SAU Community

Whats My GC210 Worth?

Hey All. Having been given this car and finding it hard to get any decent values on it, I decided to post up here and see if anyone would be interested in it.

Make: Nissan/Datsun

Model: Skyline/240k

Year: 1978

Engine: 2.4L SOHC Carby

Trans: 3 Speed Auto

KMs: 61K kms. Looks to be original, steering wheel is immaculate, no wear marks whatsoever, even the same with the auto shifter or handbrake.

Interior is in good condition, dash has couple cracks, back seats appear to be perfect, front couple have some rough patches, but have car seats covers over them. Has new standard exhaust. Stock wheels, serviced/major changes - oil/air/trans etc at 50 odd k kms.

Problems : Windscreen squirters are *****, dont make the window. Makes a whine noise sometimes when you go to start. Suspension is starting to squeal. Heater makes this generator noise when on.

So can some GC210 fans give me a price that might be suitable for this. I would love someone to take this off me for parts... so i can get something like a 4 cylinder..

email me if your interested. [email protected]

Kane,

I just paid $2000 privately, for a 4 door, 5 speed, '78 C210 with 248 000 original kms. no rust, original wheels, steering wheel, seat trim etc. The only reason I bought it is for transplanting an rb motor into it. I could not see anyone paying more than $1500 privately for it if they were to buy it (four door) and keep as is. If you have the 2 door version (good for you) expect $2,000 to $2,500 maximum. Greater demand.

If you found someone who was going to transplant the motor like me expect $2,000 4 door and $3000 2 door.

The C210, to me is a classic nissan that was very underrated (only the engine -power- was its downfall). Good Luck selling it.

However, I am missing all the Skyline badges on the boot and side rear tail guards. If you still have those and you decide to sell it for parts, give me a tinker.

Martin

Kane,

I just paid $2000 privately, for a 4 door, 5 speed, '78 C210  with 248 000 original kms.  no rust, original wheels, steering wheel, seat trim etc.   The only reason I bought it is for transplanting an rb motor into it.  I could not see anyone paying more than $1500 privately for it if they were to buy it (four door) and keep as is. If you have the 2 door version (good for you) expect $2,000 to $2,500 maximum.  Greater demand.  

If you found someone who was going to transplant the motor like me expect $2,000 4 door and $3000 2 door.

The C210, to me is a classic nissan that was very underrated (only the engine -power- was its downfall).  Good Luck selling it.

However, I am missing all the Skyline badges on the boot and side rear tail guards.  If you still have those and you decide to sell it for parts, give me a tinker.

Martin

Mines the 4-Door, and is also completely badgeless (why you'd debadge a skyline I don't know!)

haha those prices are just what I wasn't expecting. I thought less because of their slug motors. I swear with the size of the engine bay, you could fit 2x RB26DETT's easily!!!

Good luck with your conversion!