SAU Community

R32 GTR speedo not working

[WLDCRD]

hey all,

got a question. what could make the speedo and odometer only stop from working. All other dash stuff works. It also shows on my AVCR that my speed is zero. It hasnt played up before now but on Sat it just stopped woprking when i jumped in to start it. Some people have said its the speed sensor thats on the back of the transmission and others say the problem lies in the back of the dash itself. anyone else had this problem? thanks

glenn

I had a similar problem... I don't know how the avcr works but I fixed it by removing the whole speedo cluster... on the back of the speedo there's a small white plastic thing(looks like a match... I just pushed it back into the speedo then it was ok... hope yours is that simple... good luck

If you still had hicas you would have noticed a big difference in that too.

Mine died a couple of days back too, same thing. Problem is that the little square drive isn't supposed to come out of the cable so it's likely it'll die again soon.

Mine fell out again today, luckily i picked up a s/h speedo cable on christmas eve that'll be going in tomorrow.

Yep, that'd do it.

Mine starts off light then after about 3 minutes it goes heavy as ****, then after another couple of minutes it gets the hicas light come on.

If the speedo works then it shouldn't be the hicas unless it has another issue