SAU Community

Top RB20 Club... do you have over 260rwkw?

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...showtopic=81906

I can get 5+ AP engineering power fc to suit R32 GTST for only $1150 delivered each.

If you require the hand controller then the total price is $1470 delivered.

Pretty damn good price. You would also get the AP Engineering keyring with that. :)

too much $$$ for me

It does depend on who tunes the stock ecu, generally with the pfc you will pick up mid and possibly a little top end with say a pfc as the tuner is able to push it closer to the edge with the use of the pfc's knock feedback.

I.e Chris32.

Yeah, Cubes is right. I'd go a PFC, my experience with the chipped ECU I had was ok, but I picked up 45rwkw through the midrange. It went from feeling like a laggy dog with a GT30 sized turbo on it to a very responsive package. 8rwkw overall more right up top

More to do with the injectors I think, as they where at 100%

My GTR injectors are at 70% making 205rwkw now

Cool, heaps left in yours then Roy

When are you going to wind in 1.5bar?

Looking at doing a few things to mine again soon, starting to get the bug again and want to go a bit further

I reckon some Poncams + exhaust manifold for me next

I want to crack 220rwkw with the tiny turbo I have :D

How much difference is there between getting an S-AFC tune.. and getting the ECU remapped? Is the main difference that you get very "peaky" power, compared to a broader spread in an ECU remap? Does anybody have any dyno SAFC vs (standard) tuned ecu ? If its a big difference, I might be pursuaded to go the remap.. but for me there are many reasons to just use an SAFC for now.

It something like PFC > remap > SAFC I assume.

I'm unsure what a remap is worth up in your neck of the woods, down in SA I was quoted $600 for a remap.

I picked up my PFC for $1100 and tunes are costing me $100 (more boost bigger turbo etc) and $200 when injectors are swapped as it requires a complete light load afr change.

I asked what it would be worth to remap the std ecu again to accept the larger injectors. I was told, again another $600. Thats 2 remaps and it would have set me back $1200.

I figured within 2 tunes I would have basically broke even with the PFC.

The PFC $1100 + $100 + $200 = $1400.

To be honest I don't see why they would want to charge $600 to simply swap injectors and dial a little more boost in. The hard work has already been done with regards to the ecu mods.

When are you going to wind in 1.5bar?

We will see. :P

Waiting to get the body and rego sorted on my car, plus a general tidy up. Then its the diff then having another play with a few things engine/power wise.

Right now its got enough power that my chasis is starting to show signs that it isnt easily coping like it use to...so really should spend the money on the susp first but we will see. But the thing will be fine with another 20-30rwkws, though i think it will be quicker with better suspension rather then more power so thats where i will most liekly spend the dollars

At the moment i need to make sure the car gets me thru the next 3-4 must do track days then i might start leaning on it again

How much difference is there between getting an S-AFC tune.. and getting the ECU remapped? Is the main difference that you get very "peaky" power, compared to a broader spread in an ECU remap? Does anybody have any dyno SAFC vs (standard) tuned ecu ?  If its a big difference, I might be pursuaded to go the remap.. but for me there are many reasons to just use an SAFC for now.

It something like PFC > remap > SAFC I assume.

An SAFC is simply an AFM voltage bender, it changes the voltage that the ECU sees from the AFM. When you bend the AFM voltages a lot, the ignition timing is also affected. So you may end up with too far advanced ignition in order to get the A/F ratios right. As I have said many times before, piggy back (benders) are a compromise. You might have to run it a bit rich so the ignition timing is not too far advanced.

On some cars this compromise is huge in max power, average power and response, on others it's not so bad. Every engine is different, but one things is for sure, the further you upgrade from standard, the bigger the compromise.

:P cheers :P

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...showtopic=81906

I can get 5+ AP engineering power fc to suit R32 GTST for only $1150 delivered each.

If you require the hand controller then the total price is $1470 delivered.

Pretty damn good price. You would also get the AP Engineering keyring with that. :P

Now can be done a little cheaper as well :P

I looking for around 260rwk's with mine hopefully once i get the Power FC in and get it tuned.

Cheers B

Silver gts-t I chipped my stock ecu myself. Its quite easy to do if you know anything about electronics. I just socketed the ecu, then programmed a new eprom chip on my eprom programmer. Its not the best tune. I just changed the settings for injectors (550cc), the afm (z32). Im running only 10psi, so i haven't messed around with the fuel maps to much. I've added abit more ignition timing and it seems to go fine. When I eventually put the new turbo in I will have to redo the fuel map. Its quite expensive to get your ecu chipped by a dynotuner. So if you have access to an eprom burner i suggest you get your car dynoed, have the settings put on a disk and then burned onto a chip by yourself or someone else, you can save mega $$$ this way.

Silver gts-t I chipped my stock ecu myself. Its quite easy to do if you know anything about electronics. I just socketed the ecu, then programmed a new eprom chip on my eprom programmer. Its not the best tune. I just changed the settings for injectors (550cc), the afm (z32). Im running only 10psi, so i haven't messed around with the fuel maps to much. I've added abit more ignition timing and it seems to go fine. When I eventually put the new turbo in I will have to redo the fuel map. Its quite expensive to get your ecu chipped by a dynotuner. So if you have access to an eprom burner i suggest you get your car dynoed, have the settings put on a disk and then burned onto a chip by yourself or someone else, you can save mega $$$ this way.

toshi on the forums was only charging around $250 this removes speed limit and you can set your own rev limit also, which cant be done with safc.

you provide him with a list of mods, he sends you 2 ecu's u pop the car on the dyno, u c which ecu is best suited and send your ecu and the one that didnt suit ur car back to him.

seems good enough

just looking into how you do it at the moment..

just type in "rb20det roms" or "rb20det programming" into google and away you go .. changing the rev limit, removing the boost cut, and the speed limiter is simply a matter of typing in the boxes. As for the tuning, that is the part where you need the knowledge.

you are looking at about $60 for an EPROM programmer, and about $10 for the blank EPROMS..

Here are a few experiments by people.. http://www.tangentrix.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=2