SAU Community

Speed cameras?? Robin Hood to the rescue!!!

JAPCAB

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RedLineGTR

hahah.... i rekon we should get some stickers made up...while the guy is sitting in the car sneak up and stick it on the rear bumper in big letters " I HAVE A SPEED CAMERA SLOW DOWN" or something like that...they might even drive off without knowing :P

it is actually illegal to warn people about the cameras....

anyhow, as its all privatised they get a cut of every fine they get, or the company does or something similar, and bonuses' are paid.. there was an outcry, then everybody forgot about it nice and quickly.

its a corrupt system and a bankrupt state.. bracks I love you..

There's a fixed speed camera on centre road in Clayton and i swear, bracks spends more money fixing it than he gets from revenues. At least once a fortnight some nice streethood gangs spary paint over the lens and flash with silver spray paint, even after its fixed (it gets fixed very quickly :| ) you can still see the outline of paint... not to mention the number of times its been smashed.

I dont know how it can be illegal to advise people there is a speed camera ahead because radio stations broadcast a pretty accurate location of the speed cameras anyway.

Would be good to sit on the side off the road with a Speed camera ahead sign, a chair and a slab of beer!

I think the crime is called Perverting the Course of Justice in regards to flashing lights or otherwise warning people of a speed camera.

I dont know if the radio even broadcasts about speed cameras anymore. I havent heard it on the fox in a while.

Thumbs up though :(

Adam

nova 100 advertises locations of speed cameras, i rang one in this morning :( Even if it is illegal (which i dont think it is, beacuse they place signs up about fixed speed cameras notifying the motorist of a camera) i'd still do it anyway because there is no way they can do anything to you - your just a bystander on the side of the road with a sign, they cant touch you...and if they did it would be great fun because you would get an excuse to punch their fkn lights out! hehe.

The cops also hate them because the cops also get fined by these guys! I was talking to a cop and he goes they get fined the same way that we do unless they can provide a valid reason.

If you want to post signs warning motorists that's up to you, if you're unhappy with Speed Camera policy tell your MP about it, but don't give the operators grief they're just doing their jobs.

Funniest thing i seen in my life was this old wog guy haha i went for a walk with my missus one afternoon..and this guy.. he must have ran the camera .... cause the guy pulled over in his XF.. walked up to the box ... and started kicking the shit out of the camera.. spat at it.. and walked back to his car yelling some sort of abuse... he must have been atleast 60-65 years old..lol

i couldnt walk after that.. i had to sit down for atleast 10 minutes... i was crying from laughter

If you want to post signs warning motorists that's up to you, if you're unhappy with Speed Camera policy tell your MP about it, but don't give the operators grief they're just doing their jobs.

i agree that abusing or giving them greif isnt going to do anything but neither is ur local MP... im sorry but a local pleb isnt going to be able to do shit when things like this earn the government so much money... just keep puting up signs :(

Funniest thing i seen in my life was this old wog guy haha i went for a walk with my missus one afternoon..and this guy.. he must have ran the camera ....  cause the guy pulled over in his XF.. walked up to the box ... and started kicking the shit out of the camera.. spat at it.. and walked back to his car yelling some sort of abuse... he must have been atleast 60-65 years old..lol

i couldnt walk after that.. i had to sit down for atleast 10 minutes... i was crying from laughter

The box is actually the flash, the camera's in the car on the passenger side dash, and they cop it a fair bit.

i agree that abusing or giving them greif isnt going to do anything but neither is ur local MP... im sorry but a local pleb isnt going to be able to do shit when things like this earn the government so much money... just keep puting up signs :(

True about the MP, then vote Bracks out (doubt much will change tho), or why not write a letter to the editor of like everyone else! ;)

I don't have that much trouble spotting mobiles because i'm on "heightened alert" when I'm bending the rules :(. I don't HABITUALLY speed.

As for the fixed intersections ones, they all have "Speed Camera in Area" signs up at all 4 approaches (even though they only cover one), not to mention speeding through intersections is approaching suicidal with the number of dicks who run reds.

And everyone knows the tunnels are full of them so it amazes me anyone is stupid enough to get caught there.

So on the balance it's not that hard to have a little "fun" and avoid a fine the only ones that worry me are cops with lasers.

My brothers mates were walking past a speed camera car and came up with a BRILLIANT idea to sneek up and pinch the guys rear number plate... Hahaha Speed camera guys as the devil.... Just fark off

ive heard that story heaps about ppls m8's who have done it, i think that they'd notice u if u removed it, i think they'd be able to hear u from it inside the car

Heath: that was a story from a UK newspaper years ago, I think your mate is pulling your leg

As for it being illegal to put signs up/warn people of the speed camera, i can't see how it could be...

As for abusing the speed camera operator, theres no need to do that, just warning people of a speed camera... thats not abuse