SAU Community

Melbourne? Whats with the EPA and the Police - discuss here

Starionturbo

Its simple. If you dont want to get canaried/EPA'd then keep your car legal. The cops can pull you over and they cant touch you. If you dont want to abide by the rules then please be prepared to happily bend over and recieve when the time comes when you get pulled over. At the end of the day the cops arent doing anything wrong, you are by having illegal mods.

*Applause* smiley32.gif

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had never been hasled by the Police in my HR31 untill a couple of months ago. I was on my way out to dinner with my girlfriend and got pulled over in St Kilda. He canaried me for three tryes. Yet, they were legal and I did'nt want to get into an argument with him, especially after he claimed that my 1990 HR31 was never produced with an RB20DET!

He also did me for the pod filter (with big intercooler). To be honest, I did'nt know it was'nt legal as I have had numerous police see it in the past.

I just depends on the mood of the officer who pulls you over. There are good police around that'll give you a chance. I hope the next one is.

look guys, the long and the short of it is that we are easy targets and they can quite easily make money off busting our asses unfortunately.

Another thing you have to remember is that the cops are the biggest mafia in this country, and theres no way we can overcome them.

The only real, and sensible course of action is to protest, to write petitions to the government, and let the f*cking douchebags know that when the election rolls around that they wont get our votes, thats right, we are all over 18 and we should use our democratic rights liberally.

Additionally, we need to start a lobby group for drivers of performance cars, so we can have some political muscle and so the politicians take us seriously, thats what we need to do

My 2 cents :soap:

"Additionally, we need to start a lobby group for drivers of performance cars, so we can have some political muscle and so the politicians take us seriously, thats what we need to do"

hmm yeah indeed we should.. im composing a letter to seven and 9 and 10. will see how it goes.. hmm prob ignore it but yeah..

u knw if we could realy get some of our own videos. i got some friends who are good editors and have done fair bit of brodcast vidoes.. might b able to go somewhere with it..

just a thought tho

with regards to cops defecting cars that have nothing wrong with them i.e Gr33dy with the S15, after you recieve the defect, ask the officer which station he belongs to and promptly go see his superior officer and explain the situation. If you just got booked like 15 mins ago and u rock up to the police station, there is no way you could of changed anything so your story will hold up. Its a totally different story trying to defend yourself a few days later when you could of changed parts etc.

I live in Knox, drive my car almost everyday, Driven past Officer Pettett and I have also been pulled over for a "loose exhaust". Never been done, never had any issues.

P platers with illegal cars get done, people who drive like fools get done and people who drive with illegaly modded cars (and flaunt it) gert done....simple.

bah i've had it with my skyline. Its an r33 gts-t, and it used to have a straight pipe exhaust (no cat or resonator). I got reemed leb style so many times it has come to the point where if i cant have my car the way i want it (with the loud exhaust/bov/boost controller etc) then i'm forced to sell it because i'll never settle driving it stock.  

I've had my skyline a year and in that time 7 canaries, 3 EPA, countless fines, loss of licence. Sure i had my fun but it came at a cost!

Firstly if you're driving around with a straight through exhaust then don't complain when you get done for it. Its road registered vehicle not a race car.

Secondly if you were doing stupid things on public roads and got done for it then wear it. No here condones dumb behaviour on public roads and when people complain about it.

