SAU Community

Top RB20 Club... do you have over 260rwkw?

Troy, Sky30 is using rb20det tomei cams i believe in his rb25de head, so id say they are interchangeable. (10.25 cams require slight mods for clearance)

From what i understand as well (it aint much..lol) increasig the lift extends the power band as well.....so wouldnt this shift the redline on the rb20 up as well? You may make more power, but it may require revving it more to get more?......am i far off?..LOL

greater duration increases torque, lift shifts the redline up.....or am i wrong again ;) (all in the process of learning i spose :))

My fiddlings with the Engine Dyno sim tell me the increased lift increases power over the current power curve, increased duration is what shifts the powerband higher in the rev range.

My fiddlings with the Engine Dyno sim tell me the increased lift increases power over the current power curve, increased duration is what shifts the powerband  higher in the rev range.

Yeh, thats mt limited understanding...thats why i like the idea of only 260deg, but the much higher lift.

i just thought that i would post this up here as these parts are perfict for your RB20 power up, i have a HKS GT2535, GTR injectors and GTR fuel pump for sale. I want $1300 for the lot. All is in good working condition as i have just been making 240.6rwkw with these pieces (and a few other things)

I just thought i would let the other RB20 owners know this stuff is avaliable from me. This is a reasonable price.

As for my car just waiting on the fitment of the new injectors then its off to be tuned and i have my fingers crossed for some good numbers.

wish i had $1300 im in newy aswell so id pickup.

Alright, time for this weeks update:)

First track day with 18psi and about 235rwkws today:thumbsup: In the morning it was 36 according to the climate control, water temps saw a max of 102deg C adn the car still didnt miss a beat, shame the same cant be said about the driver. Credit to the tune in this thing, 36 degree ambient temps, high water temps and the car didnt ping, didnt miss a beat, it didnt even feel noticeably down on power , it pulled / drove really well.

Did 1 x 20min practice session where i took it pretty easy as i had never been to Sandown before. Then did 5 sessions of warm up, 4 sprint laps and a cool down lap. Car didnt miss a beat, and in the wet session proved to be a barrel of laughs, i was driving around the track giggling, it was so much fun trying to get out of the corners...i must have looked like the village idiot as i was walking around the pits with the cheasiest grin ever.

I dont think i will be able to sell this car, perhaps ill borrow some coin to top of the coffers for my holiday:)

Engine Oil: Castrol Formula R10W60

Engine Coolant: Tectaloy 100 Plus

Diff: Castrol SAF-XA, 80w-140

Gearbox: Castrol Syntrax 75W/90

And im running a 19 row Serck oil cooler in driver side gueard, ducting / airflow could be improved as the cooler piping sit about 6 inches in front of it

...and im in Adelaide Wed/Thu/Fri. I have to show you the vid from today, its only a cheap camera so the brightness thru the screen caused a few focus problems, but you still get an idea of the grunt its now got and how well it hooks up:)

Alright, time for this weeks update:)

First track day with 18psi and about 235rwkws today:thumbsup: In the morning it was 36 according to the climate control, water temps saw a max of 102deg C adn the car still didnt miss a beat, shame the same cant be said about the driver. Credit to the tune in this thing, 36 degree ambient temps, high water temps and the car didnt ping, didnt miss a beat, it didnt even feel noticeably  down on power , it  pulled / drove really well.

Did 1 x 20min practice session where i took it pretty easy as i had never been to Sandown before. Then did 5 sessions of warm up, 4 sprint laps and a cool down lap. Car didnt miss a beat, and in the wet session proved to be a barrel of laughs, i was driving around the track giggling, it was so much fun trying to get out of the corners...i must have looked like the village idiot as i was walking around the pits with the cheasiest grin ever.

I dont think i will be able to sell this car, perhaps ill borrow some coin to top of the coffers for my holiday:)

thats great news that i all held together on a hot day like today with 102deg water temps and no pinging :P

I know where i'm going for my next tune :P

were you not worried about the coolant boiling over? i would be considering a upgrade radiator at these temps...pwr make a good ones.

Yeh, i could do two laps and the water temps would creep into the low 90s, at which point i normally back off for a slow lap, but in one instance i kept into it for 3 laps and the temps just kept rising, all the way to 103de C:(

... if on a cooler day i had similar temp probs then yeh, but i put it down to the fact that today was as stinker, followed by torrential showers...ah Melbourne weather:) Plus i dont want to go to the expense of a radiator, if i keep the car ill get one for sure:)

i was running 1bar, the engine can handle alot more but i just like to play it safe. As for the running the strokeretc hense "(and a few other things)" lol. But as an upgrade these three things should be able to get any standard RB20 producing reasonable numbers.

Hey i was just wondering if you could possible give out some info on wat you used for your stroker.. and wat it got taken out to and so so.. also wat it performs like (obviously pritty bloody good cause its a rb20) but yer i'd like to do this to my rb20

roy is my hero!

congrats on your succssess with the good old rb20, if done right they will hang with the big guys.

i cant wait to get my rb finished and swapped into my s14, should be a treat!

just have to pick up cams on monday and fit them and it goes into the car.

Ill fix that up for ya...

roy is a Tool!

There ya go:)

Have to rest the car for a few weeks as im out of brake rotors/pads, and i put a small flat spot ont he front left semi slick:(... I have to have a long hard think about what im going to do with the car. :P

Ill fix that up for ya...

There ya go:)

Have to rest the car for a few weeks as im out of brake rotors/pads, and i put a small flat spot ont he front left semi slick:(... I have to have a long hard think about what im going to do with the car.  :P

I can see whats going to happen. Your going to keep the car, and cut the holiday short as your going to start missing the car too much and hooning around at the track in it, and come home :P

Hey, if it works like that, you wont even need to borrow money to go on the holiday! :(:D

Otherwise, feel free to bring it to Brisbane for me, and I shall lease/hire it off you for $1 a day until your return ;) How does THAT sound for a deal! I'll even throw in a roll of carpet or a half pallet of tiles for ya on your return! :D

???

Plus i dont want to go to the expense of a radiator, if i keep the car ill get one for sure:)

it may not be my place to say so, but i think you know what has to be done....

KEEP THE CAR! ;)

plus i'm going to miss these regular updates ;)

:rofl:

WAZZ, the kit comprises of a Tomi poston and ring set and GTR crank and rods. at least this is what i have been told, it was like that when it came from japan but so far everything i have pulled off the car is what is said to be on it.