FLUTTER sound as BOV

ATTN

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well guys, I have just removed the Pepsi can gasket from underneath my BOV. While it was blocked off I noticed that boost came on much harder and also faster in between gear changes. I tested this on stock boost with the factory solenoid controlled by the ECU and also with the solenoid grounded running straight 7psi. On both settings there were absolutely no idle/stalling issues. I only drove about 10KM as I do not want to find out how reliable this setup is.

It sounded fulleh sik but also made the car more responsive on boost and also quicker to get there.

Is there anyone else who has run their factory RB25 S2 turbo without a BOV for a lengthy period of time who can report on reliability?

Haha I used Coke :(

Yeah the turbo will be fine, even at 10psi or higher without a BOV there would be no damage. I think people start thinking stuff in there head and panic, when theres nothing to worry about.

Are you gonna keep the fully sick setup?

Yeah i have the stall problem sometimes, do you know what it is caused from?

Ive done about 1000km

:(

Edited by r32matt

we've both got R34 turboes, and yeh they're ceramic (come to think of it i think those s14's have steel wheeled turboes in them from stock)

(mind you he's making 30rwkw more than me)

Edited by 123456

lol!

Im guessing you havent read the last 14 pages :(

Putting some metal or a coke can under the BOV blocks it off from the intercooler pipe. Then you just block off the tube that runs from the manifold to the BOV and you will get Fully Sick Flutter.

If you want details or instructions just PM me :(

Edited by r32matt

Ah if u can fit it in the gap, it won't do a whole lot, the can wil probably get shaken up and will eventually de-carbonate, it won't cool it down either, your best bet is the fridge

haha i didnt understand any of that?? :(:woot::(

Ah if u can fit it in the gap, it won't do a whole lot, the can wil probably get shaken up and will eventually de-carbonate, it won't cool it down either, your best bet is the fridge

haha!! Nice

Nah he doesnt mean a full can :(

Gotta cut the can out to be the shape of the BOV. Put it in like its a seal and it will block up the hole.

The small tube which runs to the top of the BOV - Unplug that from the BOV and block it up (screw or something)

Would you like a diagram? :(

Just curious y did u block the tube off?

Just that i didn't think it would matter, it's only for pressure regulation (i think ) and as it's not getting any pressure i'd think it wouldnt make any difference whether blocked off or not. Correct me if im wrong but air only goes into the manifold nothing goes the other way right? (which i probably am not)

And na u shouldnt need to block the plumbback as it's not getting any air to it either

Edited by 123456

Nah the Plumb Back is fine, ive left all of that still on.

When I left the manifold tube unblocked my car wouldnt boost properly and was holding back, felt really bad!

Im pretty sure the tube is a vacuum which opens the BOV when you take your foot off.

What have u done with your manifold tube? did you leave yours in the BOV? I guess that would work the same if the BOV wasnt opening. Hmm might have to try, but yeah had a few boost problems with that pipe.

Edited by r32matt

Yeh i just left mine on BOV,

Only reason im asking is coz im lazy and if i decide im sick of flutterz i want it to be easy to switch back

"Im pretty sure the tube is a vacuum which opens the BOV when you take your foot off"

Yeh thats what i meant, wasn't thinking of what i was typing lol