SAU Community

Best replacent panle filter for stock air box?

EvilINGT

The Aus Lexus Soarer Club guys did some tests on Toyota OEM filter vs. K&N, they found while the OEM had marginally less flow the filtration was streets ahead of the K&N, they flow so well at great expense to filtration. Fine dust WILL get in to your engine, so long as you change oil regular it might'd be a problem, but...

Obviously this is another car manufacturer but Nissan didn't cut many corners on the Skyline so why not trust them with the air filter? I'd try to source an OEM item.

Hmmm thats an important consideration about dust and the OEM filter. I found this thread

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ight=pipercross

Sydneykid seems to recomend the pipercross filters and they come for $60, thinks they are better than the K&N, i havent seen him be wrong about anything, and he doesnt normally state anything without good reason. Anyone else had experience with these filters? Apparently oild filters are ok in WA, not sure how reliable the info is though.

thanks for the help

Evil

BTW since this original post. I have had a HKS panel filter - Wouldnt really recomend it, not great filtration, and i now use the pipercross filter, much better design 3 different foam elements, plus comes with an oil/pressurised can of spray (not 100% sure what it does, i assume its an oil) which i apply after washing the filter every 2000kms.

Edited by EvilINGT