SAU Community

Wrecked... Again.

azron

I was there 5 minutes not even after it happened, police had only just started to direct traffic.

Took me a good 4-5 minutes to figure out what sort of car it was. Was utterly FKD, and I use to own a R32!

Tough times for all the familys involved.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every dark cloud has a silver linning. In this case I think it will be p1ssing down on use for a long time.

Cant wait to get pulled up at every set of lights.

That's a nice selfish attitude you have there.

RIP these poor people, no matter how wrong they were doing.

Selfish?

This is happening every week or so. It could have been my wife and kids this guy killed.

I’m sick of wishing the family’s of these people condolence’s over the behaviour of a few morons who think that the rules do not apply to them.

Condolence’s to the family’s. Just because he was driving a Skyline doesn’t make him my brother. I used to think it did.

I followed that 'Line on my way to work yesterday morning.

The media reports are conflicting, though this doesn't alter the fact that two people are dead. My condolences to the families - and to genuine car enthusiasts.

The media and the NSW government have listed turbo-charged, super-charged or V8 cars as needing to be being made 'unavailable' for 'P' platers.

So does this mean that a 187kw Falcodore is OK - standard RB25DET = same kw, no V8s, might go buy a V12, they arn't on the list. Mmmmm BMW M3, no turbo/supercharger/V8 - should be OK, Honda S2000 - 4 cylinder, should be OK and only 180KW +. Might whack a supercharger on the Excel - or are aftermarket parts going to be banned also?

Fact is, that many recent much publised accidents involving hi-po vehicles did not involve the owner of the vehicle - the vehicles will still be out there and available to unauthorised drivers regardless of vehicle owners age.

From my experience, owners of these so called performance cars are generally 'enthusiasts' who are often members of clubs such as ours and have a passion for their vehicles. These enthusiasts face high insurance premiums and more often than not have spent considerable amounts of hard earned on their pride and joy and have no conscious desire to harm their vehicle, their passengers or their fellow road users.

The media make less ado about the fact that there was also a fatality on the M4 last night. 41 year old driving a Laser - can't blame it on 'P' plates - can't blame it on turbocharged/supercharged/V8 (unless the Laser was a sleeper) - must have been the road. Maybe the media should push the Government to ban motorways. Wouldn't it be great to see some accurate statistics on accidents and put some focus on the real causes.

There is never only one factor/event that causes an incident, it is always a combination of things. There are tools/processes in use to analyse these type of incidents - we need to know the real contributing factors. Only then can some positive controls can be put in place to lessen the likelyhood of future similar incidents. They will always happen and they will always have catostrophic consequences.

I expect that the results of the analysis of the contributing factors to all these tradgedies are made available not just to Government departments and motoring associations but to the motoring public.

I would also expect the media to report them acurately.

For mine - a 3 million kilowatt car presents no risk - till someone attempts to drive it and take on the associated risks.

I can't say that we don't drive - I can say we should consider all the risks, including those to our passengers and other road users and do everything we possibly can to negate them.

:werd: Free bump. FFS Listen!

This is not meant to be offencive to the guy that was driving but FFS after everything that has happened in the past 1-2months, he should have thought and re-thought what he was about to do.

I want everyone who is tempted to drive like a dick in the future to remember this thread, when your at a set of lights and some tool next to you is egging you on, it takes more a man and a better person to ignore them.

If your going to drive like a dick and you have no self control and feel the need to prove yourself.... DO IT BY YOURSELF!

I getting more sick and tired of hearing that there are passengers in the car when they crash.... so in this instence, my thoughts go out to the female who innocently passed away and the injured man in hospital.... as for the driver, you paid the ultimate price Im sorry to hear that.

This may seem harsh to some people ....... I don't care, I have had it.

Selfish?

This is happening every week or so. It could have been my wife and kids this guy killed.

I’m sick of wishing the family’s of these people condolence’s over the behaviour of a few morons who think that the rules do not apply to them.

Condolence’s to the family’s. Just because he was driving a Skyline doesn’t make him my brother. I used to think it did.

as sad as this is i can only agree with R33vit

this also brings up all these posts on these forums about people saying 'i dragged an ss and smoked him blah blah." People like that should piss off or be banned. This is really frustrating as all these deaths involvong excessive speeds can all be avoided so easily and all these people who get away with it need to wake up and realise that one day their luck might run out and their might not be a tomorrow for them, or for thier passenger(s), or, for other drivers or pedistrians.

I can tell you that restricting P platers is only the begining when it comes to crashes like this. Our government (local/State/Federal) are very well known for knee jerk reactions. Expect cops to pull over ALL skylines with P plates and give you a rectal exam, while slapping a phonebook of defects all over your cars.

