SAU Community

GT4 release tomorrow!!! In Japan woohoo

Rezz

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made some of my own pics using the 'Photo Travel' feature... suprisingly it's very involved and is quite usable. Check out some of my lame efforts:

IMG0000.JPG

IMG0004.JPG

IMG0006.JPG

IMG0008.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Ok a new SCEE press release has been made about Europe and Australian versions of GT4, this release has been given to insiders at the moment and will become public soon.

Some info about the Optimization of GT4 for the PAL version:

List of the 12 extra cars that have been added....

MAZDA 2005 MX-Crossport

Mitsubishi 2005 New Eclipse

Volkswagen 2004 Golf R32(winner car of SEMA show 2005 - tuning car)

AUDI 2003 Nuvolari quattro

AUDI 2003 Pikes Peak quattro

Chrysler 2005 300C

Alfa Romeo 2004 Alfa GT

Auto Union 1937 V16 Type C Streamliner

Chaparral 1967 2D

Chaparral 1970 2J

JAGUAR 1988 XJR9

Peugeot 1992 905B Evo 1 Bis LM

The game is optimised for PAL because it is full speed, full screen with the high refresh rate of a PAL TV at 50hz but with the maximum number of lines and resolution that a PAL TV supports.

An NTSC screen is 240 lines so the image is lower quality. A PAL screen is 256 lines, so the cars and tracks look better.

Because the game is optimised for PAL - it is 50 frames per second and 256 lines in full PAL resolution.

It does not need a 50/60 switch because the PAL version is optimised to work in PAL.

A 50/60 switch is normally put in when the PAL version is non-optimised.

The whole physics engine and crucially the speed of the cars - is rebuilt for PAL so that all together the PAL version will be the highest quality version of the game.

Extra Features for PAL:

- 2 player split-screen VS play using own memory cards, players' own garage ()

- When making a pit-stop you can now change from A Spec to B Spec or the opposite. ()

- Jack Knife Lee remix of Kasabian "Reason is Treason" has been remixed into Dolby 5.1 and used in a recut intro movie, which still features the Opera music opening sequence.

- Icons have been added such as "next licence test" to make navigation easier

- The map of GTWorld has been modified to make European cars easier to find.

- Ability to import data from GT4: Prologue - instantly clear first two licence test catgories / GT3 import a maximum of 100,000 credits (credits changed to Euro system)

- European units of measurement for power, speed and torque (MPH, KMH, BHP, PS etc)

- Additional artwork for opening up courses and stylistic enhancements throughout

- Replays now show car name/ BHP figure/ tyre setup (amar212s' comment: I see this as a great way to find out opponent's HP in races of certain championship, just by looking the "race preview" video. Great addition.)

- European music tracks set as default , but all others from American or Japanese version of the game are available.

- Vauxhall included as seperate manufacturer with 2 dream race cars

- 12 Extra cars added as listed above.

-Also in the previous press release Front spoilers were mentioned.

This is all thanks to a great very reliable amar212 of www.GTPlanet.net

Go here for even more info http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53872

So all you people that bought the Japanese/asian version... buy it again :D

- Ability to import data from GT4: Prologue - instantly clear first two licence test catgories / GT3 import a maximum of 100,000 credits

You can do that with the Japanese version...

Auto Union 1937 V16 Type C Streamliner!!! crazy old GRand Prix cars. Tell me there is a Mercedes W154 to race with it.

Chaparral 1970 2J... never shought I'd see that on a game

JAGUAR 1988 XJR9

Can-am cars, carbon 1-offs, goddamn I gotsta get this game.