honestly i am sick of the victorian police. never have i been so annoyed in my life. i have no respect for them after tonite. i was at work tonite and i was taking a delivery not far from my work. i took my hr31 skyline. which is 100% legal, exhaust isnt over the db limit. hasnt got a cannon muffler. isnt too low. there is no pod filter. (has airbox) no bov. every factory thing is working. i was heading down cheltenham road when i see a green ss. i culd tell it was a cop as it drove right over the centere grass strip to chase after me! i was not speeding nor doing anything stupid. he starts to folow me and i was just about to turn into the street to the delivery and he pulls me over. i was very anoyed as the delivery was going to be late at this stage. he comes up to me and i asked politely/ 'excuse may i ask why i was pulled over (as i saw alot of retars in commodores etc speeding down the same road) his reply 'YOUR A P PLATER I DONT LIKE P PLATERS' i go fair enough. he asks if i have a bov i replied no. he goes pop ur bonet he loks around and cant find anything,.he asks me where i work i said 'johnny boys pizza' he asks me how i can afford a car on my salary. i reply what has that got to do with you. he gets my licence and proceeds to check my licence and cars rego. he comes bak and says your car rego has been suspended. i reply asking how is that possible. he goes its a nissan skyline, this is a skyline its suspended. i go did u even check my actual rego or did u put a skyline. he replies 'DONT GO TELLING ME HOW TO DO MY JOB I AM NOT STUPID ETC ETC ' i reply ' i bet you checked for my other skyline (which was crashed and deregistered) he argued with me, he went back to check again, and guess what, he was referring to my other car. he continues to hassle me. and i end up cracking the shits and take off.

now honestly. the victorian cops have nothing better to do than hassle p platers. there are drug lords etc and other things they can do yet they hassle us? i have spent alot of time making sure that my car is 100% legal to the absolute fine details. i am getting fed up with all this and i am going to take action.

p.s sorry for the ranting just really pissed off time for sum beer :rofl:

wtf thats f**ken BS. So did he actually end up suspending your rego? or did he realise your mistake and take it back, well i guess not as you said your going to take some action. Damn straight take some action, that is totally f**ked and im sorry that you had to go through that.

talk about a power trip!! thing is with dudes on powertrips is that when they're actually wrong theyre too thick to even acknowledge that theyre wrong and become more arrogant because you have made them look stupid which is what they are anyways. i got pulled over for the first time a couple weeks back by one of those flashy blue/gold patrol cars and the officers were quite nice. good thing you just up it. should have told him why isnt he out pulling over smacked up junkies in there bombs instead of hard workin P platers earning an honest living. did you mange to get his officer number or liscence plates for complaint.

in this situation you should of asked which station the officer was from, got his name/bagde number and went and saw his superior officer as soon as possible and explained the situation. If everyone that gets treated like this did exactly this, i'm sure the officer will get a warning and will be more careful before pulling over his next car. If you are 100% in the right, and you dont do anything about it the cop will keep getting away with it. But if you aren't 100% right, say for instance your car got defected, but you were driving normally you dont have a leg to stand on.

there are ignorant people on either side of the fence... some are stupid, power tripping cops... (that 18 year old has a better car than me, lets pull him over and ream him!) and some are stupid, power tripping import drivers (listen to my BOV... I am so hard!)

so before getting all pissed off when you get pulled over, think about if you are actually in the wrong before you start being a smart ass... and if you aren't in the wrong and the cop is still being an asshole take his name and badge number and write a letter of complaint... don't just jump on the internet and whinge to other import drivers it is a waste of time!

oh and for the record Brack's is a stooge!!!

:(:):):):rofl:

I think a loud exhaust & BOV just shows your IQ level if you live in Melbourne.. either that or you like taking it up the arse alot.

Surely its also alot harder to pick up bimbo chicks ("Omg its like SOOO loud, I'm just like soooo horny right now!") when your car is off the road.. and sporting a nice yellow sticker on the windscreen.

Why advertise? You deserve a canary if you're that stupid. Got no sympathy for people who are asking for it.

Others that only mod their cars to prolong the life of their turbo/engine etc.. I don't agree with the heavy restrictions and frequent defects.. when they get rid of all the rustbuckets on the road then I couldn't say anything about it.. the law is the law, unless you get off your arse and try to change it (or get an eng cert), what can you do? I can't even legally put a plumback BOV on my 180 or a FMIC on the r32... I do get the shi*s frequently about such issues.

The cops don't make the rules anyway, they only enforce them. Some more than others, but you can't group them into one category although they ARE commodore drivers... there are good cops around. If you do get bullied by a cop however you should stand up for yourself and make a complaint, if its not resolved in your mind, you can always go higher up in the chain. It will do alot more than sitting on your arse in front of a monitor whinging to a bunch of people you don't know.

I know caus I've done my fair share.

~hellrazorette