SAU Community

motorvation 05

Butler

hey everyone,

firstly to the organisers, well done! was an awesome 2 days!

However was just wondering where were all the imports? Only saw a couple of skylines and a few silvias. There was no SAUWA stand either ..what happened there?

Anywayz good event and massive turnout! :P

cheers

yer it wasnt too bad, only 1 gtr, and 1 rb26 gts-t and thats about it i think for the skyline crew, oh and a rb20 r31 and a few gts-ts.

more holdens and fords than u could poke a stick at, i think next year we shall gather a large group of skyliners and show em some decent cars :P

im most likely taken the stagea 26 in it for sure :)

l8r

Brad

yeah would be nice to have some lines and imports there.... quite taken of the lack of imports afteer the awesome effort last year....

it was kind of what i expected... roughneck crowd, funniestthing besides seeing TJ nearly take a photo of my girlfriend before he realised it was me ;-) was a full okka chick picking a fight on an okka guy! hilarious!!

lots of V8s with there exhausts off as usual but a few nice feature cars in the tent.... hmm this year just didn't do it for me.........

Butler - we decided not to enter this show as we wanted to focus on Drag Combat and Western Salon. Plus its mainly a holden/ford show with the burnout comp etc etc :( not really an imports audience. But good to hear a few went out there to show the trevs up!

There was more R31's than 32's or 33's :(

Saturday/night was by far the best, some of the best fun in my life, awesome time, Sunday kinda sucked though, or maybe that was cos I was hung over...

Pity the non holdens/fords in the burnout got no attention, A silvia, a SR20 1600, and a stanza, and they all did pretty good, the SR20s seemed to get hot pretty quickly, and it would always be harder using a manual in a burnout comp, and turbos aren't as loud...

there was a black R33 S2 doing some pretty good burnouts in the supercruise today, aswell as all the 31's at various times of both days :)

Hopefully my car should be turbo by next year...If I'm allowed in at all, I heard only the best cars will be allowed in next year, not first in first served, hmmm

I went on Sunday and didn't think it was nearly as good as last year.

But, there were some very very sweet cars there. A couple that stood out for me, whilst not being imports (but then again this is Motorvation not Autosalon) .. was a red VU ute slammed on big rims with highly reflective tint all round ... and a VL turbo with a Walky kit, 20" rims and awesome paint job :)

Butler - we decided not to enter this show as we wanted to focus on Drag Combat and Western Salon. Plus its mainly a holden/ford show with the burnout comp etc etc :) not really an imports audience. But good to hear a few went out there to show the trevs up!

okie dokie, thats fair enough. i understand what u mean by mainly a ford and holden show, all i could hear the whole time i was there was grumbling v8's and spinning tyres :wassup: ..but also the bov on that blue turbo calias ..must admit that was nice!

Bwahahaah!

I don't think he got to take it, i caught him just as he was about to, he was a good boy though, he didn't realise it was me till I turned round then went "oh sh*t, sorry" and put his camera down.... respect to TJ for that :-)

He realised it was me when I let out an almighty..... TEEEEEEJAAAAAAAAY!!!!

Well.. I think I've finally gotten all the photos sorted for HighOctanePhotos.com from MV2005....

From 7063 photos, taking up 8.8 gigabytes of space, i've cut it down to approximately 1600 photos... (I know, I should be more selective, I've still got double ups in there and stuff like that) Anyway, thats ~900 photos from Friday night and Saturday, and ~700 photos from Sunday alone...

I've split it up into 2 albums to make it kinda managable, but still, it's gonna take a fair while to get thru em all...

You can find the 2 albums at http://www.highoctanephotos.com/motorvation (which will take you to the generic Car Shows page, and the 2 Motorvation 2005 albums are at the top of the page.)

Because I know how long it will take to look thru the whole lot, after all, I've just done it, I'm putting up some of my favourites at www.LandBarge.com , which I'm picking out as I go thru, adjusting the colour balance, cropping em and then resizing em (HighOctanePhotos.com images are just taken straight from the camera, resized, stamped and uploaded, so some are a little dark, but can be corrected, or would look better with cropping...)

Anyway, the LandBarge.com overview of MV2005 can be found starting here: http://www.landbarge.com/Events/20050114_M.../MV_2005_01.htm it's 2 pages at the moment, and is a work in progress.. I'm not much of a writer, but I'm trying to fit a few words in between the photos, and I'm also putting in new photos as I find them, and keeping my mind open to removing some that don't make the grade when stacked up against the new additions...

There may not have been many Skylines there this year but an R33 GTR Skyline won Go to Whoa

And I got 4th in the Slalom, Behind two EVO's and a WRX.........Bloody 4WD..thats cheatin  :cheers:  

lindsay.JPG

hahaha, but i was chearing you on.......a good show from the R31 club, AFR and a fue SILWA cars.

btw, do you work in southlake shoping center? i see a car very similar to yours and its to rare for it to be someone else's.

hahaha, but i was chearing you on.......a good show from the R31 club, AFR and a fue SILWA cars.

btw, do you work in southlake shoping center? i see a car very similar to yours and its to rare for it to be someone else's

Funnily enough that is someone elses car!... I live in Atwell...but see that one driving around from time to time.

Oh and thx for the support :)