SAU Community

My accident and the offer they made me. *Long*

Abo Bob

Do not involve your insurance company......Tell them your going to use a third party recovery agent...they will shit them selves.....call them everyday take the wheels off and throw them on there doorstep with a note (this works well...i have done it many times)call them 5 or 6 times a day call the assesor 3 or 4 times a day

duncan:

the zed has the original wheels right? they are forged so by getting them welded up they will be much weaker (i wouldnt drive on one..) than they originally were, if i were you i would have gotten a replacement rim...

it may look the same but it will lose lots of strength.

The damage being repaired was cosmetic, chips and scrapes and gouges. I would get my wheels repaired like that without hesitation because the wheels are still structually intact. If the wheel had (say) broken in half, and they then proceeded to rewelded those two halves back together, THEN I wouldnt trust driving on them.

If its just a cosmetic touch up then you shouldnt worry about it, just make sure its ballanced before putting it back on the car.

hey siksII, I shold have explained better, the weld, sand and repaint I would only allow for chips on the surface, never for an actual crack on the rim.  Our rims only had superficial damage and so I'm happy for them to repair it :)

Ah ok fair enough, it sounded like the wheel had structural damage when i heard 'weld' !

assuming you are insured, use your insurance company to get what you want. if they call, just tell them you're going through your insurer.

some years ago a woman ran into me while i was stationary (i.e. her fault). she was driving a government car on a weekend, dressed in horse-riding gear. clearly not for gov't use. about a week later, i received a letter from a melbourne insurance company listing damage all over her car (even though prang was front left quarter only) and asking me to admit being at fault.

i threw the letter in the bin and didn't reply. i took the car to a registered repair shop and they sent the bill to my insurance co (nrma back then).

don't deal with them any more, use your insurance company. if you reply to any of their letters or phone calls, they might be able to use this as your admission of fault. if they call, be polite, but don't talk with them: "my insurer is dealing with this matter. goodbye".

well if it was her fault then take her to court and you'll prob dig deep into her pockets there, but its really your choice on this. theres not much you can do with 2 rims, except look stupid. =]

its called drift look :wassup:

and fight they have to pay up everything to put your car in the con it was before.