SAU Community

Fuel Pump Relay in r32 rb20det - help *urgent*

sweet, I've been frantically looking for it everywhere. Everything I have read said it was between the ECU and the IGN. But I couldn't find any locations. The only other relay I knew of was in the boot there. Sorry to steer you astray mate.

Guest two.06l
Found them.

Anyone know which one is which?

Also where i could get a replacement this weekend if i need one?

46n2

your fuel pump relay is in the boot!

two.06l,

I've recently done a full re-wire installation of a Wolf 3D into my R32 GTS4, utilising the factory relays. I think I know where the fuel pump relay is. I think you will find that the "relay" in the boot is the "fuel pump control modulator" (but I can't swear by that).

Guest two.06l
pretty certain it' the one in the boot because i touched it while the car was running and it started to jump it's idle between 300rpm and 2000 rpm hOORAY! :rolleyes:

unplugged the relay and the terminals are corroded, so time to get a new relay.

w000t

46n2

Good work, and good luck with the repair

Unfortunately, I wasn't smart enough to label them, or make any sort of written record as to which is which.

I think you need to get the genuine Nissan article, because they use a non-standard pin arrangement (well, they are certainly different to the Bosch types). Unless you are prepared to unpick the connectors from the plug to connect onto a standard Bosch type.

I'm guessing both relays from behind the ECU are the same PartNo - they are just a relay after all.

Ive been working from the JPNZ manual - the engine wiring diagram is on page EN-289, if that's any help