SAU Community

stuff idiots say about skylines

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is. The chev badge pisses me off for one reason only, and its that the owners wont admit its there purely because it looks nice, in fact a hell of a lot nicer badge design than holden. IF they really wanted to get picky about their badges and motors, hell they would have a gm badge on it, not a chev badge. That has the same significance as a pontiac badge, but the pontiac badge doesnt look good. The owners have them because they look nice, thats it.. if only they would man up and admit it.

yeah i like the look of the chev badge (if the right colour on the right car). its just funny because they arent chev engines, they are GM engines used in chevs and holdens.

funny thing is, the new holden commodores (VF) will be sent over to america to be rebadged as chevs in 2013 LOL.

Hmmmm, probably not many people voting the nissan badge as the best looking of all time haha

i HATE the nissan badge.

i LOVE the nissan word.

yeah not a big fan of the badge either but the s in the grill and

the gt badges on the side are pimpin even the gts25t sticker on the back looks good

but badges dont make the car the performance and looks make a car

ya could but s buggatti veyron badge on a corrolla doesnt mean anything

other than the owner of that car is a dikkkk lol

this convo has gotten a bit off topic

and sure, show a poo brown VL Commodore and not a mint looking Calais. of course it will look like shit.

this is a sweet car.

calais-turbo.jpg

That's cheating lol. It never looked like that from factor. The Skylines(bar R31 & <) look awesome from factory. I still think an R32 GTR is one of the most toughest looking japanese cars ever produced.

yeah i like the look of the chev badge (if the right colour on the right car). its just funny because they arent chev engines, they are GM engines used in chevs and holdens.

funny thing is, the new holden commodores (VF) will be sent over to america to be rebadged as chevs in 2013 LOL.

Exactly, thats the thing that pisses me off the most. These gm v8's motors are in pontiacs, holden's and chev's.. also possibly more companies considering the size of gm.

Its obvious that its because the badges look good, and i agree- i think they do. It just pissed me off the holden boys wont admit it, plus the fact they yankee up their holden's more than it needs be.

f**k that vl is nice too, imo a much better looking car then any 31 i have seen.

VL Calais is a nice car but its not Nissan just like a holden is not a chev.

And if i want to be technical,yes i do want to say it lol.

And no one seems to have read my question right. i was asking if 34 is GT and not GTS because of the fact the GTR isn't essentially the same car with bigger guards. GTR 34 has shorter wheelbase as well.

that is actually incorrect. for starters, holden is owned by general motors, who also owns chevrolet. secondly, in the middle east, the commodore is sold as a chev (this is why the kelly brothers racing commodore was painted up as a chev when they raced in either bahrain or abu dhabi - can't remember which, as it was representing 10 years of holdens of various types being sold there as chevs), in the same way that it is also sold in the UK as a vauxhall and in the states as a pontiac.

as for the GTS/GT crap, i'm guessing it was just a change in the marketing and has little to do with wheelbase and all that sort of crap. from my info, the wheelbase is the same in the r34 between GTR and GT and GT-T. any difference in wheelbase between models that were would be would probably be down to suspension geometry as it's only 20mm, which is bugger all.

that is actually incorrect. for starters, holden is owned by general motors, who also owns chevrolet. secondly, in the middle east, the commodore is sold as a chev (this is why the kelly brothers racing commodore was painted up as a chev when they raced in either bahrain or abu dhabi - can't remember which, as it was representing 10 years of holdens of various types being sold there as chevs), in the same way that it is also sold in the UK as a vauxhall and in the states as a pontiac.

as for the GTS/GT crap, i'm guessing it was just a change in the marketing and has little to do with wheelbase and all that sort of crap. from my info, the wheelbase is the same in the r34 between GTR and GT and GT-T. any difference in wheelbase between models that were would be would probably be down to suspension geometry as it's only 20mm, which is bugger all.

Holden is not a chev.

Difference between producing a car and rebadging as your own. cough!opel!

Must have got my info wrong about wheelbase. i thought it was difference between GT and GTR but was now obviously the difference between R33 and R34.

From wikipedia: The R34 GT-R was also made to be shorter (from front to rear).

so the calais needs paint and rims but the 31 needs flares,paint,rims,wing,full kit and whatever to not look like the worlds ugliest door stop.

i like 31s but shut yo mouf! aha that VL is f**king mint.

i love 31 wagons, anyone know what suspension is used in the rear for JDM wagons?

