SAU Community

Best dealers for skylines

Guest jake_1

i went down to the carizma showroom about a few months ago, had a good range of cars in good condition and was greeted with some very friendly service.

They were very willing to explain everything involved in the import process (which im intrested in) and were not pushy to make u put a deposit down.

i didn't speak to david but someone else (srry forgot his name) which was very friendly and very willing to help.

the reason i asked about the warranty was because i have had some warranty issues with a particular car manufactorer in the past. don't wanna go into any major detail but basically the warranty provided didn't explain anything specifically and when u run into trouble the first thing they do is find some lame excuse and say u voided the warranty.

anyway will defiently be back around november (after exams) to get them to help me import a R32 that ive always wanted.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SSV imports are the best from what i've seen, they have high quality cars and the prices mind you are a bit steep but you get what you pay for I guess and piece of mind is worth the pricetag :-)

I got SSV to do my compliance. They seemed like a good bunch. Don't know much about their stock but I got the impression they were not interested in trying to flog shitty cars onto people.

i think there are 2 things that people should look out for.

1) good dealer/importer

2) good mechanic/workshop

I still keep a look out on all the dealer/importer websites, and going by pictures alone Carizma seems to be the best (the other one is SSV - but they dont have a website). Not sure, if i answered above, but got my car from GT Auto's - wayne is the compliancer for j-spec, so im guessing that hte car was imported through them.

Lately though, I have been having cravings for going back to look for supras (twin turbos that is) - so maybe its time to get back onto the dealer websites and see what supras are out there :wave:

• 3 weeks later...

I got my car from Power Road car sales about 2 years ago, haven't had one problem with it since the purchase and a few mods.

That being said, Shane seemed pretty laid back about the whole thing IIRC

gran turismo autos is the best in melbourne by far (Y)

I prob shouldn't sh!tcan a business, but I heard some bad stuff a few yrs ago about that establishment.

Suspected stolen cars from Japan and selling here. Know someone who bought one there and the cops paid a visit to check it out.

If that has happened and cops prove it, you lose ur cash and the car!

To be fair, it could happen thru a private sale too.

The Vehicle Securities Registrar can send you a record the car for $8.50, but don't cover you for this, so It's pointless really.

I prob shouldn't sh!tcan a business, but I heard some bad stuff a few yrs ago about that establishment.

Suspected stolen cars from Japan and selling here. Know someone who bought one there and the cops paid a visit to check it out.

If that has happened and cops prove it, you lose ur cash and the car!

To be fair, it could happen thru a private sale too.

The Vehicle Securities Registrar can send you a record the car for $8.50, but don't cover you for this, so It's pointless really.

their establishment looks good - but i saw one of their cars when it was being complied - didnt look to be in great condition. and was overpriced imo

• 1 month later...
Hasn't anyone on this forum bought a car from us yet?

We've only been in the business 10 years, comply 17 different models, and give each and every customer our total love and devotion....can you ask for anything more?

No, but seriously....do we smell or something?

Free beers (up to 6) for the next SAU customer who buys a car from me.

-david

i'm currently in negotiations of buying from these guys being my first car & interstae i've had a few questions but they've been more than helpful about it all & i'm looking forward to the inspection & hopefully purchasing the car. hats off to you guys, i've been to a few car dealerships both in person & talked to & your customer service has been #1 by a mile.

Mean_R34: You don't lose your cash and your car. You'll get your cash back or you'll get to keep the car since GTA is an LMCT. The State government has a Motor Vehicle Compensation Fund which covers all LMCT dealers when they go out of business or lose their license. If they don't go out of business they're liable to pay you back for the car.

eMsta: We comply 90% of their Japan imports. All their cars are mint that we see, and customers aren't allowed in our compliance workshop anyways, so I assume you saw their car at another workshop. All we can vouch for is that 90% of their cars (the other 10% go to other workshops) are the best imports we see compared to other customers of ours. (but expensive).

their establishment looks good - but i saw one of their cars when it was being complied - didnt look to be in great condition. and was overpriced imo

Deanis: cheers for that mate, definitely some free beers if you come pick up the car here!

• 1 year later...

went by power rd car sales....they have A LOT more stock now. they've opened up a fence on the left to make it even bigger. So many supras and skyline.

Everyone i know who has bought cars from there havent had any problems and there cars seems to be in generally good condition.

If you want to buy a car there, make sure you have the money in hand before offering him a price as the owner there doesn't listen to you at all unless you show them the dough. Once he knows you don't have the money, he'll just head back into his office and laze around.

31,000kms on a 98 R33 MIGHT be believable, but 31k on a 96 skyline is BS.

Hmm. I bought my skyline there for a good price. But i took my brother there and he lied to our face about the price on a supra he had on the internet ad. He overpriced us $1000 and when we checked the ad obviously noticed something was wrong. My brother told him to f himself and just keep the deposit. Pretty shit.

So my opinion on power rd is 50/50. At your own risk i suppose.

Have any of you guys bought off JapCars in Fawkner?

Was there the other day and they had two very nice looking Evos and a mint S15. They told me they will have a couple of R33s in a couple of weeks so I was thinking of going and having a look.

got my 34 from power road dealer, they were pretty good

didn't hassle me for a sale and had heaps of skylines in stock as well as supra's

checked out a 34 a little while ago at SEI Motors it was dodgy as f**k, I would avoid that place if I could