SAU Community

Top RB20 Club... do you have over 260rwkw?

• 3 weeks later...

No one really cares but i will keep adding anyway. Had another motorkhana day today where i gave it plenty of stick with an 8,200rpm rev limit and 18psi. The ambient temps were up around the 28deg C so warm day. Still in one piece. I was even shifting hard and the box survived.

Sky30 has been good enough to part with his cams. So in the new year i may just waste some more money on the old girl and put the new timing belt, water pump/idler/tensioner etc on it and get it retuned with the cams and the new Shell 100 fuel. (Decisions-decisions)

The car was only ever tuned for 17-18psi, and found out recently its getting up a little over 13:1 A/Fs when i run 21psi. So best get it tuned at that boost level if im going to continue to drive it at that boost.

No one really cares but i will keep adding anyway. Had another motorkhana day today where i gave it plenty of stick with an 8,200rpm rev limit and 18psi. The ambient temps were up around the 28deg C so warm day. Still in one piece. I was even shifting hard and the box survived.

Sky30 has been good enough to part with his cams. So in the new year i may just waste some more money on the old girl and put the new timing belt, water pump/idler/tensioner etc on it and get it retuned with the cams and the new Shell 100 fuel. (Decisions-decisions)

The car was only ever tuned for 17-18psi, and found out recently its getting up a little over 13:1 A/Fs when i run 21psi. So best get it tuned at that boost level if im going to continue to drive it at that boost.

don't tell me you've still using the wrecker timing belt it came with are you? :)

Ya gotta remember that 100 octane isn't available in sheppaton & philip island so getting tuned for it may be premature....

I normally fill my car so i know how much fuel is in it then drain the tank into jerry cans so i only run around the track with 10kg of fuel...why take a passenger load of fuel around when you dont need to. So when im driving it in anger i will have the fuel i need to run.

When the motor was swapped over in my car the old timing belt off my original motor was used. So that makes it 80,000kms old. I have no idea what water pump, oil pump, idler etc is on it. I know the crank / harmonic balances is shagged as it had a small hiccup with a half inch drive being left on it when driven out of the workshop. So as far as spending money on it thats something thats in the back of my mind that will one day fly apart and rip thru my bonnet...hence the whole too many unknowns and starting on the bitsa motor im putting together.

And yesterday was a bit of a high water mark, big 2nd / 3rd gear loses where i kept my foot planted resulting in popped rear tyres on the limiter...the engien took it. LOL its making this power all too easy, need to lean on it with some real boost :)

Yeh, you saw my engine bay...not too pretty. :) Just couldnt be farked with it as i know as soon as i put some effort into it the shadows from its past will come back to haunt it. I had a whole lot of silly things go wrong with my car the first few months i was in Vic...highs and lows and swings and roundabouts...you can take it easy on the track and still have a whole lot of fun. Drive like a lose nut and its an absolute ball :)

Things will be a bit quiet on the car front for a while...need to get the diff in and get back to drags...would love to get a 12.5 or so, its a reach but may be possible

Wow this is a huge thread!

I managed 205kw at 6500 rpm at my first dyno session with my RB20DET but stopped after the first run as it was running on 5 cylinders due to a spark plug failure. Hard to say what it makes on 6 cylinders at 7500 rpm but its got to be about 230+ at least.

I've run the 1/4 mile 3 times in it, and my times reflect my bad driver ability. I was still learning to launch the car with the twin plate and had some running and anti-lag issues. My best time was a 13.8 at 116.9mph when I stalled it off the line, but managed to not screw up shifting gears after that.

The car does go pretty good. With 4 people in the car and launching it on anti-lag I can smoke all 4 wheels and break 2nd gear loose on a rubber coated surface. Did this at a recent go to woah event at a local car show. Air temps on the day were about 32-34 degrees.

The engine is internally stock but I've done all the bolt on's:

Custom plenum

GT25BB400 0.64/0.7 hot/cold on a high mount, 20lb boost

440cc injectors, 50psi pressure at idle

Wolf V4 plus ecu

MSD CDI with 3 coil waste spark ignition, BCPR7ES plugs

600x300x76 intercooler

GTR gearbox

nismo gmax twin plate

remote oil cooler and filter

I suspect its going to die if i keep treating it like I do, so a strong as 30/25 is being installed inside a month.

And just because im a camera whore and love gate action, and to show the car isnt being treated with velvet gloves. Someone caught me being silly on dead tyres, which delaminated after the first spin meaning it was very taily and easy to spin up

...i never said i could drive :(

And GTST4Newbie, you certainly have some good mph.Goo dluck with it

• 2 weeks later...

are u still using the td06 20g 8cm turbo roy? has anything else changed between me readin pages 1 thru 60 lol? do u use adjustable cam gears? is there a common setting for them to or is it at the tuners discression? im in the process of purchasing stuff for my 20 build. aiming for 300hp have the basics now like injectors, new timing belt, bigger radiator etc etc just hunting for a plenum an wat sort of turbo arrangement will get me wat i want