SAU Community

skyla

For your infomation

there is After market ECU for Non turbo RB25DE (neo or not)

BLITZ Access computer...

cheers

Joe

oopps sorry, My R33GTS4 had one of these, I dotn know exactly where to get them, but I tell you

they improved my fuel efficiency and Power managements of the car very well.

I have lost the link of the BLITZ ACCESS site... but I am sure you guys can search one out. they are definately made from BLITZ.

cheers

Joe

step 1: hook up a SAFC or similar, i am not running on of these but i heard they are good. the standard ecu runs very lean down low at wot afr 15.4:1 on mine and works its way to about 11.1:1 at close to redline.. so gains can be made everywhere by aiming fore somewhere around the 13.5:1 mark

step 2: if you are feeling a bit shonky wind more timing into it by rotating your sensor on the front of your cam cover. i did so using a timing light. gave it an extra 5 deg. worked a charm.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my car back from getting it's New link ECU installed and dyno tuned today.

Results were pretty much as expected, Got a gain of 7 rwkw and 21Nm of torque.

Air/ fuel ratios are at 13:1 and injectors are at 58% of there duty cycle.

Peak torque is at 4750rpm and max power is at 5500rpm.

I'm a bit concerned with the power hitting it's peak so early in it's rev range and starting drop off quite quickly by 6000rpm. Any idea's on a way that I can get it to hold it's power for a bit longer? Cams??

What about a unichip? i've heard they do good things for a turbo, what should i look for with a unichip or some sort of piggy back to get some gains..?

Can anyone speak from experience, or recommend any sorts of ecu systems that'll help??

A mate of mine had a UNICHIP on his WRX and had nothing but problems with it, recently they ditched the unichip and just went for the fullhouse MOTEC set up which has improved the car out of site. He's now going through the process of getting the car fully engineered with the MOTEC (including an emmissions test).