SAU Community

Top RB20 Club... do you have over 260rwkw?

Cheers, will do.

Hyperdrive are looking after mine as well, lumpy is the guru

Hey congrats! I take it that was your car in HPI, isnt it already making something like 250rwkws?!?! I cant remember, TD06 with Garret compressor right?

Yes thats the car and turbo, not near those figures yet tho unfortunately...:rofl:

Go's ok running 1bar, is line ball with a mates 12.7sec ute so looking forward to what it can do with proper boost control and some tuning

stand back everyone, looking to crack 300RWKW, not sure how it will go but will soon see how we go. its been built to do it. no specs given out as still got more tweaking to do before engine goes back in.

Well not as impressive as mr boostn32's 300rwkw claim, but the red top rb20 made 301rwhp today at 19psi with a nice tune to look after an aging motor. Many thanks to Hyperdrive who have taken the car from being weak as piss (240rwhp at 20psi) to where its at now.

Do you know what Garret wheel is on the turbo, was it a TD05 or TD06. Love to see a dyno printout with the boost curve:)

Waiting to see the specs of this 300rwkw creation...hurry up ppl and get these setups tuned:)

hi, guys check out this gts4 rb20det in www.skylinesdownunder.com

I've been in the car, but not with power it has now, It has everthing done to it. Its been in one of those performance videos from nz pulling really good 1/4 time.

specs from site.

Make: NISSAN

Year/Model: 90 R32GTS-4 2.0ltr

Engine: PORT POLISED HEAD, CUSTOM EXHAUST MANIFOLD ,LAGE TURBO

Induction: CUSTOM INTAKE AND INTERCOOLER

Exhaust: 3 INCH MANDEL BENT STANLESS REAR MUFFER 5 INCH TIP

Drivetrain: 4WD , GTR BOX,4 PUK KEVLAR CERMIC CLUTCH

Body styling: FULL AFTER MARKET KIT VEILSIDE WING

Wheels & Rubber: 18 INCH CHROME ANTERAS WIT 265/35/18 DUNLOPS

R/W kW: 318kw@20psi

Quarter mile time: 11.703@116mph

im running 250lb in my rear with some reasonable bilistein shocks. Not too bad, but i would love to try the 500lb's i have sitting in my room  :D

Harder springs = less traction:cheers:

hi, guys check out this gts4 rb20det in www.skylinesdownunder.com

I've been in the car, but not with power it has now, It has everthing done to it. Its been in one of those performance videos from nz pulling really good 1/4 time.

specs from site.

Make: NISSAN  

Year/Model: 90 R32GTS-4 2.0ltr  

Engine: PORT POLISED HEAD, CUSTOM EXHAUST MANIFOLD ,LAGE TURBO  

Induction: CUSTOM INTAKE AND INTERCOOLER  

Exhaust: 3 INCH MANDEL BENT STANLESS REAR MUFFER 5 INCH TIP  

Drivetrain: 4WD , GTR BOX,4 PUK KEVLAR CERMIC CLUTCH  

Body styling: FULL AFTER MARKET KIT VEILSIDE WING  

Wheels & Rubber: 18 INCH CHROME ANTERAS WIT 265/35/18 DUNLOPS  

R/W kW: 318kw@20psi  

Quarter mile time: 11.703@116mph

11.7 and 116 mph = ~250 rwkw (that's on a roller dyno)

If it is a hub dyno, add 15 rwkw (no wheels or rollers).

265 rhkw (rear hub kilowatts)

Note no mention of camshafts:cheers:

im running 250lb in my rear with some reasonable bilistein shocks. Not too bad, but i would love to try the 500lb's i have sitting in my room  :D

I have 200lb springs in the rear of mine, with good even tyre ware, and really not a lot of squat. Id be looking at the shock setting.

Sydneykid, you stated harder springs equalling less traction. This statement I can understand with a live rear end but with the primitive design ( compared to later models ) of the HR31 IRS, soft springs, especially the standard gear send the rear into enomous negative camber lifting a lot of the rubber off the road.

Many owners have reported success in better traction and faster 1/4 mile times when going to harder rear suspension.

Harder springs = less traction:cheers:

Harder springs = Less Squat = More than 1/3 the tyre touching the ground

Its a fine line with a HR31 IRS... too soft, and you squat so much that i've had 1/3 the tyre only touching the ground from footage... and thats hardly gonna help the problem.

Since i've installed slightly harder bilisteing shocks (over the ones i had) its been noticeably better, not startling... but much better

Just some axle tramp to sort out now