SAU Community

Full of Cops on Friday night!!

nismo818

I was meeting up with a few friends at Crown this afternoon. Wanted to go back early but the conversations dragged on & b4 I knew it, it was 12 am!! So i left crown & decided to travel by Toorak Rd, thinking it would be 'safe'.

Dead wrong. When I got to near the intersection of Toorak & Chapel St, I saw in the distance some flashing blue lights. Also the traffic suddenly slowed down. I immediately turn off into one of the lanes and managed to find a way past the Road block.

Going up Toorak road, I "bumped" into a copper who out of his car, dunno what he was doing there but luckily nothing happened. I quickly left Toorak Rd & made my way into princess highway.

This was when the nightmare began. Approaching near carnegie, I saw blue flashing lights at the other side of the road. I slowed down, & when I drove past, I saw a R33 Skyline being pulled over by 2 Biker Cops!

I drove further up the road, and another Biker Cop came the other direction! A couple of minutes later, another Police car followed by!!

That's not all! Finally, when i was just about to reach home, again, on the other side of the road, was flashing blue lights! An unmarked Police Car stopped a Commodore.... I was feeling scared!!

By some miracle, I managed to reach home and write this without any incident! I wasn't stopped, but I learnt a lesson today : Be very very careful when u drive ur skyline or import car on Friday Night!!

ps I was NOT drinking or on drugs or speeding or hooning.

i got an EPA today on the way to a cafe on the Chapel St.....as i almost got there...a cop stopped me and checked out my car...and luckily all he could find was AVCR as my car looks very standard....oh well....never go out again on friday nite

THat's it. Victoria is officially the WORST STATE to drive an import car. Take a look at he threads in the VIctoria Forum! One after another telling people they got defected etc etc etc.

Damn it! What can we do??! We are being targeted like criminals!!

Nismo32R, as for your qn about the EPA, I don't think you need an RWC, but you have to remove your AVC-R & make sure everything is in order. That means a quiet exhuast, No atmo-venting BOV, only 1 air intake, etc etc.

Can someone explain to me why the cops are out in full force catching imports? Who do u think are giving them the instructions?? Bracks himself??

i got an EPA today on the way to a cafe on the Chapel St.....as i almost got there...a cop stopped me and checked out my car...and luckily all he could find was AVCR as my car looks very standard....oh well....never go out again on friday nite

I was on a cruise with a few mates in their VL's and we were parked at Princess Hwy opposite Hungry Jacks (Near Warrigal Rd). We had one cop car drive up and ask a few questions, one of my mates got pulled away and given a defect notice and then told us the officers had called down back up (they called it Team U).

I had never heard of this "Team U" before, then they told me.. it's some squad of police which take pleasure in handing out canary's.. Bang!! Was I out of there and so was about another 6 or so cars.

As I then drove down the Highway towards St Kilda, the amount of bacon I saw was massive, within about 10min I saw 4 cop cars each on different sections of the Highway pulling people over.

These guys should give us modified car owners a break.. we spend money on our cars in presentation and performance, and performance does include bigger brakes and better handling suspension.

Will we ever get these cops off our backs?

They will NEVER leave us alone.... at least not for now. In light of the seriousness of the molestation of us import car drivers from the cops, I propose a DEFECTED Forum category be established in this SAU Forum. No Joke.

Yo PRESA, what time did you guys park near Hungry Jacks? I drove by at about 1am, lucky no cops were there

I was on a cruise with a few mates in their VL's and we were parked at Princess Hwy opposite Hungry Jacks (Near Warrigal Rd). We had one cop car drive up and ask a few questions, one of my mates got pulled away and given a defect notice and then told us the officers had called down back up (they called it Team U).

I had never heard of this "Team U" before, then they told me.. it's some squad of police which take pleasure in handing out canary's.. Bang!! Was I out of there and so was about another 6 or so cars.  

As I then drove down the Highway towards St Kilda, the amount of bacon I saw was massive, within about 10min I saw 4 cop cars each on different sections of the Highway pulling people over.

These guys should give us modified car owners a break.. we spend money on our cars in presentation and performance, and performance does include bigger brakes and better handling suspension.  

