had any problems with it ... just asking cos at the moment i have a fairly similar set up but ats lsd and 2 different driveshafts so i want to change the rear end n its pretty cheap to go to stock just wanted to kno if there is anything i should look out for...

thanks

also are you still running the standard afm?

Yeh im running cam gears, i can tell you the inlet is retarded 2 degree, but i cant see the exhaust cam to tell you:(

... are you running the stock LSD? if so have you had any problems with it ...  

...also are you still running the standard afm?

Yeh im still running std diff:) it has now done 178,000kms, between 3,500-4,000kms on the circuit and still does stong burnouts...so isnt open wheeling:thumbsup:

My driveline does have a little slop in it, but its all dolding together...same goes for my std RB20 g'box...and running a Z32 AFM

462Drags_Side_burnout.jpg

Yeh thats me from Friday night:( It was from early in the night as i was in the right lane, probably was about a 13.5 or something. Later in the night i jumped in the left lane as that was the lane all the real quick cars were using...so i figured they knew something i didnt, and thought id follow suit.

Its not a very good pic. About the only thing i like is the fact that you can see my seat. Last time they got a few good pics of me (i like the one above:)

Now that my rear DO1Js are pretty worn i was doing bigger burnouts hoping to get a good pic, but oh well next time.:P

01-Apr-05_Calder_Drags.jpg

Finally got a chance to post up new dyno chart with the smaller exhaust hsouing.

So with new tune, no cat and 8cm housing...

Dyno_RacePace.jpeg

With old tune, cat and 10cm housing...

462Dyno5.jpg

The car is so much punchier to drive, for a completely std RB20 for the street and a bit of fun at the track...right now the TD06-20G is impressing the pants off me:)

Will someone hurry up and throw a HKS 2835, manifold and wastegate on their std RB20 so i can see how the results compare:)

And the time slip form Calder.

Calder_12_9.jpeg

Finally got a chance to post up new dyno chart with the smaller exhaust hsouing.

So with new tune, no cat and 8cm housing...

fark yeah. there appears to be a much greater "area under the curve" with the new housing/tune. should be a lot quicker on the street. mate, when you get to sydney we've got to swap keys :D