SAU Community

Top RB20 Club... do you have over 260rwkw?

Yeah Jason we played with the profec on that - did a few half pulls to try and get it on harder, but it made stuff all difference. I settled on a setting that gave the flattest boost curve for ya.

I thought about cranking the boost up some more for you but it's hard to say when enough's enough. I could have spent all day on the car, but you have to weigh up what the gains will be versus how much the customer is prepared to pay, if ya know what I mean.

If ya want us to push it some more, just give us a call and book it in. Happy to help. Just remember though that it wont last forever when you start stressing things out!

If ya want us to push it some more, just give us a call and book it in. Happy to help. Just remember though that it wont last forever when you start stressing things out!

Have you any experience with cars that have been under your care for a good period of time and know that all the support systems were there, no silly spanner work or temp/detonation issues occurred...subsequently got a good feel for how long they live on the street at say 320-350rwhp???

LOL i ask because i have been on a mission to see if my little RB20 will start to breath or struggle at a bunch of track days this year...so far so good...and i so want to wind another 2-3 psi into and get it up to 19/20psi and 250-255rwkws:)

Im waiting for a new turbo that will hopefully allow me to get those numbers with 16-17psi...will see how it all goes, car has to live thru Sandown in 2 weeks time:)

Cound'nt of said it better myself Glenn.The tune before was to hardcore I think as it had way to much knock!

You did a mint job and I'm loving it!!!

I'm thinking maybe going the stock exhaust manifold? as a crack looks to me starting in the china one.

I reckon it would be worth a go with the stocker back to back to see what difference it makes.

Roy, no one with an rb20 in WA is making anywhere near the power figures your talking about as far as I know.. Fair few on 300-320 but thats about it.

Thought id post in this thread as i've been reading it for some time now, And i jus finished a bit of work on my car,With results im fairly happy with 219rwkw @1bar.

Car feels very punchy and im sure it will keep me happy for atleast a couple of months.

Pointless thread i know, But it feels good to finally make over 200

Details of the setup PRO_32? Thats good power on 1bar:thumbsup:

As for WA, was kinda hoping that there may be a car in your Prod Car/Street car class running an RB20 in the series...lol piggyback some feedback from a few seasons of bashing around Barbagallo with a big turbo on it.;). (Cant recall the name of the series, thought it was street car but no sure)

Our involvement in the street car scene has been with an SR20. We run 430hp at the treads in all-day-race-trim.

nobody here runs an RB20 in that area.

All of the high HP rb20's I've done end up dying because they were 150,000k's old before the mods started, and as they generally end up in drift cars, they get absolutely belted stupid on the road.

I reckon it would be worth a go with the stocker back to back to see what difference it makes.  

Roy, no one with an rb20 in WA is making anywhere near the power figures your talking about as far as I know..  Fair few on 300-320 but thats about it.

Yeah, and graft a big ext gate onto it...........

Have you any experience with cars that have been under your care for a good period of time and know that all the support systems were there, no silly spanner work or temp/detonation issues occurred...subsequently got a good feel for how long they live on the street at say 320-350rwhp???

LOL i ask because i have been on a mission to see if my little RB20 will start to breath or struggle at a bunch of track days this year...so far so good...and i so want to wind another 2-3 psi into and get it up to 19/20psi and 250-255rwkws:)

Im waiting for a new turbo that will hopefully allow me to get those numbers with 16-17psi...will see how it all goes, car has to live thru Sandown in 2 weeks time:)

Roy,

what is this new turbo you are waiting for?

you can PM me if u don't want to mention it here.

Hey guys just bought my R32 from Japan.

Car mods as follows:

TD-06 turbo with external waste gate (50MM i believe)

bigger injectors (with extra injector for high boost)

GReddy injector equaliser control (is what i've been told it is)

aftermarket ECU

electronic boost controller

upgraded fuel pump and swirl pot

adjustable fuel regulator

GTR intercooler (replacing stock intercooler) want a FMIC

3' dump from the turbo into rear muffler which is standard at the moment, with extractors.

GTR rotors and calipers (is what i've been told)

irridium plugs and upgraded ignition coils

rods and pistons have been done as well as bearings (is what i was told)

set of race springs and HKS front and rear strut brace.

Apexi air intake with modded CAI /Heat shielding (thanks to SAU thread)

button racing clutch and locked diff (want to change diff)

Have not dyno'd the car yet as im still getting it on the road and everything sorted out. When i do i'll let you know how it goes.

Talking to the tuner yesterday and he said if didn't have a couple of hundred kilowats after driving it he said he would eat his hat :Pimp2:

Can not wait to get it on the road although u have been re thinking it as a daily driver now!!!

Yes with that turbo it wudnt be a daily driver!! Thats for sure lol

But will make alot of hp and once you learn to drive it be good for the drags itd think

Sounds sweet

well i will turn the boost back to 0.6 or 0.8 bar for daily driving and running around. and when i head to the track or go drifting i'll wind it back up again (as it takes about 5 seconds to change :Pimp2: )

had it at the track yesterday to see what it was like actually, no trouble driving the car, but i can see i will have trouble keeping tyres up to it if i keep the boost where its at the moment :innocent:

i have no doubt it will produce the goods, just have to get the time to service it, get it on the road then dyno run to see whats its doing, tune it and then its back on the dyno to see what it produces.

Will keep you all posted but i hope to post back up in the next couple of months with something over 200rwk's :matrix:

lol i was thinkin huge ass turbo = lots of lag??

And rb20s arent the best engines off boost!

There is minimal lag actually. It has a electronic set up for preset boost at rmp as well as the EBC. This unit also controls the fuel for the extra injector.

And as for RB20's not being good on boost or off i dont think you will find a better motor for rev range.

Different tuners so i have to overlay the plots myself:)    

People always say too small an A/R exhaust hosuing chokes up top end, well the 8cm makes more power everywhere...makes me think whether the 6cm housing will give it more midrange without impaciting on top end...i suspect 6cm may be too small:confused:

TD06_Plot.jpg

LOL..at 4,000rpm it makes exactly double the power and is on full boost:)

Hey Roy, just a few questions, u have a rb20 with a td06 20g right, and u made around 250rwkw,

what psi did u use, what other supporting mods do u have, did the tuners say the turbo had much more left in it rwhp wise.