SAU Community

Full respray + body kit

Gascan

2-3 k respray is very possible. Most workshops have quoted me 2.5k and I've seen their past work.

I wont be spending 10k on a respray unless i'm going to park the car in the garage and not drive it. There's no point in doing a 10k respray driving on the freeway everyday and getting stone chips. I'd rather spend 2.5k on a respray and the rest on some wheels and performance.

I didn't ask you to recommend me to go to tafe to spray the car myself.

If you dont have a proper suggestion then dont bother posting at all.  

I already have a university degree so you can get ******

Thats the pot calling the kettle black, Funny how most tradesmen go through TAFE to only "supplement" their learning, yet the knob with a degree, has to call on these lesser mortals to do a Professional job on his car.

The way it works around most places is, you get respect through your quality of work, not through the pieces of paper that you have framed sitting on the wall.

Cheers

Sumo

well other subjetcs aside .. regardless of how funny they are!!!

i did my spray for $1600 .. however i did all the work of preparation myself. this was 1.5 years ago and havent had any problems with cracking or peeling or fading!

half of that cost was in the booth and spraypainter .. the other half was in paint.

if you have time and an alternate form of transport you could do it your self.. if your not inclined that way do a shop around of who will just spray a car that is already prepped if you buy paint .. then find out who will prep a car and not paint it .. ppl may round off the price due to doing the complete spray!

in regards to the kit .. well put them on yourself and that wont add any cost .. plus you wont be spraying the old stuff so the wing and front bar isn't a consideration really (other than aftermarket front bars seem to use more paint)

good luck with the hunt!