SAU Community

ANOTHER DEFECTED THREAD...7 DAYS & COUNTING

RTFGTR

same as most aftermarkets isnt it?? 600x276x76 or something like that... i had the exact measurements somewhere when i had mine... or i spose i can just measure the one i have on the ceffy.

will let ya know when i get hom from work mate if no one posts it by then

Dude, thanks for all the effort in getting clarification & valuable information from the relevant authorities.

Cheers Ni -  

I do not think that the FMIC specks are on the engineers cert. It's a 1 page doco. I will check once I get home from work.

No problem to get the official info posted up. It's been quite an exercise, I have been plesently suprised at the authorities willingness to help me out in whatever way possible... why the 2 x cops that pulled me over did not have the same willingness to be fair???

why the 2 x cops that pulled me over did not have the same willingness to be fair???

a certain infamous copper whose name I wont mention recently told a mate of mine "We are targetting all imports", and since skylines seem to get the most press and into the most accidents, they went after you, wrong place at the wrong time dude, there are also rumours that they may introduce laws to confiscate our cars as well, so watch out

RFTGTR

I had the same steering wheel problem. I got a RWC, who didnt question the wheel and when i took it to the EPA they didnt check the road height or wheel just emissions and noise. There not interested in bald tyres, just stuff like Blow offs, Bleed Valves, computers, noise etc.

As long as you get your RWC, you should be right for ride height and steering wheel.

cant reall give advice but, what i will say may help with future headaches.

When speaking with sum1 from EPA or the relevant authorities, make sure u get there names rite @ the start of the call. So if/when sum1 says it isnt true, u have sum1 to pin the blame on and may get away with what ur getting hassled for.

Has helped me in the past!

All the best with the defect also!

U may not need to go do a full epa check but i'm thinking you will get one in the mail. Mine took about 6 months. If u do go to macloed u will not be allowed to have ur t78 or any after market boost controller. So just be ready when it comes. It may not but my guess is it will.

Hope it does take 6 months... this targeting is a load shit. I am seriously considering selling my GTR and laying low B4 getting a R34 @ the end of the year. So once I get my RWC re-issued I THINK my BABY is going on the market. This is worse than getting a divorce, I don't think I would be this upset if I were to break up with my wife (if I had one)

I get the feeling that every time I sit in my car and a cop pulls up behind me that I'm going to get hasseled. And I don't buy the argument that it's our own fault cos I'm driving in Knox or what not... I fu(k'en live there! I can't drive my own car in my local suburbs??? That's a crock and since it's my only car...it has to go!

u can buy bongs but cant use them... same deal

same with bovs.. oil catch cans which have a breather etc

but as if any of them will know that the GTR cooler is aftermarket and not stock

You can use a bong if you smoke bakky-bongs cough, cough! ;)

Just got my EPA letter in the mail... BUT IT WAS FROM 09/01/05, NOT THE NIGHT I GOT DONE ON DANDENONG RD. I was observed by an officer on Canturbury Rd. @ 7.35pm. The vehicle was considered to be excessivly noisy or to have a faulty exhaust system, I only need to get the DB. test done and send it into the EPA. I can use the same test results to pass this request and get one of my DEFECT items taken care of at the same time.

Edit: I remember this night like it was yesterday, I was turning off Canturbury Rd. into Boronia Rd. Cop pulled up beside (passenger side) me and had a good gork at the car. I pulled away very slow and he merged into my lane then done a U-Turn at next exit... he did not even have his window down to observe noise! What The! How can you be observed using a noisy vehicle when his window was never open... This is harrasment, not on a personal scale but harrasment never the less.

thats the thing dude, you are being done for something like "Suspected of having a faulty exhaust" not actually "having a faulty exhaust", so they dont really need to be to certain that your car is over the limit, they leave that to your local noise tester

FAILED!

98DB @ 4500 - needs to be tested at 5100 but did not even bother going that high. Getting new muffler put on in a week or so.

Got my tyres done today, bought Hankook K104 245/40/18 - not bad so far, better than the TOYO R1R's in the wet anyways,

Still have the R1R's on the back.. any DRIFTERS want to buy 2 x semi-comp TOYO R1R's with 40-50% tread for cheap?

Yeah Sam...spot on. The EPA notice you get in the mail for a noisy exhaust is based on a poilce officers' or EPA officers' OPINION. My question is if you get picked up for a noisy exhaust and its is legal and passes the relevant tests, who can you reclaim the money spent on the tests as well as any time off work to get the things done???

FAILED!

98DB @ 4500 - needs to be tested at 5100 but did not even bother going that high. Getting new muffler put on in a week or so.  

Got my tyres done today, bought Hankook K104 245/40/18 - not bad so far, better than the TOYO R1R's in the wet anyways,

Still have the R1R's on the back.. any DRIFTERS want to buy 2 x semi-comp TOYO R1R's with 40-50% tread for cheap?

advertise them on nissansilvia.com. Im sure someone there would want em

lol@the db reading what do you expect man? you do have a T78 after all

jeeeezus thats waaay over the limit! Let us know how the new muffler goes. Where are u getting it from?

Getting a nasty unit made up for me... very restrictive and full of cotton wool from DAALDERS in box hill, you know the bolt on bolt off type :) - I think the reason my car has issues revving to 5100 in neutral is that it still has not had a tune and once it gets to about 4500 it pops and carry’s on like it's going to spew it guts. Driving on load is another story though.

I'm very happy with the tyres though and the alignment, it's has improved what was already go-kart like handling...very happy! Now only need to get the RWC and I"M BACK BABY!