SAU Community

R32 Front Bar and Bonnet

xydlebug

Forgive the newbie question, but what's a reasonable price for an R32 GTR front bar and bonnet?

I got careless and bent the front of my GTS-4 - oops :P I've got a quote from someone local with a GTR half-cut (they are a straight swap, right?), but it's a bit more than I was hoping.

Any ideas?

On a positive note, this gives me a good excuse to get that respray :rant: Now to pick a colour...

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, we've sorted that out ($350-400 seems to be a good ballpark figure)...

But no one has been able to give me a definite answer as to whether an R32 GTR front bar will fit without modification onto an R32 GTS-4. Some people say yes, others say you have to swap the front guards as well.

Can anyone give a definitive answer, preferrably someone who has actually done it?

X

I am in the process of doing this now...

A GTR bonnet requires hinges and modifications to the latch (or a GTR latch support).

The front bar will not fit unless you trim the front bar support or source a GTR front bar support. They do need to be squeezed a bit to fit - so make sure you have it done at a workshop that has done this before to ensure that it will look good.

You then have the issue of no grille... To fit the grille, you need GTR headlights as there is clips on them which hold the grille in place.

Bonnet $450-700

Bar $380 - $650

grille $150 - $250

hinges $20 - $80

latch $free - $50

headlights - $150 - $600

The front bar will not fit unless you trim the front bar support or source a GTR front bar support. They do need to be squeezed a bit to fit - so make sure you have it done at a workshop that has done this before to ensure that it will look good. You then have the issue of no grille... To fit the grille, you need GTR headlights as there is clips on them which hold the grille in place.

Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll have to talk it over with the guy at the smash repairs. Whichever way I go, it's going to cost - but if the insurance is subsidizing the first few thousand then it might be worth it.

X

A GTR bonnet requires hinges and modifications to the latch (or a GTR latch support).

The front bar will not fit unless you trim the front bar support or source a GTR front bar support. They do need to be squeezed a bit to fit - so make sure you have it done at a workshop that has done this before to ensure that it will look good.

You then have the issue of no grille... To fit the grille, you need GTR headlights as there is clips on them which hold the grille in place.

Bonnet $450-700

Bar $380 - $650

grille $150 - $250

hinges $20 - $80

latch $free - $50

headlights - $150 - $600

mr r32

i put the gtr bar on with out modification

also if you change the front quaters you will need GTR blinkers

"You then have the issue of no grille... To fit the grille, you need GTR headlights as there is clips on them which hold the grille in place."

why spend the money on the lights when you could just custom make some clips or brakets for them? or just not have the grill and make it look abit different