SAU Community

'r35gtr' a no go?

r35gtr

Some people still question it like myself, but I hold my doubts. Ive read rezz's very informative thread on why it won't be called that, but why couldn't they have made a statement on changing it. Surely, they would want to avoid this confusion? I hope really, it gets called something else, as im quite tired of the name 'as is.'

I think it's more of a question of 'why should they make a statement?'...

All they're doing is following the same system they've been using since the 50's. Why they should change that now, in 2005 (or whenever) is just pointless.

Look, the whole reason talking about this is because:

*cue slow classical guitar solo*

..."Back in the early 2000's, Americans - due to an unforseen (*cough*) disaster - realized that there was a WHOLE WORLD out there, you know, other than the United States...

...Low and behold... there were alot of cool un-American things, one of those being the 'Nee-sahn Skyline GT-R'. Hollywood unsurprisingly jumped on this trend of cool un-American stuff and made a couple of movies: "The Fast and the Furious" and "2fast2furious"... alot of kids loved the cheezyness... well, it made them feel better about their own cheezy lives if Hollywood acknowedged it.

... so the 'American Fanboy Massif' grew to accomodate the 'clueless American Fanboy JDM geek'...

...I emphasise clueless... the trouble is, America is a H-U-G-E country, and stopping those geeks is nigh on impossible (as I've personally found out over the last 2 years)... it seems they don't want to listen to reason - they only want to listen to mommy. If mommy says it's 'R35/6/7/8/9' then so be it... F*CK what Nissan have been doing for the last 50 years...

... it seems theres no changing the JDM fanboys minds... and so ends the tale.

*cue fading classical guitar solo*

No, obviously I know what your saying, but I dont know. Hopefully they will clear the issue, if they do change it to something else.

mcn, dont worry I will change it if need be, and even though its nonexistent at least its in the mind of the nissan R&D....and as so it is in my mind as well. I try to imagine it how it will be like as If I were the one to develop it, of course my version is much more radical, I dont dare make a photoshop. *wink*

By the way, has anyone noticed that in 2001-2002 a lot of photochops were made, and now there aint none anymore?

By the way, has anyone noticed that in 2001-2002 a lot of photochops were made, and now there aint none anymore?

Yeah I think the Tokyo 2001 Concept spurred on peoples imaginations a bit... but now the 'photochopped GT-R' is just about as predictable as Australia winning cricket matches. It gets to a point where people ask 'alright, now what IS Nissan doing?' They must be doing something while all the fanboys come up with their renditions right?

Yeah I think the Tokyo 2001 Concept spurred on peoples imaginations a bit... but now the 'photochopped GT-R' is just about as predictable as Australia winning cricket matches. It gets to a point where people ask 'alright, now what IS Nissan doing?' They must be doing something while all the fanboys come up with their renditions right?

lol. :D Imagine what will happen if it comes out in an auto show this year, a 'updated version' or something, more photochops.