SAU Community

5 speed conversion centres

Darren83

hi, i am thinking of buying an r32gts-t. but it seems that the r32 gts-t auto is way cheapers than the manual. So i might go for the auto. So far i have read 2 centre's for conversion from auto to manual. Which is ICE performance and genesis in victoria. Between these 2, anyone knows which is better in terms of pricing , service and after sales service? i have heard good comments on both, but i have also read some negative ones on ice performance , but thats only a few.. suggestions anyone? Would 2.5k enough for the conversion ? thankx..

sometimes buying a manual works out cheaper in the first place, sometimes it doesn't, you have to work it out on the specific car.... but buying manual in the first place saves hassel, unless the gearbox is already on it's way out, don't forget that the clutch might need replacing in the near future also.

Hope this helps. Now i must take posters off my walls because it has to be painted... bayside blue... or gunmetal grey?? haha...

well i think its cheaper to do yourself, but soon as you add labour into it for somebody else to do it, goodbye budget.. :wavey:

If you are lucky, and track down them yourself, you will get all the parts required for around $1000 (thats about what its going to cost me).. Then just labour, which may be another $1000.

$2k should cover it.

thanx guys for the advices, hmmm a guy quoted 12.5k for a gts-t manual, how much u guys think i shoud bargain with him for ?11k ? if the manual is not too costly, i would of course go with the manual, reason i'm considering an auto is coz of the price. thanks again !

thanx guys for the advices, hmmm a guy quoted 12.5k for a gts-t manual, how much u guys think i shoud bargain with him for ?11k ? if the manual is not too costly, i would of course go with the manual, reason i'm considering an auto is coz of the price. thanks again !

That all depends on the car itself, person selling it, location, day and time.

If the car is riddled with faults and the owner is trying to find a dummy to buy the car he will ask for 12.5K.

My mate sold his imacculate R32 Gts-t (manual) for 15K. It was a '93 model with factory leather seats, lightly modified and pulled almost 150rwkw at ICE Performance with only an exhaust, pod, 10psi boost, remapped ecu chip and nothing else. ICE completed a thorough check, dyno runs and test drive (on the buyer's expense) and could not fault it.

Where about do you live and where is the car located?

hmmm yea, i live in box hill, as where the car is located , i dont know yet, he will be sending me pics of the car in these 2 days . Then i will see how it goes. Is it realistic to get a average or above average condition r32 gts-t manual 2 door for 10.5 or somehwere near there?

im getting mine converted to a 5 spd its going to cost me roughly 2.5k im getting the conversion lightened flywheel HD clutch n my computer remapped ive paid for all the parts all i need to pay for now is labor... thats at XTC

so far ive forked out 2k so im guessing about 500 for labor...