SAU Community

Mods

324door

I guess this soughta stuff is posted all the time, i did a search on the forums and couldnt find the desired info.

Im looking at upgrading to a FMIC and a GTR inlet manifold for my R32. Im finding very hard to get my hands on a GTR inlet manifold/plenum. ANyone got any suggestions and.or a rough price on the manifold/plenum?

Cheers!

Zoom, irrespective what you think of them, did tests on RB20 with the stock Vs. GTR inlet manifold and plenum, and the GTR item performed far WOSRE than the stocker.

When you've only got 2ltrs of swept volume having good tuned length inlet runners, to boost low down torque, is kinda important!

If you're trying to make piping simpler for your FMIC you're going to need to get a custom inlet made by someone who REALLY knows what they're doing! $$$

Just stick with front cross over pipe or bending under the intercooler option, i prefer the former, but the later is simpler to install and looks more stock.

Cheers guys much appreciated! I was under the impression that the GTR Inlet would make the cooler piping easier and reduce lag. But i love my torque and im not to keen on throwing a few grand in just for a custom plenum. If i was gonna make the car a total animal i would consider it, but thats the not the case.

My next and final question: Would this FMIC Kit be worth the cash?

http://www.horsepowerinabox.com/HPIAB2/category8_1.htm

Thanks!

I just got that exact kit, but for $995 as part of a christmas special on NissanSilvia forums, seems pretty good quality but be prepared to cut a hole in the side below your battery and butcher your stock bar to get it all to fit.

Mine was missing the promised templates but you can work it all out easy enough.

RIPS on sdu makes a very nice intake plenum/manifold for the rb20.

as far as the greddy bit even on greddy's japanese page there is no rb20 intake manifold listed.

Soon as they approve me i'll go have a sniff around the darkside... :)

Then you have a whole new set of issues to resolve, i personally really like the IDEA of Air-Water but, with pumps, pump control, reservoirs, heatsoak, and one cracking really scares the sh!t out of me!

so if you are changing your plenum, why would you buy an intercooler kit which supports you current setup. you mayswell buy a cooler and have the plumbing done separately as they will not match up!

dont know i suppose if you are not getting the plenum for while it would ok and you could modify plumbing later?

dunno!