SAU Community

Top RB20 Club... do you have over 260rwkw?

another update on mine

well ive now sold the trust td06 a couple months ago because i wanted to try something else, i managed to pic up a garret GT3040R with a ceramic coated .63 rear housing, xspower stainless high mount manifold and a new tial 38mm gate with .9 spring.

while it was off the road and in bits i thought it was about time i dropped some cams into it, i picked up a set of hks 264 9.0 (or 9.1 im not to sure as there an older version of the cam with no lift spec stamped on) i also put adjustable gears on them

on its current tune its made 346rwp @22psi, not the 400 it used to make but what i find impressive is the power comes on so much earlier now, it feels faster to drive than when it had 400, no dyno sheet of it as i forget to grab it!

23tpizl.jpg

Your engine bay look mint AD4M! Nice work man.

Just got a question for you RB20 freaks;

Just wondering what power is expected from my standard RB20, I'm getting it tuned very soon with the following mods;

Apexi Power FC (AP Engineering RB20)

Z32 AFM

BNR32 injectors

Bosch 040 intank f/pump

Blitz return flow intercooler

HKS cast low mount manifold (Ex-gate port at the top)

HKS T04e (unsure of size)

HKS Ex-gate

Standard air box with CAI

Motor is completely stock, no internal work or anything just the bolt on upgrades.

Don't know the exact specs on the turbo as it hasn't arrived from Japan just yet, only bought the kit because it previously came of an RB20 in Japan and is all straight bolt on.

But just wanted to get a rough idea of what is expected.

Thanks.

cheers Abu, alot of effort went into it this time round :)

with your setup i have a mate here with pretty much the same setup, except he's running a microtech ecu

last tune i think it made a safe 310 rwhp @18psi

cheers Abu, alot of effort went into it this time round :)

Yeah it seems like it man, looks quality!

with your setup i have a mate here with pretty much the same setup, except he's running a microtech ecu

last tune i think it made a safe 310 rwhp @18psi

Ah very nice, thats about what I want it to make at around 18-19psi would be the most I would push it.

Maybe after the tune I might consider some cams for some extra power and response.

Did your cams make much difference or you didn't tune it before and after?

i would have liked to do the cams on the td06 setup for comparison sakes but nah it was all done in one hit with the new turbo setup.

another bonus is the overlap at idle :D sounds soo tough now haha

but the cams have made the throttle response alot better down low in the revs while its off boost i feel

Ah very good man.

Yeah idle would be awesome man, get some videos up :D

Thanks for all the help as well, now you got me wanting to buy some cams!

Edited by abu

Got my car started tonight.

I have a few issues that need sorting out but atleast the bastard runs after 16 months of it being off the road. Oil pressure is good, just needs the ECU tweaked and a few little bits and pieces, so In around a month or two it should be on the track :D

Mods are (for those who dont know)

RB20DET - totally stock

Trust TD06 L2

Emanage Ultimate

550cc sard injectors

Z32 afm

Bosch 023 in tank pump

supporting mods etc

I will run around 1.2bar through it to start and go from there :(

Looking forward to see what the L2 does Wheezy! :(

AD4Mm looks a treat mate. congrats. One thing, when you get bored throw the std cams back in and give it a quick re-tune with attention to the cam gears. I suspect you will make more top end on less boost with a touch more response. :)

LOL, but this is not a guarantee....i ran very similar cams and went backwards a touch, required more boost to make the same power and lost a little response :D

Apexi Power FC (AP Engineering RB20)

Z32 AFM

BNR32 injectors

Bosch 040 intank f/pump

Blitz return flow intercooler

HKS cast low mount manifold (Ex-gate port at the top)

HKS T04e (unsure of size)

HKS Ex-gate

Standard air box with CAI

Would it be worth using adjustable CAM gears with the above?

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The secret is spending the money in the tuning to get the thing on song. My first tuner said they lost power when they played with the cam timing, ended up leaving them at 0. My current tuner has them cocked around to whatever setting and there was a marked improvement. Interesting to see if others have noticed the same when they have spent the money on tuning. Cant wait for Interloper to get some on his GT-RS.

(Yes i know Interloper...i may use your pipe and modify my current one for you :D )

Whatever you can get a good price on. On paper the ones with 4 or 5 stars have more points of fastening so less likely to slip....but i have never heard of the 2 spoke HKS ones having problems...so whatever you can get for a good price

Maybe someone has some info on cam gears on standard rb20 ? I plan to use t3/t4 turbo(compressor a/r 0.5, turbine a/r - 0.63), external wastegate.

I was thinking about 220+ rwkw could be possible with that turbo. Would I benefit from cam gears on my setup ? As I will be doing all the tuning myself, how should I adjust the cam gears to get more mid-range ? I'm not that keen on top end. Wanna save the baby rb20det for a little longer. God knows how much more health it has, and redlining it only makes its life shorter.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The secret is spending the money in the tuning to get the thing on song. My first tuner said they lost power when they played with the cam timing, ended up leaving them at 0. My current tuner has them cocked around to whatever setting and there was a marked improvement. Interesting to see if others have noticed the same when they have spent the money on tuning. Cant wait for Interloper to get some on his GT-RS.

(Yes i know Interloper...i may use your pipe and modify my current one for you :D )

lol, i was beginning to think that you had forgotten all about mine :banana:

and those cam gears are going on the HKS 2510 first!

I think i really need to invest some time in more tuning for mine...my cam gears were just set to +3 IN -6 EX and just tuned from there...Interloper...are you running a remap? would be really interested in seeing your results...if i get mine done i'll post it up too...cheers...

cheers for the kind words guys

Roy it would be good to try that to see where exactly in the rev range the cams are working there magic, but i really cant be stuffed pulling it appart AGAIN haha.

Koree you can get it from Go Gear in osbourne park, I've put it over all the water lines,oil feed and oil drain aswell (it comes in diferent size diametre) I used it more as a safety thing then anything.

hows the old girl coming along mate?

Hey guys,

i am getting my Cefiro tuned this saturday, and was wondering if anyone had any idea (or guesses) of what i'll get?

Specs

RB24 - GTR crank / rods / Tomei pistons

Tomei 1.5 HG

Tomei adjustable cam gears (set at 0 still)

Garrett GT3076r IW - 0.6 front, 56trim, .63 exhaust housing - wastegate ported and larger flap installed.

Dmax low mount stainless manifold

AM performance stainless, custom screamer pipe

3" straight pipe to twin flutes (no cat / mufflers)

Apexi Power FC (AP Engineering)

444cc injectors

nismo fuel pressure regulator

walbro intank fuel pump.

Gizmo EBC

I'm wanting to pump 1.5 Bar into it and see how it goes.

what you reackon? I hope i'm not disappointe lol...

I think i really need to invest some time in more tuning for mine...my cam gears were just set to +3 IN -6 EX and just tuned from there...Interloper...are you running a remap? would be really interested in seeing your results...if i get mine done i'll post it up too...cheers...

i reckon +3 IN -6 EX is about right given thats pretty much what Roy's using.

The remaps on the GT-RS, but the PFC is running the 2510 and thats where the cam gears will go :glare: