SAU Community

OK so who is the one who lost 2 a sportivo!!!

MegaGTS4

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last corolla i came up against was the boxie style 1989 corolla (usually the 100kw 4age engine) he had 4 guys in the car, he asked me to give him a run and said why not, and to my surprise i heard i BOV go off and thought wtf? he kept up with me til 100, i was the only person in the car with approx 180rwkw, then i talked to him and he said he was running a MR2 engine, then i thought okay that explains it. hahah

you never know what your up against til you see results, another time i was in friends stock a block evo 6 1/2 and a ricer 2 door 99 model lancer came up to us FULL STEALTH i swear heard the HKS SSQV go off, and thought HUH? up to 100 he kept up even off launch then after that he blew us away , did some research and discovered that he was running a evo engine with a big ass turbo aiii...........

my 2cents worth of past experiences

I reckon it's cool to see a micro machine move, but not brag about it.

If the Corrola had same serious TRD go fast bits even NA, they can catch you by surprise...aren't they 1170kg only! They are over here.

210ps/20.4kgm!

2zz.jpg

Yes, there is always someone faster. Which is even harder to guess with cars over here. Once along the wangan on the way to the drags a Daihatsu Opti with 3 passengers onboard continually toyed with both an E3 and 180SX. :):D:D

I'm sure the Opti had some serious work done to it...660cc can only go so fast :P.

The last corolla i came up against was  the boxie style 1989 corolla (usually the 100kw 4age engine) he had 4 guys in the car, he asked me to give him a run and said why not, and to my surprise i heard i BOV go off and thought wtf? he kept up with me til 100, i was the  only person  in the car with approx 180rwkw, then i talked to him and he said he was running a MR2 engine, then i thought okay that explains it. hahah

you never know what your up against til you see results, another time i was in friends stock a block evo 6 1/2 and a ricer 2 door 99 model lancer came up to us FULL STEALTH i swear heard the HKS SSQV go off, and thought HUH? up to 100 he kept up even off launch then after that he blew us away , did some research and discovered that he was running a evo engine with a big ass turbo aiii...........  

my 2cents worth of past experiences

Yeah, two of my mates have/had 3sgte corollas. Quite quick cars, pulled on my car, and I beat most of the r32s I challenge on the track..... So this one nite, out and about at umm Queensland raceway... We came across a celica (same engine as the sportivo corollas yeah?) Anyway end of the day this thing was next to us up to about 160kmh odd, and it had a few small things done to it.

Id belive one could beat a skyline.

"I had a run with a r33 gtst a while ago. My stivo was stock as a rock. Guy pulled up beside me in the skyline and did the usual creeping forward manouvere but when the light went green I basically held him thru 1st, pulled right up on him in 2nd, he pulled a bit on me with his 2nd and I grabbed 3rd and backed off at about 140 to make a left turn and he had about a mudguard on me. Hmmm where is he now that I've got a few more goddies under the hood..."

sad sad sad...

stock vs 33gtst and he only gets a mud guard on him

Hmm I don’t doubt the corolla would have put in a good effort…my old 4AGE could be quite surprising when you sat on the revs just before the cams kicked in.

The only thing I’ve found with the corollas is the torque just doesn’t feel like it’s there…don’t get me wrong they rev like hell, have some reasonable power…they just can’t get the thing moving, from 0-4000rpm they’re quite unremarkable.

With a pod and an exhaust my car when it was N/A could take them, so this 32 owner can’t drive :P

Saying that though….on some ‘magna forum’ some guy is probably gloating about the R34 he kept up with last night. I took off in 2nd, didn’t go past 4000rpm and he was revving the balls of this thing trying to get past me.

whats this LIFT they all talking about between gear changes , is this the new V-tec thingy for toyota's

Yep, they've got all the usual continuous VVT that you get on any VVTi car, but also VTEC like lift adjustment. Not sure how they do it exactly, but the result is pretty similar to VTEC. Have a look on the side of a new Celica, you'll see VVTLi on it with the L in red.

I reckon it's cool to see a micro machine move, but not brag about it.

If the Corrola had same serious TRD go fast bits even NA, they can catch you by surprise...aren't they 1170kg only! They are over here.

210ps/20.4kgm!

We certainly get a much more watered down version than that here. That has about the same power as an R32 GTSt, which is insane when you consider that it is just a NA 1.8L.

MIC33R - Hate to go off topic, but is the dude in your av the thing from spirited away ?

Yep, that's him. He's called "No Face".

I loved the movie for some reason. I'm normally not too keen on anime, but this one I just really liked.

Some of the worked V-tech Hondas you see getting round our pretty quick,

fit a better flowing intake and exhaust, shave the head for more compression, more agressive cams, fit a programable ecu and strip as much weight out of the car as you can and you can get them to run 13's.

So if you do the same sort of work to a sportivo there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to go as quick, so being able to beat a stock r32 gts ot gtst really isn't that unbeilivable.

rode passenger in an IS200 or whatever its called with the custom Beams 3SGE engine in it, and it rev's like a biotch. I was curious about the engine to put into my AE86, so the owner volunteered to let me ride along to see how it went... feels just as good as a turbo i reckon... so awesome esp when going around corners as you can just keep your foot down and let it rev its heart out.

rode passenger in an IS200 or whatever its called with the custom Beams 3SGE engine in it, and it rev's like a biotch. I was curious about the engine to put into my AE86, so the owner volunteered to let me ride along to see how it went... feels just as good as a turbo i reckon... so awesome esp when going around corners as you can just keep your foot down and let it rev its heart out.

that's the beauty of an NA engine, you can rev like mad around corners without lag.

Shan - what's a VSII?