SAU Community

K's Garage/Rezz's Photo Diary down for good?

Rezz

Due to an oversight by one of my family members, my site, webspace and therefore Photo Diary are down.

To all the people who got some enjoyment out of the Photo Diary, I'm sorry but it may not come back, and even if I can sort out new webspace/hosting, it'll take a gargantuan effort to get things back the way they were... but I probably can sort out w00w Port City SuperAB show and '04 Nismo Festival if I get time over the New Years break.

In other news, my 'Race Queen' friend is getting married and moving to Buffalo in the USA so there goes that connection, but Ikeri from SuperAB 171 (good luck at the 'Kinki Kids' concert today mate ;)) may know some promo girls... who knows ;)

As you may already know, Troy aka Evo_Lee is heading back to AU then Taiwan for work so I won't be seeing him for quite a while and I think we've seen the last of the 'carpark mechanics' posts, not to mention his very cool Evo 5. Good luck Troy and I hope to see you in Taiwan in the new year :D

I'll try my best to report on some events in the Kansai region in the new year, but this time I won't make any promises... whatever happens happens.

From me to all the Japan forum regulars... Happy New Year!

The Photo Diary is fine... turns out that banwidth was exceeded for December, it's back online now.

Rezz, I can host your site for free with 24/7 ftp access etc with no bandwith limits, let me know if you want it. I don't mind the hassles involved, as long as the pics n info is available constantly.

Happy New Year mate, n have fun at the Automesse :cheers:

Cheers Shan, sounds like a good plan. But if you host everything, I'll have to change all the web addresses of all the pics I've posted in the Photo Diary... total nightmare.

don't they link to a domain name that you own? (k's garage or whatever its called?) if they do, then you can replicate the directory structure on the server and just transfer the domain name to point to the new server... end result, seamless transition.

I might be able to use the admin features of vbulletin to do a mass search n replace in your posts.

Justin

A happy new year to you! Are you busy? I'm so busy.

If you can get a few time,also me,let's go to dinner with us.But basicly your holiday is only Sunday right?

Recently,I'm boring.because Troy doesn't visit to autobacs.

Cheers!

Ikeda

Hi Ikeri :) Happy New Year!

This week is my New Year holiday so I'm just staying at home playing GT4 hahaha :D Are you working tomorrow?

Usually Saturday afternoon and Sunday are my days off, so I can come and see you at Autobacs then...

Yeah, lets have dinner this weekend? My friend Anthony is here in Osaka right now so I'll introduce you to him, ok?

Justin

good for you! too long holiday! There is nothing a new year holiday for me so keep working from last year.

Please give me a break!!

hahahaha I got GT4 also at 28th Dec,but still can't so much do it. I get only B lisence.

Maybe It's better at Sora(my son) than me.Because I haven't won him in Suzuka.

Yes I'm working tomorrow but start at 4PM.

I can't have time at this weekend.How is it next weekend/Saturday night?

Is Anthony still stay in Osaka?

Ikeda

[Registrant] Karow Justin

[Name Server] ns1.worldaxxs.net

[Name Server] ns2.worldaxxs.net

Hey rezzeh, back at the office now after holidays, so I can fix up that hosting n stuff. Did a quick whois search on your domain and all admin emails go to [email protected]. I need to know how you registered the domain (what website you used if possible) and also if you have access to change the nameserver details.

Basically the way it works is:

when someone types in ksgarage.jp, it goes to the nameserver specified, and the nameserver points to your host. So to host the website on our host, then you gotta change the nameserver to our one, and you're done.

Also you'll need to zip up the entire contents of the old website and transfer it to the new server once the domain has transferred.

Email me ([email protected]) and I'll explain things a lil better if I can.

Hi Ikeda,

I am in Osaka right now. I arrived here on the 3rd but I am only staying till the 14th before heading to Tokyo for the Autosalon before flying home.

Justin,

Give me a call or leave me a message at the Hilton Room 1517 with a no. where I can contact you. I am going to meet up with one of my teammate tomorrow and probably head to Kyoto and Kobe to do some sightseeing. If you want to contact me tomorrow, please call 090 2597 4625 so we can organise something for Sunday.

Mate, replied to your PF PM... Happy New Year to you mate!

As an update, yes I'm now working in Taiwan commissioining the new Taiwan Shinkansen supplied by a Japanese consortium. Today is my 2nd day here, and I'm bored as shit but it's still early days. But considering most of the cars are shit and they are LHD I don't think I will be buying a car here, though did see a 2dr GC8 STi today...look cheap enough or may just import a GT-R and drive it ONLY at night with VERY dark tints :)...like what others do here when they import a RHD car. As you can't drive a RHD car here from what I have heard and the fines are very heavy.

But trying to understand their road rules would be a challenge in itself. They don't follow any road rules!!!! Worst than what I experienced in India, one could easily get run over here, why..."cause cars even drive down the opposite direction of a one way street right in front of a cop station!"

I'm currently based in Tainan, in the countryside where the largest depot is located about 300km South of Taipei. Will be here for about a month testin the overhead power lines then moving back to Taipei where I'll be based and working out from.

As you may already know, Troy aka Evo_Lee is heading back to AU then Taiwan for work so I won't be seeing him for quite a while and I think we've seen the last of the 'carpark mechanics' posts, not to mention his very cool Evo 5. Good luck Troy and I hope to see you in Taiwan in the new year :D

I'll try my best to report on some events in the Kansai region in the new year, but this time I won't make any promises... whatever happens happens.

From me to all the Japan forum regulars... Happy New Year!

Good to hear from you mate! My plans have changed somewhat since I spoke to you last... anyways I'll get back to you on PF.