SAU Community

Just got back from the EPA inspection!!!! Update

silva33

Ash, say since im on my nsw p's i can legally drive my car no matter where i go, because my licence allows that. just because im in vic doesnt mean my licence changes to a vic one. same goes with rego, if ur car is reg in nsw/vic then it has to obey to those laws as u answer to that state

but defects have to be cleared by that state that they are given in ;)  

oh and make sure if ur done in another state that ur state knows its cleared.

remember how i got defected at heathcote back in 03 for bald tyres? well i got it cleared at vic roads and 3 months later RTA NSW sends me a letter asking y i havent had the defect cleared yet. damn gov depts

you can get speeding fines/defects and anything in another state.

License ... limitations dont change, its the car that comes under scrutiny

Would this work? The race car is driven allot on the street and i wouldnt want an EPA  on it or else the car would never be registerd again.

I might remove my bonnet puller and just have a electronic button under the steering column to pop the bonnet.

What can do they if you dont plan to pop your bonnet?

think about it, if its broken you'll get a defect, what can they see if you dont pop it?

;) western suburbs thinking

think about it, if its broken you'll get a defect, what can they see if you dont pop it?

western suburbs thinking

LOL after my car comes back from the mechanics im changing the location of my bonnet puller and disconnecting the factory one!

Good call R31 nismoid.

And after i sell the 33 im moving 2 QLD :cheers:

Cheers

If you got away with saying your bonnet is broken i would put money on an EPA letter making you go in for a full inspection in the mail soon after.... so even if you did get around the cops, the EPA would get ya!

Its worth a go though!

They cant make you go for a full inspection without nabbing you for it in the first place.

Ie, seing you have an AVC-R and nailing you for it.

The only place you go in Vic Roads to get the canary off.

Maybe an exhaust EPA - big whoop. We;ve all been there

i totally agree with not being able to be sent to vicroads.. they cant get u for things they cant see..

the EPA exhaust test is no big deal.... but the cops can send u in for a full inspection and emissions test and they do check over the car for illegal mods, turbo, injectors, etc etc... or at least they did with mine.

okay so if my engine bay looks fairly standard but i have injectors, the epa with a full inspection can legally open up my rocker n pull out the injectors 2 see if there stock or aftermarket?.... and are oil coolers and the braided lines legal or illegal?