SAU Community

Top RB20 Club... do you have over 260rwkw?

The temps definitely sound reasonable then.

Its probably a good thing to tune with the bonnet down. At least you get a semi-real world environment with real under bonnet temps and then you know it won't ping once you get it on the road.

makes a lot of sense :uh-huh:

Just out of curiosity what would an R33 turbo's boost pressure be running at on an RB20? With a pod and catback exhaust?

With an R33GTST wastegate actuator 7 psi, with an R32GTST wastegate actuator 10 psi.;)

PS; I don't know about you but I don't drive around with my bonnet open. So I like my cars to be tuned as I would drive them.

...PS; I don't know about you but I don't drive around with my bonnet open.  So I like my cars to be tuned as I would drive them.

But its too hard to tune a car when its sideways hitting walls or on fire:(

But its too hard to tune a car when its sideways hitting walls or on fire:(

"Sideways", yep I have certainly done that.

"Hitting walls"., yep I have done that.

"On fire", I think you are much better at that than me

But I have done "roll over" only once but it was a good one, 7 times, 4 side to side and 3 end for end. Great ride, but don't want to do it again, I can still close my eyes and see sky, track, sky, track, sky, track, when will it stop.

:)

Ok...because I am indulgent, and finally have some footage fo the old girl enjoying what she does best...:)

Right Click Here_Save As

Right Click Here_Save As

Will need to save as instead of playing if from the host site:)

This was running 18psi and 8,400rpm:) You can hear when it falls off boost and for these sorts of events you have to make sure you keep it above 4,000rpm

Good stuff mate! Sounds nice, looks a bit under-steery through some bits, but it does look pretty tight!

I can see the battle damage as well! :)

Understeer...lol. Combination of being hopeless at these sorts of events, hand brake that has never been tightened so didnt really lock the rear tyres...though i probably would have kept losing it if it did work:(

Then the hammered 17" semis on the rear with the 18" Falken 326s on the front meant the car felt pretty horrible but realise i still have plenty to learn:)

That vid looks like how my car handles now Roy with it all tuned up....difference is mine runs 1 bar, and only revs to 6000rpm  

Nice footage though  

And to wheel spin off the mark you only need a few hundred rpm over idle. :)

Pipe down 3L boys, this is a RB20 thread lol!! ;) j/k!! :rant:

Good work Roy, you did a good job mate, nice way to advertise the ol' girl, download a video of it being driven hard! You still selling it?

Yeh, it ran out of rego yesterday...so the next few days its getting new headlights, guards and windscreen and re-spray, 12 months rego then im going to advertise it everywhere...

To be perfect it needs the diff shimmed up as it has finally started open wheeling and it needs new tie rod ends...other then that it is pretty right....next year i will get a GTST as a strictly registred track car...my EVO II R32 GTST:) and it will be a marked improvement over my current car:)

Good stuff mate, are you going to keep your turbo setup?

Will be a shame to sell it after its all pretty again! A decent diff makes a world of differance, get a 1.5 or 2way in your EVOII :)

Pipe down 3L boys, this is a RB20 thread lol!! :) j/k!! ;)

Well....i started with an rb20 :rant:

next year i will get a GTST as a strictly registred track car...my EVO II R32 GTST:) and it will be a marked improvement over my current car:)

Why not use the car u have now? ;)

Why not use the car u have now? :)

Because too many parts on it are too much a street compromise, adjustable bushes instead of adjustable arms, streetable springs/shocks instead of track orientated gear, nice stereo etc..to replace them or sell them 2nd hand would mean losing too much money on gear that is in perfect working order and ideal for street and occassional track work.

2nd time round its going to be the schnitz, and still of course use an RB20, just a different hair dryer and some cams:)

best to start again.. When you know where you are aiming, you should have no problems.

GTS4 ? too heavy.. too much other crap to go wrong/blow up... stick with the RWD! I thought about it.. could of got a GTS4 for same price, in the end, still glad I got the "t" ..