SAU Community

Places not to leave your skylines...

Jetdat

Oi guys, dont get carried away or anything. Its not the end of the world if ur car gets broken into. Obviously u would want to take measures to minimise the risk but saying "im never parking at chaddy again" or "i will be taking the train from now on" is over the top. Don't let it affect ur lifestyle. Trust me worst things can happen. The world is full of fu(kwits

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

' date='23 Feb 2006, 02:17 AM' post='1973332']

haven't had any bad experiences at caulfield yet..been there 2 years...but shit better not start happening now...:S

caulfield was always sus to me cause of the number of hoboes and those junkies that u sometimes see hanging around the train station

excellent... i suppose as long as we have those yuppies in "daddy's" sc350's, 325ci's and C200K's then we'll be fine :)

*Knox shopping centre (getting a little more secure cos of nite closure)

*Dandenong (notorious for Grand Theft Auto type sprees, know cos happened to my brother where thieves stole his car, drove it and stopped to steal the exact same car and left his trashed)

*Springvale (springy rd and rear of shops, careful of station)

*Boronia (whole suburb)

*City carparks (off-street)

*crown (2nd parking building)

*back of chapel street/south yarra/prahran

*sunshine (whole suburb, esp. back of shops)

*lalor (whole suburb)

*epping (whole suburb)

*coburg (whole suburb)

*brunswick (backstreets)

*chaddy carpark (coles end)

*st kilda (inkerman st)

*richmond flats (park at own risk of extreme danger and vandalism)

*any type of commision flats/government housing (extreme caution)

*belgrave (whole suburb)

*pakenham (generally whole suburb)

*vic market (anywhere near it)

*collingwood (near shops and backstreets, generally the whole suburb)

*camberwell carparks (safeway bit- notorious for day breakins)

*Fitzroy (a real shithole. desperado country, people steal everything!)

*The Glen (carpark at night during late movie sessions)

*Caufield (ON-street parking, be very, very careful)

*Footscray and most of the western suburbs (bum central)

in conclusion don't park anywhere?

i was wondering about monash caulfield too. it seems okay. do you guys park on the streets or in the car park? i'm planning on buying one of those $220 yearly parking passes...

i was wondering about monash caulfield too. it seems okay. do you guys park on the streets or in the car park? i'm planning on buying one of those $220 yearly parking passes...

I normally park at coles car park if i intend on staying there for a short period of time (less than 2 hours) or if i intend on spending the day then I usually park in the newly built car park. I've found that paying with credit card has paid off my parking and not charged my credit card a cent...im hoping this issue hasn't been fixed up and hopefully i can continue parking free :P Parking on the street...ull find that these spots are always taken ...ure very lucky if u find a vacant 4 hour spot on the street...

Yes dont park anywhere..

What u are "planning" to buy is advertising space targeted at the hobo's of caufield promoting ur car to be jacked. I suppose it is abit of a rip off paying $220 to get ur car broken into, when u could just park it in any of the above places I mentioned for free! anywhere in the Western subs, expect to have ur car stripped ranging from wheels and engine package, to the whole lot! Eastern suburbs ud expect it to get a good keying, stereo removed in a bad manor, and propably brake fluid on the bodywork..

P.S

Afew other spots to remeber:

*Kew- behind high street shops (Safeway side)

*Burnley (between channel 9 and citilink entrance)

*Bell street vacinity (anytime ater 2am)

*Bay street carpark -Port Melb (anytime from 1am onwards -speaking from exp.)

oh i've got a big one i reckon everyone would agree with.............. COLLINGWOOD, especially the commission flats there....lolll i reckon anything in a 5km radius of those flats (stumbling distance for the junkies) except east melbourne... east melbourne is pretty safe

true story i was on smith st in peak traffic, and this junkie was tapping on the window of this sl500 ...and i'm like wtf? then all of a sudden he lashes at the screen (he had this ball bearing on a piece of metal wire) and smashed the window, grabs a laptop and runs off into a side street.... i was in absolute shock...this was in broad daylight in the middle of lunchtime during peak traffic, i reckon at least 100 people around him

i've also chased down a guy near the vic markets in my car, cause i saw him trying to break into my neighbour's car... he got away cause he went through flagstaff gardens... :D but i had my **** ready :)

i dunno about that area...something dodgey about leaving ur car in a field of other cars away from anything else, especially for a prolonged period. Thing is, most of these thieves are probably students, and they'd just wait in the car park for someone to park, knowing they'd be gone a while. Personally i park in coles and check on my car randomly and consistently and i also park in those priceless 4 hour spots...lots of people walking around there, so i feel safer having my car there....but i'd still recommend checking up on it

if u guys need the name and number of a guy who installs 2 point immobilliser with pager alarms for $350, just pm me...my whole family has got these on their cars...they're top alarms...and very very sensitive to any activity that is remotely similar to someone entering ur car, like when they try and pull the door handle, the car warns them....and the pager works a treat, i'd be in class and it'd start beeping...excellent range, something like 1km clear sight, 500m indoors...