The politicians and lobiests will be screeming for the cops to react and THEY WILL. Then they will come back to the pollies and say we busted xxx skyline P platers and got $xxxxxx in fines....that will teach them....yeah right

:flamed: If you own a Skyline and are on your P's, expect the next 3 months to be your worst nightmare.

/rant on

The problem with the way the idiot pollies and groups with agenders relating to road safety is, they will always take the easy option and appear to be doing something to solve the problem.

They say its young drivers, etc causing the crashes and deaths on our roads, now while this may be true on paper the problem is not just young drivers.

Why do the pollies put power restrictions, curfews and advance driver training ???

Beacuse it is easy and will keep the general population happy that they are doing something.

They can say that "3000 young drivers have completed their advanced driver training", all I can say to that is BIG F'ken DEAL.

The problem needs to be addressed from all levels of drivers.

Make everyone complete an advanced driver test, a standard drivers teast (same as P's), Eyesight test and a road rules knowlage test in the next 5 years or loose your license until you do. I would bet 50% of people would fail at their first attempt, because they a useless complacient dumb fcuks. Maybe after they redo their licenses again they may start to realise that just because they have had a license for the past 20+ years does not make them a good driver, and they learn there is more to driving than pushing pedals and moving a wheel and looking at what is 10ft in front of their car.

/Rant over

I do not have any respect for drivers that take their lives and their loved ones lives into their hands in a fast car with ego 1000x their driving ability.

I feel very sorry for the families that are left to pick up the pieces 4 days from christmas

I have jumped from a moving car before...
*visaulizes flannel and ugg boot wearing 'Shazza' doing commando roll, while car dissapears in the distance*

Sorry... but that made me crack up :(

Advanced driving and eye tests etc go part of the way to solving the problem. Mal is right in that the pollies always take the easy way out.

I think the basic , underlying problem is that these idiots that insist on performing imbysilic (sp) behaviour on the strees HAVE NO RESPECT FOR HUMAN LIFE - either theirs or others.

Until these morons grow up and get a bit of maturity into them, the G'ment would need to Phsyc test all P platers - which is obviously not a viable option.

Or - ban driving completely until you turn 30 ?

Or ban driving until you are married with kids and you have more respect for human life.

OK - well I'm getting a little carried away here.

Message to all you P platers out there - It is not cool to speed on the streets - Go tell all your mates that. Get them to join the club and they can go speeding at Eastern Creek ot WSID.

FFS - What does it take to prevent these stupid deaths....... You know the easy answer to that ??

" A LITTLE COMMON SENSE "

Selfish?

:werd:

And condolences to the emergency services personnel who are continually confronted by the ultimate results of these peoples' actions and lack of common sense. :(

More bad news for skyline owners in general. The loss of life is always a terrible thing.

There is one thing that cant be fixed in my point of view, young people do stupid things! They have fights, they under age drink, they have unprotected sex, they try drugs and they do stupid things in cars! I know I did all of the above when I was under 20 and I dont think there will ever be a course or an action plan to put wise heads on young shoulders.

Good luck to anyone who thinks they know how to fix it!

aren't they planning on banning P=platers from wsid though?!?!?!
A far better idea in my opinion would be to subsidise their attendance to WSID and Track days. Let them "take it off the street" or even force them to go to the track if the apply to by a performance vehicle at least once, if not every 3 months. (Wish I was forced to go to a race track every 3 months :()

I have one more thing to add to this...

This IS going to seem contradictive as it was a Skyline that is being discussed in this thread but I thought I would put it out there anyway...

I sometimes visit another performace site www.nissansilvia.com as I used to own a Silvia before my Skyline and I still like them as a car, so like to keep informed on them.

One thing that has come to my attention there is a section called Brags, stories and times. Now I have no problem with people bragging about their track experiences and quarter mile times, however, I don't think it is right to brag about street racing... a couple of examples:

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.p...showtopic=66982

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.p...showtopic=63204

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.p...showtopic=68128

To me this kind of forum area promotes street racing, it gives people the oppurtunity to go on there and brag about something they did that was stupid on the roads.

As I mentioned above, I realise that this was a Skyline and not a silvia, however, this is a wake up call for everyone who drives Performance vehicles.

So if a mod from Nissansilvia reads this I would have the upmost respect for you if either you get rid of this section or it is monitored so that only track/quarter times are posted.

This is not going to reduce the road toll I realise this, however, babysteps do make a difference.

What do you guys think?

PS. I am not saying that the above mentioned forum is bad, in fact it is a great site for Silvia owners, just using it as an example.

A far better idea in my opinion would be to subsidise their attendance to WSID and Track days. Let them "take it off the street" or even force them to go to the track if the apply to by a performance vehicle at least once, if not every 3 months. (Wish I was forced to go to a race track every 3 months :()

forcing them to take it to a track is a great idea!!! at least they can speed to their hearts content... at the same time though... its not going to stop the challenges and spur of the moment drags on the roads...