SAU Community

Motorsport Places

Roy

I know a few folk shop at Meridian Motorsports, and there is a Revolution Racegear in Vic, but are there any speedshops around the city area that stock the Insulation Sheathing etc etc for oil lines, rubber hoses, and also the exhaust wrap stuff, as i have thw wrap but id liek to get the proprt clips for it?

Any helps would be appreciated:)

ROY BOY.... Theres another speed shop in Oakleigh GMP racing which i used to get alot of race gear from for the Formula 3.... they have a bit more in the way of car products as opposed to racing apparel from Revolution Racegear....... hey also good news on that note, Im dragging the Formula 3 out of the factory to compete in the Australian Grand-Prix at albert park... Formula 3 is one of the support catagorys... Im not driving my new car however because im hopefully leasing that to another driver for that event and I am far to unfit and slow at the moment to race it to its full potential... Thats what 7-8 months off the track does to you.

LA Designs used to do custom paint jobs on my helmets... I have had about 4-5 helmets done by them. really high quality stuff.... Approx prices vary from what you want... allow somewhere around $1000 for a fairly good design

GMP RACE GEAR AND PERFORMANCE

(03) 9543 6222

[email protected]

www.gmpracingproducts.com.au

L.A. Designs Custom Paint Studio

Phone +61 3 5282 8525 Mobile 0417 201 619

[email protected]

www.ladesigns.com.au

Hope thats a help for ya buddy.... Ohh by the way. wanna buy my 33GTST ?? haha enjoy

GMP racing products also stock the schroth harnesses and HANS devices... I was thinking of organising a group buy for the schroth profi-III harnesses in place of the recent group buy which didnt go as planned...

:)

Whats the go with harnesses. A guy was saying that the 4 point 3" Sparco harnesses with quick release are illegal for use on the street. Full Stop! They cant be used on the road?!?!?!?!? Hell they are FIA approved, is that true about harnesses down here in Vic?

Well thats the thing, with my race seat in the car, it has so heavily bulstored that if i try to put the seat belt on, it just hits the sides of the seat, sure as heel doesnt touch me. So in an accident i move out of the seat 3-4" before i come in contact with the std setabelt which is tight against the seat.....so i need to use the harness:) I dont really care, i only have the seat in the car when going to/from the track

Oh...and whislt im pi55ing money into the wind...anyone know someone that is good with an airbrush that can paint helmets?

One of my neighbour paint airbrush for living and i seen him always bussy with his airbrush. Let me know if you want me to hook up with him. I think his price will not be high because he do his work in his garage. That how i know he paint air brush everyday.

I don't know if they'll have your stuff, but i'm going to get some work done at David Levy Motors or Motorsport... i know they are involved in some race stuff.... prepping an E36 M3 at the moment...

DLM Service Centre

223 Nepean Hwy Gardenvale 3185

(03) 9596 5962

maybe give them a call?? Not sure how far from you that is tho....

Roy my neighbour swears by his mate's airbrushing tallent. Only catch is that he is about 16yrs old (the artist), but on the other hand, he will be a lot cheaper than most other people.

Your call, but it doesn't hurt to pay him a visit and look at his "portfolio".

GMP racing products also stock the schroth harnesses and HANS devices... I was thinking of organising a group buy for the schroth profi-III harnesses in place of the recent group buy which didnt go as planned...

:)

thats prob a good idea :D

Check the links in the "welcome to vic" thread.

If you want to paint your helmet, take into account that it may not pass pit inspection.

Paint/stickers etc can cover up cracks which would render the helmet useless in an accident, and some venues won't pass a helmet if it is painted. (especially if the safety standards sticker has been removed in order to paint it)