SAU Community

R33 vs R32 caliper difference

but that's the thing... i NEED THE SMALLER ROTORS :D

The rotors you have can be easily machined down to the correct diameter. I know someone that could do it cheaply, but he's in Sydney on holidays at the moment. Heck, I'd do it myself but I'm not back at work for a couple of weeks.

but that's the thing... i NEED THE SMALLER ROTORS :D

Either way you need R33 calipers or smaller R32 rotors:(

Since the calipers go for the same money id sell the calipers and use the larger R33 rotors that you have already drilled/modified to 4 bolt with the suitable R33 caliper...check the for sale thread, plebty of wrecked R33 to strip bits off. Post the R32 cqalipers on Silvia or Performance forums and see how you go.:)

Going price for rb20 calipers is around $250 a pair. R33 maybe $50-100 more.

I'd be wary of machining down a disc made for one diameter to another - due to the lattice construction - its not simply just one solid chunk of metal. Wouldn't want them shattering at 150km/hr braking. But it may be possible I guess.

Going price for rb20 calipers is around $250 a pair. R33 maybe $50-100 more.

I'd be wary of machining down a disc made for one diameter to another - due to the lattice construction - its not simply just one solid chunk of metal. Wouldn't want them shattering at 150km/hr braking. But it may be possible I guess.

Gordo, don't sweat it mate, it's just a lump of cast iron with some vanes holding it together. Used to have to resize the rotors on the 1600 rally car all the time.