yeah thats why its prolli better to get from private or imports

man

i can't decide whether r32 gts-t or r33 gts-t for "P" plater

r32 has nice interior

but

r33 looks good outside and lots of room inside

i want a r32.5 !

so hard to choose

tho r32 would be more legal but i the resell value of the r32 makes me rethink....

:D:):D :D :O

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hrmz  

yeah thats why its prolli better to get from private or imports  

man  

i can't decide whether r32 gts-t or r33 gts-t for "P" plater  

r32 has nice interior  

but  

r33 looks good outside and lots of room inside  

i want a r32.5 !  

so hard to choose

Personally, I think the R32 is looking a bit dated now, and the R33 is more roomy, looks nicer, etc. Again, personally, if I was just getting a GTS-T I'd get an R33 (like I have just bought :(. The R32 is meant to handle better, and is lighter.. but i don't like the shape as much, so really its personal preference.

Again its price... 15k will get you a decent R32 GTS-T, whereas you're looking 20k for R33 GTS-T for pretty much the same package in terms of car. Don't worry, I am sure the value of the R33's will start to drop accordingly. 3 years will we see an R33 turbo for $15k and R32 turbo for 10k ?

I think with a good kit, the R32 can regain the coolness again. But if I was considering an R32, I'd only go for a GT-R's. They are quite affordable and you get the performance back again.

dude for 15k u can get an R32 thats off its head if u import it... 12k for a nice stockie.

20k will get u a nice 95 model R33... imported...

Originally posted by inark

i'd so much prefer to import rather than buy from a dealer but only cause the importer i went thru is probably the only one i trust. Especially after the trouble my mate here has gone thru with craig from J-Spec and other stories about greg.

my next car i will go thru mark again... which will either be an R32 GTR or an R34 GTT

yeah, bring on the GT-T's!!! hopefully i'll be getting one next year.

i didn't quite follow ya, have u had problems with J-Spec and Greg?? what company is Mark with??

Import one through a reputable importer. It'll be cheaper than a yard by far. I only used the yards to test drive a few.

I got mine through J-Spec . My 93 R33 is one of the cleanest examples I've seen. When I had the windows tinted, the dude asked "Has the interior been redone?" This obviously made me feel nice and smug! Craig's only problem is that he gets very busy so things end up taking a week or so longer than it should. At the end of the day its the quality you're after not how long it takes.

J-Spec will extend the service far beyond the call of duty also. They'll help install alarms, immobs, stereos, etc. They'll be able to get spare parts when you need them and also help install them.

well personally i dont trust any dealers out there damn all bastards buying em i know quite afew deaers with show rooms or impoters with showrooms and most the time you will find =) that they own a pannel shop accross the rd =)

well from what i herd MSA imports are very dodgy afew poeple told me they went to jail twice for cut and shuts and also you will notice they every car of theres has a body kit on it why?

you think about it =)

The only person i trust is Craig From J-Spec

=)

you will notice they every car of theres has a body kit on it why?

lol. i noticed the same thing wen i went to msa. most of their cars have a kit on.

even with the personal imports i'd only go with the more well known ones. recently in one of geoffs emails, it had something about dodgy importers, how they buy a crap car from the auction then tweak the K's, then say its a grade 4.0 or something and bring it down for you, making thousands of dollars in profit.

Originally posted by riggaP

Craig's only problem is that he gets very busy so things end up taking a week or so longer than it should. At the end of the day its the quality you're after not how long it takes.  

funny u should say thats as one of my friends at work went thru him and got ****ed around to no end.... along with many other ppl who have posted in this forum.... as for geoff.... just ask dr_drift

Originally posted by SS8_Gohan

yeah, bring on the GT-T's!!! hopefully i'll be getting one next year.  

i didn't quite follow ya, have u had problems with J-Spec and Greg?? what company is Mark with??

mark lives in japan and syd... which is why i prefer dealing with him... hes the one u deal with and hes the one that checks the cars out... not some japper at an auction who gives the importer in australia the report.

• 2 years later...

With Mondo Motors - i bought my R33 there 3 years ago and i've never had a single problem. Every service has been just for standard stuff.

Sure i payed probably a bit more than other means but i probably have saved that in repair costs very easily.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR - people complain when things go wrong on an r33 they picked up for 12k from a dealer and then blame the dealer.

Mondo like every other dealer out there did have dodgy cars there on the lot but at the end of the day it's up to you to do a little research and suss out the good ones.

At the moment i'm looking at an 98 R34 that is being brought in by a dealer who mentioned that it's dark metallic blue - after digging around I found some info that the color came out as a special edition in August 2000 so i'm leaning towards that it could be a respray until i inspect the car personally.

Personally, I think the R32 is looking a bit dated now, and the R33 is more roomy, looks nicer, etc. Again, personally, if I was just getting a GTS-T I'd get an R33 (like I have just bought :O.  The R32 is meant to handle better, and is lighter.. but i don't like the shape as much, so really its personal preference.

Again its price... 15k will get you a decent R32 GTS-T, whereas you're looking 20k for R33 GTS-T for pretty much the same package in terms of car. Don't worry, I am sure the value of the R33's will start to drop accordingly. 3 years will we see an R33 turbo for $15k and R32 turbo for 10k ?

I think with a good kit, the R32 can regain the coolness again. But if I was considering an R32, I'd only go for a GT-R's. They are quite affordable and you get the performance back again.

my my how times have changed.... :(

From my shopping around experience:

Kamikaze - were helpful and spent the time with me showing me cars and had a very good selection. Didnt like the bidding idea they have to buy a car though and prices seem high. Otherwise fine IMO.

Allblitz - Extremely helpful and easy to deal with. Straight up and very good pricing. Can also get parts etc.

Am still shopping around but Allblitz so far gets my vote.

I wont go into to much detail cause theres a thread about Kamikaze motors from 2 or 3 weeks ago somewhere already..

anyways there a bunch of con artists, and yeah as soon as you've bought it they dont want to hear from you.

:(

I wont go into to much detail cause theres a thread about Kamikaze motors from 2 or 3 weeks ago somewhere already..

anyways there a bunch of con artists, and yeah as soon as you've bought it they dont want to hear from you.

:unsure:

Thats interesting as what was swaying me with them was the extended warranty on their cars.