SAU Community

Top RB20 Club... do you have over 260rwkw?

Wastegate size :confused:

LOL...i dunno. Whatever comes with the kit when you buy it. I think is a Trust Type R wastegate, and i think its 45mm...but im a long way from being sure:(

Dont get a TD06-20G, someone needs to do a HKS 2835 56T or a well sorted Garret equiv:)

You will be doing a phenomenal job to get that sort of power out of a 20G:thumbsup:

I thought about a T67 for a while, but looking at the exhaust wheel on them they obviously flow a lot more then the TD06 wheel and i dont think would be near as responsive on a std RB20:(

got my stock rb 20 with garret gt30r going today. getting it tuned in two weeks, going for 300rwkw but after reading some of these posts that could be a bit optomistic. will put up dyno chart soon

the huffer will flow the HP no problems there, but u do need a fair bit of work to make a RB20 crack 300rwkw looks like ive got some compitition in here, i like that.

WHO WILL BE THE RB20 DYNO KING.

If my rb20det hadnt bit the dust, its nice to see what was capable of the old motor. I remember the time the most anyone seemed to say was capable of the little 2.0Lt was about 200rwkw...then times go by....220 then 240...now it seems you guys are tipping the scales getting close to the 300rwkw.

Keep it up i say, but i just cant stand the lag. When i want it the power down, i want it now..:P

A side not though, ive still got the rb20det turbo on my current setup. The turbo was highflowed and it recently made ~218rwkw @ 16psi for those out there wondering what the std turbo is capable of :P

The richness problem is due to the injectors im running they've told me hopefully another set of injectors will help that time will tell was gonna go the gtr injectors but they seem to think they will be a bit on the small side .Hopefully it 3will be back at the tuners in a week hopeing to get that extra 20kw im looking for :-)

Cheers Peter

PS yes am running 17" (255=40=17 ) dont know how you worked that out but im impressed

Approximate circumeference of tyre, rear diff ratio and 4th gear ratio means you can work out what revs equal what road speed:)

Aint perfect as tyres circumferences are all the sameeven though manufactureres claim 255/40/17...though i looked up the Dunlop site and they list all the specs for their D01J tyres:)

..also legend, did i read in another thread that you are running aftermarket cams....can you offer any comments on them?

Roy

Yes I am running cams Hks 264 9mm lift inlet and exhaust hks adjustable cam gears hks lowmount manifold hks to4 as well though its been high flowed now with a .63 exhaust housing and hks 35mm external waste gate custom 3" front pipe external waste gate plumbed back into exhaust just be 4 the catco cat .Cant offer any real comment as to the cams as yet but i know at the 232 kw his only played with the inlet so far he said that brought the power band down lower in the rev range but untill tuning is completedim not sure will post a dyno graph with a tune with cams at 0 you can see the differance though it could be more than just the cams as for comment it think id be jumping the gun just yet but it seemed to improve a bit of boost though unsure not enough driving it yet

Peter

Sorry for the bodgy overlay.

I thought it would be interestering to overlay Bl4ck32's RB30DET running a Rb20DET highflow and my Rb30DET running the stock rb20det turbo on stock boost.

Bl4ck32 ran out of load points on the pfc for that run, I believe it was actually 15psi he was running. Since fixing that issue up he is now running 218rwkw on 16psi I believe.

Its interestering to note how the bush t3/4 spools basically identical to the stock rb20det turbo once its on the larger 3ltr. :D

Sorry for the bodgy overlay.

I thought it would be interestering to overlay Bl4ck32's RB30DET running a Rb20DET highflow and my Rb30DET running the stock rb20det turbo on stock boost.

Bl4ck32 ran out of load points on the pfc for that run, I believe it was actually 15psi he was running. Since fixing that issue up he is now running 218rwkw on 16psi I believe.

LoL, that is crazy hey. Whats going to happen when you guys put turbos more suited to the engine :D

Out of interest can anyone punch some figures on what a flowed rb20 turbo on an rb20 actually makes?

...hmmmm. Thats depressing. :D

Cubes if you cant sleep and feeling bored to no end then overlay those plots on mine:)

Has Darren got all his susp sorted yet? Get in his ear and get him down to AIR, he has about the same power as i had when i ran my 12.9. I would love to know how much quicker he will be with a car thats easier to get off the line and with a whole lot more mid range

Makes me think what a complete stock, not even rebuilt RB300E bottom end with RB25DE head could do with a 6,000rpm limit with my turbo setup...would set me back about $1200 and could always put the Rb20 back in if it dies, then start the RB30 build:)

LOL..i have to keep telling myself that im sellign the car:)

Here it is.. :D

Does 125km/h sound about right for 5000rpm on your dyno sheet Roy?

Since the tune Darren is now able to take it to just before 7000rpm and it pulls all the way there. I'd like to see the new dyno sheet at 218rwkw and more top end, but there isn't one.

If you ever get a broken manifold stud Roy and need to pull the turbo off we should do a quick swap, get shaun to give it a quick 1hr tune and see what it pulls. ;) hahaha if only it was that easy. :D

I still think your setup is awesome, not to forget RacePaces tuning :)

Since the tune Darren is now able to take it to just before 7000rpm and it pulls all the way there. I'd like to see the new dyno sheet at 218rwkw and more top end, but there isn't one.

There is, ive just gotta call shaun and get a print off of it....

Has Darren got all his susp sorted yet? Get in his ear and get him down to AIR, he has about the same power as i had when i ran my 12.9. I would love to know how much quicker he will be with a car thats easier to get off the line and with a whole lot more mid range

Ive got bilsteins in atm, but need a wheel alignmet, bushes/pinapples for the rear then get some better rubber...(looking at Toyo Proxes R888:drooling: ) Im curious to know a time as well, but shes all wheelspin for 2 or 3 gears in the dry atm...:D

alright some bitch ran into the back of me other day and im not happy... gotta get damage fixed and probably going to get a full respray as well :D

on tuning side im going to go back some time this week and pump 20psi through the ****er and see if i can get over 340rwhp (250rwkw)... will see how much timing its got in it and see how safe ant thinks the tune will be but i doubt ill ever run it with that much boost. probably stick with around 320 @ 18psi and try and run approx 115mph at the drags when i next get down there

will keep u updated