SAU Community

Vq30det

gaki

Just want to know what's everyone opinion on engine swap from RB25DE Neo to VQ30DET Neo? Do you think that will fit (since this is the engine that they are running on JGTC Skylines - except for the fact that it is VQ30DETT)?

VQ30DET Neo is in use on Nissan Gloria, and Cima.

SPEC:

VQ30DET NEO

・Power:206kW (280PS)/6000rpm

・Torque:387N・m (39.5kgm)/3600rpm

Of course the 206kw power figure might not be true, since it's Japanese limitation.

How much does RB30DE puts out?

One good reason to go with the VQ30DET is the configuration. Being a V6, it willl distribute the balance toward the firewall better. I don't know about side ways though. It seems there isn't too much space in the ER34 enginebay.

The daunting thing is that there aren't much aftermarket supports (i.e. ECU, Cams, etc.) that I can find regarding this engine.

I looked at doing this swap, 3 things put me off it.

1) You will have to adapt a gearbox to suit or pick up a box off a 350z or v35 skyline and a custom tailshaft. That shit is worth close to 8k on it's own. Then you have to sort a clutch for it.

2) Bugger all aftermarket for them atm and i think there are some major differences between the early VQ30 in the cimas and the later one supposedly going in the GTR so any aftermarket support will be limited even in a few years.

3) I'm ****ed if i could find any wiring info or pin outs on the VQ30. And that is what breaks it for me because if i can't find that, i cant get it running.

I did mean the VG30DET, but the VG30DETT with a set of custom manifolds or possibly a set of VG30DET manifolds leading to a single front-mounted turbo would work as well. I think.

If there is no room for the wide twin-cam heads you could also use a VG30ET. Bit of a step sideways though. But still a very good engine.

Nissan

Cedric

1995 1996 1997 1999 2000 2001

Cima

1996 1997 1998 2001 2002

Gloria

1995 1996 1997 1999 2000 2001

Leopard

1996 1997

According to http://english.auto.vl.ru all of those had VQ30DET (don't think all were Neos) but all i've found so far are models with AT or CVT no MT as yet.

Edit:

That site shows '99+ Cedrics had the NEO too so there's another source for you.

At a guess I'd say, YES, but there's been a few 300ZX's with RB26DETT conversions which even though they're VG30DETT's might give you some clues. But, I think you're entering uncharted terittory (other than JGTC teams).