Yes dont park anywhere..

What u are "planning" to buy is advertising space targeted at the hobo's of caufield promoting ur car to be jacked. I suppose it is abit of a rip off paying $220 to get ur car broken into, when u could just park it in any of the above places I mentioned for free! anywhere in the Western subs, expect to have ur car stripped ranging from wheels and engine package, to the whole lot! Eastern suburbs ud expect it to get a good keying, stereo removed in a bad manor, and propably brake fluid on the bodywork..

P.S

Afew other spots to remeber:

*Kew- behind high street shops (Safeway side)

*Burnley (between channel 9 and citilink entrance)

*Bell street vacinity (anytime ater 2am)

*Bay street carpark -Port Melb (anytime from 1am onwards -speaking from exp.)

:(:D

lol feel sorry for ya if you don't park your car anywhere.

You're wayyyyyyyyyy too paranoid.

Where are you rippin out the "Wetsern suburbs this will happen, Eastern suburbs this will happen" from. Someone will steal your car/stuff inside your car from anywhere, they don't do it differnetly because they live in a different area. :lol:

Take adequate precautions, but don't become some sort of mental patient...."they will come for my car...they will come for my car....they will come for my car" NOT.

Relax. I mean this list is way too long and detailed for you to be a normal person....lol. :lol:

*Knox shopping centre (getting a little more secure cos of nite closure)

*Dandenong (notorious for Grand Theft Auto type sprees, know cos happened to my brother where thieves stole his car, drove it and stopped to steal the exact same car and left his trashed)

*Springvale (springy rd and rear of shops, careful of station)

*Boronia (whole suburb)

*City carparks (off-street)

*crown (2nd parking building)

*back of chapel street/south yarra/prahran

*sunshine (whole suburb, esp. back of shops)

*lalor (whole suburb)

*epping (whole suburb)

*coburg (whole suburb)

*brunswick (backstreets)

*chaddy carpark (coles end)

*st kilda (inkerman st)

*richmond flats (park at own risk of extreme danger and vandalism)

*any type of commision flats/government housing (extreme caution)

*belgrave (whole suburb)

*pakenham (generally whole suburb)

*vic market (anywhere near it)

*collingwood (near shops and backstreets, generally the whole suburb)

*camberwell carparks (safeway bit- notorious for day breakins)

*Fitzroy (a real shithole. desperado country, people steal everything!)

*The Glen (carpark at night during late movie sessions)

*Caufield (ON-street parking, be very, very careful)

*Footscray and most of the western suburbs (bum central)

Edited by IOWNU

Clayton!

Also any multi-storey carpark, especially in areas with junkies.

i.e. cnr Russell & Little Bourke Sts.

Used to work there as a kid & cars were broken into all the time!

And how about a sub-thread on places not to drive your skyline?

Caulfield on Glenhuntly Rd & worse still Glen Eira Rd near Ripponlea Stn.

The local Torago drivers out there (yeah, you know who you are!) are undoubtably the worst, most inconsiderate drivers I've seen.

I am not too paranoid, just naming areas/places where accidents and thefts have occured and are proven. There are many areas I do park my car... I live in an inner eastern suburb called North Balwyn, been here for over 20 years.. never once has my car been touched, vandald, etc to myself or anyone in my street or anyone I know in the area!!!

thats the difference between where I am, and all these other areas. I suppose thats why the average house price is also 700-800K+....

I park my cars everywhere i feel it is safe, generally, extremely close to where i am or going, secure parking, anywhere where there is extreme light, etc but that list is also at the top of insurance company lists of dangerous areas in melb... compare that to suburbs like:

Canterbury

Camberwell

Hawthorn

Balwyn (& North)

Greythorn

Templestowe

Toorak

Kooyong

Armadale

Malvern

etc etc etc

also upper class areas, who barely ever have anything in there local Neighbourhood watch pamphlet. Quiet suburban, leafy streets, heavily patroled, with no young crowd due to the high prices of houses.. I mean with a few blocks radius of where my hosue we have the likes of:

National Aust Bank CEO

Kylie Manogue + family residences

Burt Newton

Portia De Rossi

Barry Humphries (Dame edna)

Geofrey Rush (resides bewtween here and U.S)

Cate Blanchet (resides in US mostly)

and the list goes on...

My g.f lives in an outer eastern area, average price is 250K in the city of Knox, and i am not lyign when i say, here car has been broken into 4 times within 6 months in her own driveway, her brothers car stolen and burned at a park, etc

the difference being.. u drive around her streets any hour of the night, and there is strange people and large youths walking around looking for trouble or free fkn handouts..

u come to the City of Boorandara (Camberwell, Balwyn etc)

and its a dry zone in most of it, means... NO ALCOHOL..

the streets are a ghost town by 11pm. simple as that.

so that list compiled is where drug users and abusers congregate, clubs, bars and bigne drinking, high crime from low or no income earners.. etc

just my 2 cents..

• 2 months later...