SAU Community

My car: Off the road after only 2 weeks!!

Atreyu

Well after owning my Skyline for two weeks its already off the road and Im not happy. The clutch is dead I think, was driving along and the motor was revving out real far in every gear so I turned around to get it home and I couldnt get to the speed limit so I was cruising at 20km in a 100km speed zone then turned off to go a down a quieter street and I starting losing all speed, I had to get it towed home at 12.00am. I am nearly 100% sure it is the clutch. My mechanic has the car atm but hasnt had a chance to rip the box out.

Now does anyone know if you can get clutchs rebuilt as my car has an Exedy 450 horse power puck clutch so it shouldnt have failed??

, however I dont know how long ago it was fitted. I think my mechanic has ordered a clutch, I know he deals in Daiken/Exedy. I dont even know what type of clutch he ordered but he said the catologe said it suited 88-96 model Skylines.

Also another question, on the wastegate actuator it has two 5mm? hose's coming off it, my problem is that the bottom one of mine has been cut and whats left has been zip tied to the top one. Does anyone know where the other end of the hose goes to??

As I went to install a turbosmart boost controller but I cant until I can find the other end of the hose. My car is also running around 4psi, could this be the problem?? It has a trust exhuast from the turbo back and an apexi pod filter, could they cause the pressure drop??

Or could it be the wastegate or bov leaking?? It had on it before I bought it an HKS SS BOV so maybe I need to check all the vac hose's.

Please help, I am getting sick of my car already. I have barely driven it in 2 weeks.

Strange about the clutch, should be fine for a long time.. its possible they didn't change the thrust bearing, or didn't machine the flywheel, resulting in premature wear of the clutch.

Also another question, on the wastegate actuator it has two 5mm? hose's coming off it, my problem is that the bottom one of mine has been cut and whats left has been zip tied to the top one. Does anyone know where the other end of the hose goes to??

Sounds like when they connected the BOV, they removed the "recycler pipe" (not technical name!) that goes back to the standard boost solenoid - is this what you are talking about??

If the pipe is still there there is a nipple off it.. which is the tube to the bottom (or is it top?) of the boost solenoid. Maybe they didn't block off the nipple or top properly.

See the stock boost solenoid uses two pressure points to have a bit of a two stage system to control boost.. the one point blocked off like that may just cause it to sit in the lower boost level.. or a bit of a vacumn leak across the entire system.

If anything opening up the exhaust and air intake should naturally increase the boost levels a bit so that shouldn't be the problem.

p.s. these sound like the problem and I may be wrong - but of course somebody who takes a look at it fairly quickly should be able to suss it for you.