SAU Community

WINTON Fun Day/Accommodation

Bec

Bec - different Troy! The one helping me is ylwgtr2 - the drunk one you will be stuck with is Roy!

:P

LOL - I know they are different Troy's - YLWGTR2 (troy) is coming to Winton as well apparently and we were trying to find out if he wanted accommodation as well - but if he's fixing your gearbox then I guess he won't be needing it.

As if you'd let Roy near your gearbox!!!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is this 7am start. If the drive is 2 hours, hmm, thought gates open 8. Can you rock up late?

My friends have suddenly become interested in going up. But we are looking at the onsite camping, $15 a night from what i read on website.

Is there no scrutineering? Im low on information, last minute decision.

Is petrol easy to get hold of up there. Expensive. Should jsut bring a jerry can?

There is a special "skylines" service station at Benella which is 10mins drive away. Because you will probably get LOTS of track time you will need up to 2 tanks of fuel for this day. Its prolly a few cents more than Melb. But not heaps more.

winton_01.jpg

There is scruiteneering - its VERY basic and doesnt take long. I can garantee it won't start at 9:30am. The head of the Benella Auto Club does this REALLY annoying speach before the event about the whole AASA v CAMS thing thats boring as all hell and goes for ages. But he does it every time. Leaving the start of the Hume at 7:00am will be perfect.

For the accomodation I have placed my credit card down as the deposit to hold 3x 5 Person appartments. It works out at $30 Per Person. Rather than stufing around when we get up there, I might get people to Direct Deposit $30 into my account. This will save us scrounging around for peoples loose change and frantically swapping notes to get the $30 each right, with 15 people standing in the office.

So people can either DD to my account and i'll chuck it all on credit, or make sure you have $30 cash to hand out to me and I can just walk straight in their and get it sorted. This will mean we can get on with the beer and pool. 35 degrees is forecast for Saturday.

Here is my account details:

063245 00688564 - Mr Christopher R Thomson

Please use your forum name as a description if using Netbanking, and PM me once you sent the money. If paying for two or three please indicate.

Cheers Chris. 0418390299

The first 15 ppl? I was like last on the list so how much? I just checked this thread tonight.

It's OK - you have a bed - we have an option to chuck an extra bed in the lounge rooms of the aportments (for an additional price) so a couple of extras wont kill us - if we get a few more people though I will look at booking an additional room.

Or bring along one or two sleeping beds. if the inn owner don't mind, save us some money.

They are only like $10 - and they probly would mind.

Anyways - not like you could fit one let alone two in the boot???

So people can either DD to my account and i'll chuck it all on credit, or make sure you have $30 cash to hand out to me and I can just walk straight in their and get it sorted.  This will mean we can get on with the beer and pool.  35 degrees is forecast for Saturday.

Cheers Chris. 0418390299

frankly I don't trust you and all this slush fund business is getting me nervous

well Shivam's mate "300ZX Guy" has to work this weekend so he has had to pull out - although this does mean Shiv gets his car for the weekend....

anyways - so we are back to 15 people - so everyone gets a bed at the moment

Chris/Bec, unfortunately one of my mates had to pull out also, sorry .

So now it's me plus 1.

and they're dropping like flies

everyone remember to BRING YOUR CB'S FOR THE TRIP UP!
- someone bring me one - ill be bored driving up by myself
picking up my car tonight! Saw it last night and reeeeeeeeeeeow!!!

I bet it looks sexier than the last time i saw it!!!