SAU Community

Top RB20 Club... do you have over 260rwkw?

its internally gated...and i dont have injectors yet, but thats next on my list. the guys who r doing for me (race solutions and hitman in penrith) asked me the same question bout injectors, and after i told them i havnt done them yet they said theyll see how far they can push the stockies....im hoping to get injectors done after christmas :(

Without injectors done forget about joing the "260kw" club. And if its a TO4 with internal gate have you got a pic of it?

When you said turbo rebuilt to TO4 specs did you mean your stock turbo supposedly built to TO4 specs or another turbo that you have purchased?

oh and im not expecting to get above the 260 mark without getting other stuff done, meaning mainly injectors (which is my next project) and a fuel regulator...i was simply stating what i have gotten done thus far, so please dont treat me like an idiot...as im not one, with what i have done so far, im realistically hoping for 220-230 atw kw, just thought id make that clear...thanks

Edited by R32_GTS-4

so is 220-230 theoretically possible with standard injectors?

no, stockers rated at 270cc's are crap for 240 HP at the wheels, they will be maxed out at that power.

100% duty cycle is not your friend, you should never run over 80% for safteys sake.

hell, im taking out my 550's and going to 720's just to have a low duty cycle, and thats with about 450bhp.......

Mine were hitting 92% duty for 176rwkw. Keep reving it past peak power and it required 100% duty to hold a 12:1 AFR.

They were slightly dirty as cold starts would see it stumble slightly.

Depends how happy the dyno is if you make 220kw with std injectors.

All though at the dyno day there was an R32 running stock ecu, stock airboox, exhaust, fmic, HKS GT2530 @ 1bar. That made 178rwkw.

Unsure if injectors were at their maximum, it now requires an FCD to make more power.

Edited by Cubes

maybe past 240hp at the wheels. Thats where I'm at with the stock Rb20 injectors @ 14psi with the stock turbo.

That dyno is either very happy, the injectors aren't really standard or the fuel pressure is way above standard. There are no miracles in engines, including fuel injectors.

:angry: cheers :P

I recently had my GTR injectors flowed.

Base fuel pressure set was 40psi.

@ 100% duty they flowed 474-480cc

@ 80% duty they flowed 384-390cc.

So theoretically, say the GTST injectors are 270cc's.

270cc's * 0.8 = 216cc (80% duty).

Isn't the old rule of injectors 1 cc per hp. 216hp.

Or is that 1cc per hp based on 100% duty flow i.e 270cc @ 100% duty makes 270hp at 80%duty.

Kind of messy but hope it makes sense. :)

Stock RB20DET running 14psi with a tuned ecu (PFC) on the dyno's I run on generally make spot on 170rwkw.

Edited by Cubes

Hi R32_gts-4

550cc will get you the rwkw your after Matt tuned mine with 550 and there still on standard presure and im running 238rwkw on his dyno with other mods to though but if your running a to4 as i was i think u might be battling i had mine rebuilt twice and it still dont flow enough runs outa puff at 6800rpm and its rated at 500hp

Cheers Peter

Edited by legend01

hey thanks for the info guys...i have another question, does anyone know the part number for bosch 550 injectors, i called their inquiry line and they have no idea, great help they were haha

also does anything need to be modifyed to fit bigger flowing injectors? i heard somewhere that u need a higher impedance, i think? is this right, or am i getting told crap??

thanks

hey thanks for the info guys...i have another question, does anyone know the part number for bosch 550 injectors, i called their inquiry line and they have no idea, great help they were haha

also does anything need to be modifyed to fit bigger flowing injectors? i heard somewhere that u need a higher impedance, i think? is this right, or am i getting told crap??

thanks

hey dude, I have a set of Nismo 555cc injectors in my GTS4, they are straight fit just plug in and go. Don't worry about some obscure help line, just go to a site sponsor or nengun (where i got mine) and get them cheap and the best quality around.

I've had my 555s for 3 years now and once tuned on a RB20 like you then idle and economy is perfect. Can't go wrong! :)