SAU Community

Budget turbo upgrade for RB20

B0oStEr

What would be the best 2nd hand Nissan or suitable bolt-on turbo as an upgrade for a mild modded R32? eg FMIC, 3" turboback. Estimated power?

I want it to remain responsive.

What other options for $1000-$1500

I'm thinking of a late R34GTT turbo if anyone has one but I'm open to other suggestions.

hybrid T3/T4e bolt on to R32 its new and is pretty responsive

$950 @turbo aust

What would be the best 2nd hand Nissan or suitable bolt-on turbo as an upgrade for a mild modded R32? eg FMIC, 3" turboback. Estimated power?  

I want it to remain responsive.

What other options for $1000-$1500

I'm thinking of a late R34GTT turbo if anyone has one but I'm open to other suggestions.

How expensive would it be to build a hybrid turbo from the original turbo, obviously using different compressor and exhaust turbine wheels? Would it be a bad idea to use the original housing?

I've been told late R34 GTT turbos have a steel turbine wheel instead of ceramic and are the pick of the OEM Nissan turbos for the R32.

1332turbo01-med.jpg

thats an R33 and looks like steel to me.. just grab an s1.. they're much easier & cheaper to find than R34 turbos..

Otherwise you may be able to get a 2nd hand high-flow for the price you are looking... good for well over 200rwkw..

1332turbo01-med.jpg

thats an R33 and looks like steel to me.. just grab an s1.. they're much easier & cheaper to find than R34 turbos....  

Only problem is the picture shown is the compressor, not the turbine. Turbine is the exhaust wheel, hence when they are ceramic they can fall off and end up in the exhaust/cat

LOL os turbo parts LOLOLOL chinese made garrett copys.. you 'get' wat you pay for with them.... i know many people that have had heaps of problems with turbos from him :)

including 2 TO4e's that shit themselfs after bolting on and not even goin hitting any boost..