SAU Community

Best dealers for skylines

Guest jake_1

Hasn't anyone on this forum bought a car from us yet?

We've only been in the business 10 years, comply 17 different models, and give each and every customer our total love and devotion....can you ask for anything more?

No, but seriously....do we smell or something?

Free beers (up to 6) for the next SAU customer who buys a car from me.

-david

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've only been in the business 10 years, comply 17 different models, and give each and every customer our total love and devotion....can you ask for anything more?

-david

I bought my silver s15 silvia off you guys in November 2003. So how bour that beer :P

Haha, sure, but it's gotta wait til next week, cause I have a sore throat now.....come by on a friday preferably, we're usually drinking then anyways....

I bought my silver s15 silvia off you guys in November 2003. So how bour that beer :P

bummer didnt know you existed when i was browsing around dealers for my car (1 year ago)

Ended up wasting my time at JS*A and other dodgy dealers with their flashy advertisments. :P

-david

Yeah, I've been working in Japan and Jon hasn't been keeping up with the net based stuff, he's been too busy with the compliance side of things (17 different models), but we're back on the net (and I'm back in Melbourne....sayonara tokyo) so stay tuned for some flashy advertisements coming soon from us as well.

bummer didnt know you existed when i was browsing around dealers for my car (1 year ago)

Ended up wasting my time at JS*A and other dodgy dealers with their flashy advertisments. :P

whoops, was logged in under the one I use to test whether the pictures are working....

Yeah, I've been working in Japan and Jon hasn't been keeping up with the net based stuff, he's been too busy with the compliance side of things (17 different models), but we're back on the net (and I'm back in Melbourne....sayonara tokyo) so stay tuned for some flashy advertisements coming soon from us as well.

whoops, was logged in under the one I use to test whether the pictures are working....

do you also still import twin turbo supras?i have heard some good stuff about the cars you guys bring in....

We haven't done a supra in a while.....but can import anything if a customer uses our import service, $1100 flat fee. We've got about 10 skylines coming in, no supras on the horizon for the moment. The silver skyline for $17,700 is in the showroom now, looks pretty sweet. All our other cars are in transit. Black one for $9000 will be here tomorrow, others coming in over the weekend I believe....

Ray has an FTO for sale I think, Marc has an Evo, but they're both selling those on the side, not as Carizma employees.

do you also still import twin turbo supras?i have heard some good stuff about the cars you guys bring in....

Hi Jetdat,

we have a manual, as you can see from the cars listed in my signature. We usually don't do 4 door non-turbo autos, just not much demand for them. This fact will also be important if you ever try to resell this car.

Driving manual isn't that much of a pain in the A$$, I'd say rent a manual car for $35 / day and learn in a day. (I'm assuming it's just cause of license issues why you don't want a manual?).

Manual is also half the fun of a skyline, you'll thank me in a year for this advice I think.

We could always do one via our import service (4door, auto, non-turbo). That's just a $1,100 flat fee, we help you get a good car at auction, bring it in, comply it. You pay all costs directly, just the fee is extra.

cheers,

david

carizma,

any 4 door r34 non-turbo autos in MINT condition coming in??

Hi Jetdat,

we have a manual, as you can see from the cars listed in my signature. We usually don't do 4 door non-turbo autos, just not much demand for them. This fact will also be important if you ever try to resell this car.

Driving manual isn't that much of a pain in the A$$, I'd say rent a manual car for $35 / day and learn in a day. (I'm assuming it's just cause of license issues why you don't want a manual?).

Manual is also half the fun of a skyline, you'll thank me in a year for this advice I think.

We could always do one via our import service (4door, auto, non-turbo). That's just a $1,100 flat fee, we help you get a good car at auction, bring it in, comply it. You pay all costs directly, just the fee is extra.

cheers,

david

thanks for the reply david..

the car is not for me, for someone else thats why auto..

for now i will look around for something already landed and complied, but will keep you in mind if we choose to import.

cheers.

Yeah, and looking at the prices some of these other private sellers and dealers are charging here, I think they should be buying us beers!

Speaking of beer, has SAU ever had a 'meet and greet' kind of happy hour thing for everybody in the CBD? Wouldn't mind grabbing a beer and chatting with some of you knuckleheads for a bit.

^^ here we go....your buyers are coming back as soon as they saw "beer" :D

• 6 months later...

hi im looking for a r32 GTR in the next few months and have started looking. ive been to a few places already, but was wondering about the warranty side of things. what does the warranty actully cover, if the car u brought from them is already modded?

or do they covert your car back to stock?

I believe you have to be an LMCT to offer aftermarket warranties, which we are.

I'd recommend either starting another thread on 'aftermarket warranties' or looking for one that already exists, since I'm sure you'll find plenty of stories/information regarding them on here. We do offer them, but don't try to persuade customers one way or another, totally their choice.

david

hi im looking for a r32 GTR in the next few months and have started looking. ive been to a few places already, but was wondering about the warranty side of things. what does the warranty actully cover, if the car u brought from them is already modded?

or do they covert your car back to stock?

I was told that vehicles older than 10 years aren't subject to any form of statutory warranty, which kinda means you'll need to negotiate your own warranty with the dealer. The place I got my car from gave me something like a 3 month/30,000km warranty on the drive train (but not the clutch).

Yes, that is correct.

10 years is the limit for the statutory warranty. Anything older than that will come under aftermarket warranty, if one is offered. If you can negotiate a warranty with a dealer, great, but we've never done that before. That said, customers that feel the need for a warranty usually just get an aftermarket one.

I don't believe there's anything about returning a car to stock in regards to the warranty.

I was told that vehicles older than 10 years aren't subject to any form of statutory warranty, which kinda means you'll need to negotiate your own warranty with the dealer. The place I got my car from gave me something like a 3 month/30,000km warranty on the drive train (but not the clutch).

• 1 month later...

Hi guys i'm fairly new here but I have a couple of questions...

first a quick background I guess, I'm 20 years old, I'm 21 in 9 months and so i've started saving up for my first Japanese import - ive been in love with Nissans since I was 16, but I decided to do the honest law obiding thing and wait till I was off of my P's to buy my first Skyline, because I was after the turbo model. Now that it's coming closer Ive decided to do a bit of research and ask around...

Would it be better to look around import specific dealerships such as the ones mentioned further up in this thread or importing my own direct from japan (through a broker, of course)? and if you do import the car through one of the brokers that have been given glowing reviews in this thread, is there any kind of security in that? for example, if you import a car and it turns out to be a dud and un-compliable/registrable do you then have to live with a car that you cant drive? For the moment I'm considering keeping my current daily even after buying an import for a little while just as a runaround and maybe turn it into a bit of a project later on. It will be costly but worth it i think. But yeah if i could get a couple of answers to the above questions it will be much appreciated...as im a bit of a newb to the import industry :laugh: