SAU Community

Cop caught red handed on camera doing exactly what he fined me for.

Burns

Cop caught red handed on camera doing exactly what he fined me for.

Just before Christmas I had a rather unpleasant run-in with two fine officers on my way home from work in my Skyline. I was on a road just a few km from home that I have driven along 1000’s of times. When I saw two cops a few corners up ahead, one on a bike and the other an undercover SS. I slowed right down and just coasted up to them thinking they had the road closed because of and accident or something.

As soon as I pulled up they pounced on me, one breathalysed me the while the other started crawling all over my car looking for things to defect me for. After about 20 min trying to defend my self and explain to them that they were out of line I left with a $138 2 pint fine for “Failing to keep left of centre of the road” and a Major defect notice for having a tow bar fitted and un road worthy tyres. (Photo attached for your curiosity)

They accused me of being a drifter, doing burnouts, told me I should just get a Falcon and that they were there to catch drivers like me.

I have since got the defect notice cleared with no repairs to the car required and Vic Roads telling me I should never been defected and have decided to object to the failing to keep left of centre of the road fine.

Earlier today I thought I would go take some photos of the corner for my defence.

I parked my car and started walking up towards the corner while getting my camera ready, I look up and see a highway patrol car coming over the rise heading into the corner in which I was fined for no keeping left, I switched the camera on and started taking photos the cop went right over the canter line in the same location and manner that I was fined for. I was so excited I almost wet my pants and did a little dance. It was the same cop who fined me I gave him the thumbs up as he went past.

The camera was a was a bit slow and I only managed to get two shots off but they clearly show him failing to keep left and unfortunately I was too late to get him on the apex of the turn where he was half way over the line.

If any one can zoom in and tidy up the photos to make them look as incriminating as possible and maybe try to identify the number plates and driver it would make my day in court even more entertaining.

1246RIMG0594_blured_by_stander.jpg

1246RIMG0595_blured_by_stander.jpg

1246RIMG0607.JPG

1246RIMG0596.JPG

1246RIMG0586.JPG

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cops are hypocrites.. the amount of times I have seen *them* breaking the laws they are meant to be enforcing is ridiculous.

Respect the law? well not if they're not obeying it themselves. The older I get, in a way the less respect I have for the police. My parents told me it was the other way around??

haha sounds pretty annoying...

friday and saturday night in rye there were cops all over a main road were drags happen and they just started pulling people into public areas to check power and etc. one supra got dicked hard because he had around 400hp packed in it with half full nos canasters.

youd be doing all of us a favour by taking them down, post what happens!

Good on ya mate.

Fight it all the way.

With that evidence i would be saying it was safer towards the middle of the road, hence probally why the copper was driving their too.

Try to state you were driving to the conditions, not just, im here to try and get back at the copper attitude.

That way if the copper is questioned, he might say the same, the road isn't the best, blah blah blah.

The copper won't admit he ****ed up, thats for sure, so don't try to prove that side of it.

good on ya mate. too many of us back down to them.

ive started recording our conversations with my phone in my pocket.

good cops are respected and listened to, decent cops get listened to, arsehole cops should get knotted.

cheers

Linton

Leading by example is not a Police moto thats for sure!

BTW sure your tyres are legal, but by gum they do look dodgy! :P

Do they for all you can, I hate traffic cops so much. (normal ones are champs)

And had they been not so gunho about everything they probably should have comended you for doing the right thing and slowing down as you thought there was an acco.

Try to take the credibility line and work the police officer towards stating that he has never crossed the centre line on that part of road. AS soon as he admits that, then produce your photographic evidence, backed by that bystander as a witness (hopefully he can also state the police car ID number, therefore number plates aren't that important - but will definitely help). If you take the right approach and can back it up with solid evidence, then you have a very good chance of winning.

H'mmmm, hate to put a dampener on this fellas but the old addage of "Two wrongs do not make a right" is surely going to apply here. It's great that you have photographic evidence of the police car failing to adhere to a basic road rule but me thinks all that will happen here is that your fine will stand and the copper will get to shout his mates a few beers. Our judicial system is so crooked that I very much doubt anything at all will happen to the copper. All the photo evidence will show is that the coppers decision to fine you was justified .... if you admit to being on the wrong side of the line. I think your defence has to be that you slowed down and moved over to avoid what looked like the scene of an accident. That is about the best you can do.

Cheers and good luck.

Muz

yes please keep us all informed of ur progress burns, i have a dislike for traffic cops having been ****ed over by them a few times. Just be aware that the police force could be described as "thick as thieves" it will be an uphill struggle trying to prove them wrong and escape your fine

well im with everyone else that you shouldn't use manipulated images, but if you really have your heart set on it, i think that you should use this one:

(i don't have photoshop installed on this computer, so i had to improvise with MS paint hehe)

1297122401246RIMG0595_blured_by_stander-RESIZED-med.jpg

look out innocent bystander, he's at it again!!!

If its just a digital photo you have, there isn't much evidence.

Even so - just taking it to "Today Tonight" or other trash tv might get a mention.. then again I think the police have close connections to that show, so doubt it.