SAU Community

Help for changing the oil filter for RB26 engine.

Aya

Sneak into the kitchen and grab the gripper thingy from tupperware that the lady of the house uses to open tight screw tops. Make sure you wash it thoroughly after and hope not to get caught.

Sneak into the kitchen and grab the gripper thingy from tupperware that the lady of the house uses to open tight screw tops. Make sure you wash it thoroughly after and hope not to get caught.

Yeah, used one of them, and got away with it! ;)

I alos picked up a sorta rounded-triangular hinged jobby from my grandpa's garage, works a LOT better than the steel belt type tools.

you could hammer a screw driver through it and use the screw driver to turn it.

I've had to use this method on a friends GTI-R (transverse SR20=bitch). Only problem was it was at his house, with next to 0 tools. had a cheap arse two piece screw driver (the ones that come with 4 drivers but one handle), and had to "hammer" it in using a big arse socket in the palm of my hand. Never again. it's messy. Just don't put it back on too tight!

Richard

Yeah, used one of them, and got away with it! ;)

I alos picked up a sorta rounded-triangular hinged jobby from my grandpa's garage, works a LOT better than the steel belt type tools.

sounds like the best answer to me

The rest of you are butchers :rofl:

im no butcher! the sandpaper is the best method of all of them but it was overlooked! try it you will be surprised!

I've had both my tools fail and resorted to the ol' screwdriver, but next time i'm trying rubber jar opener AND sandpaper, reckon it'd work well...

Edit: On re-readin that post, i thought i better reiterate i am DEFINATELY talking about removing oil filters, and NOTHING else. :aroused:

Hi, Yesterday I bought the engine oil and the filter for my R32 GTR. Its hard to move the oil filter by hands. Is there any way can move the oil filter easier? Please help!!!!

A big part of the problem on a GTR is just getting access to the filter. I'd strongly recommend investing in a remote filter adaptor kit which makes things a LOT easier.

A big part of the problem on a GTR is just getting access to the filter.   I'd strongly recommend investing in a remote filter adaptor kit which makes things a LOT easier.

Yeh! The RB26 engine realli need the remote filter kit. But the Trust one cost 260 and the labour fee gonna cost like two hour to install it. so that gonna be like another 100 or maybe more. And for the GTR, of course it need a oil cooler in the furture and the oil cooler kit which included the remote filter adaptor. So I decide to do that next year. Just have to do that once. Dont have to waste money. But the thing I want to say is GTR is what I called " money drinker". The GTS that I had b4 wasn't spent money like that. hehe....

Yeh..didn't say it would be cheap ;)

My 89 GTR came already kitted out with a GREX remote oil filter kit + FM oil cooler, inc thermostat. The oil filter is mounted just behind the front lip on the passenger side. It actually took me a few minutes to find it when I first got the car, but changing it is sooooo easy and no mess :D

Whatever you buy, get a kit that uses proper compression fittings (eg AN or similar). Some of the cheap kits use hose clamps which IMHO are not good enough for long term reliability at engine oil pressure/temps.

Yeh! The RB26 engine realli need the remote filter kit. But the Trust one cost 260 and the labour fee gonna cost like two hour to install it. so that gonna be like another 100 or maybe more. And for the GTR, of course it need a oil cooler in the furture and the oil cooler kit which included the remote filter adaptor. So I decide to do that next year. Just have to do that once. Dont have to waste money. But the thing I want to say is GTR is what I called " money drinker". The GTS that I had b4 wasn't spent money like that. hehe....

$260, where? I've been in touch with Dan from ModYourCar about stocking these (and other engines) and he's got Greddy items up for $350, but that's a fair bit more than the price you're talking.

Also if you're game enough to change an oil filter, you can fit a remote kit, so why pay $100 to get it fitted. You'll only have to go thru the pain of removing the standard setup once.

$260, where? I've been in touch with Dan from ModYourCar about stocking these (and other engines) and he's got Greddy items up for $350, but that's a fair bit more than the price you're talking.

Also if you're game enough to change an oil filter, you can fit a remote kit, so why pay $100 to get it fitted. You'll only have to go thru the pain of removing the standard setup once.

Ture, I am game enough to change the oil filter. for the Trust oil filter remote, it's 260 from a friend of mine, he sell it a little bit expersive to customer, but he give it to me with 260. I know ADVAN sell that is cheaper than the price that u talking about 350.

Yeh..didn't say it would be cheap :D

My 89 GTR came already kitted out with a GREX remote oil filter kit + FM oil cooler, inc thermostat.  The oil filter is mounted just behind the front lip on the passenger side.   It actually took me a few minutes to find it when I first got the car, but changing it is sooooo easy and no mess :rofl:

Whatever you buy, get a kit that uses proper compression fittings (eg AN or similar).  Some of the cheap kits use hose clamps which IMHO are not good enough for long term reliability at engine oil pressure/temps.

Man! My friend said same things as u say in here. He bought a 89 model GTR that already had that remote oil filter kit + oil cooler. He was saying how easy to change that on the top of the engine when I get pain to change my one. Hehe...

But yeh! The Oil cooler + remote oil filter kit which is very good thing.