SAU Community

Speed cameras?? Robin Hood to the rescue!!!

JAPCAB

If all they really want to do is slow people down and not generate revenue then surely it cant be illegal to warn others of the position of speed cameras because all you are doing is saving lives

i like ur thinkin!!

this thread is gold. The only ones i see around are on the freeway so far away from home cbf.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Around my area (Warrandyte South/Ringwood/Croydon Hills/Chirnside Park) there is a off-duty policeman that parks in multiple places around our area in a Holden Ute ( used to be red now its white) - someone said there just citizens, but thats not the case all the time!

I got done 12am saturday morning 63 in a 60 zone..............................

brilliant! very funny thread...

I miss the good old days when the cameras were those big blue boxes 10 metres out in front of the car and it was sooo easy to spot them... everyone would be flashing their lights ets... those sneaky dash mounted ones are bloody hard to spot if they are parked on the same side of the road as your driving...

not a bad idea ronin..

re: the legality of warning people - they might try and pull some you're not allowed to advertise / post signs if you do not have something from the council to say you are allowed ? dont know if they could exactly fine you for it though

brilliant! very funny thread...

I miss the good old days when the cameras were those big blue boxes 10 metres out in front of the car and it was sooo easy to spot them... everyone would be flashing their lights ets... those sneaky dash mounted ones are bloody hard to spot if they are parked on the same side of the road as your driving...

They're still blue, theyr'e still big (about the size of 2 large shoe boxes on top of each other), they're still deployed a few metres in front of the car (they toyed with nudge-bar mounted flashes but they were scrapped) and they're still FLASH UNITS, not cameras!

But, it isn't always used nowadays, if the light level is good why stick a flash out there?

Other than the tripod mount, which is almost never used, the camera has always been in the car and on the dash.

The company that runs the speed cameras is a private company, but must have the equipment pass stringent tests regularly *B ullshit!*

They're contractors to the government that's why they get revenue from who they catch

effectively a renta-mob

ive done the exact same thing before...

on nepean highway in aspendale.. and it was a magna aswell!!!!

it was probably about a year ago, on a satday afternoon and me and a mate saw him, so we went home and painted in big red letters 'speed camera ahead' on a piece of cement sheeting, then we snuck up and leant it on the car parked behind the magna...

then we sat up the street and watched the brake lights of the all passing cars go on!!!!

we were laughing for ages... im sooo glad i did it...