SAU Community

From where I come from(East Malaysia), the A31 is the only car that is still readily available.Hardly if not never, heard of the 260RS..hehehe... Furthermore, I know most of you dudes here use the A31 for drifting but I'd like a sleeper with an RB26 and 4WD in it(straight line beast). As for the 4WD system, I think I'd forget about all the wiring hassle and opt for the Veilside or APEXi torque split controller...unsure how much they cost though.

Speaking about cost, I can keep the labour rates low as I deal with many workshops almost everyday who can give me good deals.Furthermore, I do have my own mini workshop at my backyard(my dad's also an enthusiast).

If I see a huge possibility of converting the A31 into an RB26DETT/4WD beast, I'll set aside some $$ for it to happen sometime soon. What's holding me back is the modifications to the chassis that is needed to fit the gearbox/ATTESSA system(wider) as well as the front suspension and front subframe/crossmember to clear the moving parts..

FYI, the A31's price over here stays at around AUD 15k. How much is it over there?

from what ive seen its possible based on the one i seen for sale not long ago... had RB26 engine, box and 4WD system... i just dont know how hard it is to do.

so if u do end up doing it... take lots and lots of pics as u progress and keep us informed ;)

hehe I'm supposed to be in malaysia right now holidayin in KL... anyways... the cefiros in KL are all the RB24S carby versions arent they? I think I saw a few N/A RB20 ones but most of the souped up ones had 1JZ's in them. The Malay ceffies are a bit different to the Jap ones in that the brakes and suspension are a lil different.

An A31 landed and registered in australia can cost anywhere between 12kish for a good clean stock or mildly modified automatic (like the one my dad drives), about 9k for a used and abused drift pig, or a purposely built full tuning house car like inark RB26 ceffy (built by Ken Works as a drift "practice car") will cost you in excess of 16k without compliance and registration which should tip it at about 20k all up.

Mate, you're in KL(West Malaysia)?

Actually there are two types of cefiro's available here, the shitty locally assembled ones and the japanese imports..hence the difference you saw.

Many cefiros in KL are fitted with the 1JZ-GTE engine as they are easy and cheap to get .. and basically straight forward unlike an RB26 where you need to get an RB25 or VG30 box to drive the car.

A friend told me there's an NA31 in KL. He was hanging out at some friend's workshop when he saw a cefiro up the hoist...went underneath it and saw driveshafts at the front.Sadly the car is not for sale...