Well i quite like the look of some of those coupe 31's but the vl still kills it when done well imo. Im more of a fan of the understated type look in most cases, and huge flares and t-wings dong usually do it for me lol. Not saying their isnt some nice looking 31's, i just prefer the look of the commodore over them.

Well i quite like the look of some of those coupe 31's but the vl still kills it when done well imo. Im more of a fan of the understated type look in most cases, and huge flares and t-wings dong usually do it for me lol. Not saying their isnt some nice looking 31's, i just prefer the look of the commodore over them.

+1

Moreso to the point,the VL only needs paint and rims to stand out.

VL's are fking hideous, "Let's take the previous model wedge styled car then add a curved front and a curved ducktail and call it a new car..."

so the calais needs paint and rims but the 31 needs flares,paint,rims,wing,full kit and whatever to not look like the worlds ugliest door stop.

i like 31s but shut yo mouf! aha that VL is f**king mint.

i love 31 wagons, anyone know what suspension is used in the rear for JDM wagons?

Suspension is the same setup as Aus spec wagons, the jap ones have a shittier diff and drum brakes though.

VL's are fking hideous, "Let's take the previous model wedge styled car then add a curved front and a curved ducktail and call it a new car..."

lol.. coming from a skyline owner makes it particularly rich. Besides the obvious mechanical differences, there is very noticeable visual differences between the vk and vl, especially in the upper spec versions.

Dont get me wrong, i have always liked the look of skylines, even the 31. But the way i see it, unless there is a 10 year gap between models, all car makes have subtle differences between models.

Holden is not a chev.

Difference between producing a car and rebadging as your own. cough!opel!

Must have got my info wrong about wheelbase. i thought it was difference between GT and GTR but was now obviously the difference between R33 and R34.

From wikipedia: The R34 GT-R was also made to be shorter (from front to rear).

well then in that case, you just narrowed down the amount of cars you can bag out for being a holden as the commodore and the cruze are pretty much the only 2 cars made by holden. no wait, you can also bag out the new chevy camaro as that is made by holden and badged as a chev.

but the main point is that they are sister companies so basically all the cars are made by 1 parent company and then badged in whatever brand is required.

lol.. coming from a skyline owner makes it particularly rich. Besides the obvious mechanical differences, there is very noticeable visual differences between the vk and vl, especially in the upper spec versions.

Dont get me wrong, i have always liked the look of skylines, even the 31. But the way i see it, unless there is a 10 year gap between models, all car makes have subtle differences between models.

ahahaha, yeah. visial difference between r30 and r31 is bugger all. r32 is just a rounded version of a 31. they then changed if a bit more for the 33 but then went back towards the r32 with the r34.

post-8400-1191371061_thumb.jpg

vk-red-side-calais.jpg

The thing is the Skylines are a completely different car externally, they are just the progression of the body styling as you would expect from any one family of model. The VL on the otherhand is the same side profile with a lazy nose job and duckbill which ruin the lines of the car.

and sure, show a poo brown VL Commodore and not a mint looking Calais. of course it will look like shit.

this is a sweet car.

calais-turbo.jpg

It would be, if the rims didn't look so tacky.

The thing is the Skylines are a completely different car externally, they are just the progression of the body styling as you would expect from any one family of model. The VL on the otherhand is the same side profile with a lazy nose job and duckbill which ruin the lines of the car.

We all knew the vk/vl share the same side profile, thats pretty damn obvious. My point is, the skylines have no more progression in looks between the models than the crappy commodores do. Also that is obviously just your opinion that its a shitty nose job and duckbill, most people i know much prefer the looks of vl over vk. Your argument would be better suited to the vb,vc,vh models in which the differences are next to nil. Having said that, look at the difference in the mighty skyline, its huge! whistling.gif

800px-Skyline_R30_sedan.jpg1988-1990_Nissan_Skyline_(R31)_Executive_sedan_03.jpg

well then in that case, you just narrowed down the amount of cars you can bag out for being a holden as the commodore and the cruze are pretty much the only 2 cars made by holden. no wait, you can also bag out the new chevy camaro as that is made by holden and badged as a chev.

but the main point is that they are sister companies so basically all the cars are made by 1 parent company and then badged in whatever brand is required.

yeah so chev camaro is made by holden and badged as chev. what of it. it was done by GM.

the public sticking chev badges onto a holden sold as a holden is what i am talking about. a holden commodore is not a chev in this country.

and no i dont believe all the cars are made by the parent company. holden is quite set aside from GM in my opinion. thus why they didnt get hit when GM went bankrupt.