Will we ever get these cops off our backs?

guys i was headed down dandy way, just doing work shit, and low and behold i had a count of 27 coppers, not only on bikes, unmarked but in squad cars aswell...

why is it that because we spend time and have pride in what we drive, that we get victimised by the police, just for having a nice car, that yeah are weapons and bullets as they call them... that it gives them every right to continually harass us...

its getting to the point where u either take ur car off the road, or go to a different state, atleast in QLD we got a massive break from the police, but down here, ive been only but harassed the almighty shit out of, and ive only been down here a week maybe 2.... its getting ludacrist, there should be a band of people that have the knowledge of what RIGHTS we do have, and make it damn clear, that they are there for our defence, if infact we got pulled for not doing anything, if it was to our own fault then we just have to deal with it.... otherwise theres never gunna be a stop to this....

keep a record of what their names are, and if its the same copper or their side kick that pull you over in more than once a week... start logging it all and putting in complaints for police harassment...

haha.....yeah.....QLD is like a Heaven for all Jap Import Owners.....i never get defected, EPA by police in QLD in past 8 years, but only speeding and not having a plate in the front...

i guess we just need to stay at home on friday nite or get a normal car as a spare to drive around

I was not so lucky as you my fellow skyline brother! I got the full arse ram last night, also doing no drugs, drinking, speeding or breaking any traffic laws (If they were really concerned about getting unraodworthy cars off the streets then pull over that damn shitbox VC commodore blowing smoke and cracked windsheild)

I was coming down Dandenong Road at about 8:00pm last night, sun was still high... perfect conditions actually for a drive. So I get under the twisty bridge and I 'm behind a 4WD doing 65-70km's and I stay behind the whole way up the long straight cops are radar pointing just B4 the shell (usual spot) I drive past and 40 seconds later I getting a ****ing full roadworthy test.

Glad you made it through the gauntlet... bastard :)

Other weird thing he said was "Am I XXXGTR from the nissansilvia.com forums, cause of my plates???? WTF has that got to do with anything + I'M NOT A MEMBER...

That's the T.M.U. - Traffic Management Unit hehe.

yeah, there was a booze bus in stkilda, on that road that goes between queens road and fitrzroy st. And then when we drove past that, some coppa had pulled over some tool in some shitbox car.

was glad i was driving the magna rather than the skyline, i'll tell u that. I even got waved through the booze bus

Saw about 2 or 3 marked police cars on way home on nepean hwy also.

Enough POLICE THREADS?? So we're going to pretend nothing of these ever happened??!

Come on mate, this is like an education to all import car drivers in Victoria, the place to be defected. Everyone here must understand the vendetta the cops have against us, whether u are driving a fully modded R34 GTR V-SPEC II or a simple 4 Dr R32 Non Turbo R32 GTS.

In fact, there should be more threads like these. So that everyone will wake up to the seriousness of this matter. It's really beginning to feel like Victoria is similar to the then Nazi Germany. You are persecuted just because you are a Jew.

Guys, its melb... you drove near chaps and the eastern.

What do you expect?

enough POLICE THREADS, we are getting a bit tired of them. Everyone knows they are out and revenue raising.

thanks - ash

Yo PRESA, what time did you guys park near Hungry Jacks? I drove by at about 1am, lucky no cops were there

We were there probably just after 1am, parked there for no longer than 5min till we had one cop van pull up and start to hassle us cos there was hungry jacks rubbish on the floor, then he dug into us and the cars.

I got out of there.. and being in the line of cars to drive out by the time i got onto the highway i looked behind me and there were another 2 cop cars showed up.

It's really stupid how this system works with the cops, although I guess you can't blaim them when most P platers hoping into an import suddenly begin to think they are car racers.

Enough POLICE THREADS?? So we're going to pretend nothing of these ever happened??!

Come on mate, this is like an education to all import car drivers in Victoria, the place to be defected. Everyone here must understand the vendetta the cops have against us, whether u are driving a fully modded R34 GTR V-SPEC II or a simple 4 Dr R32 Non Turbo R32 GTS.

In fact, there should be more threads like these. So that everyone will wake up to the seriousness of this matter. It's really beginning to feel like Victoria is similar to the then Nazi Germany. You are persecuted just because you are a Jew.

not mate we are not going to pretent it doesnt happen

few things to think about

1) Its thier job, and yes, sometimes it is revenue raising

2) When are most people out/drinking etc? Fri/sat nights. Again, they are doing thier job.

3) If your new to the forums, great, there have been enough police threads of late and on other forums too.

4) IF you dont know about police by now, you must be living in a cave.

5) The areas you drove down... what do you expect?.

In all hoensty, driving where police are going to be (because its a fri/sat night) of course your going to see cops. Thinking you wont, or being surprised that you do is totally ignorant.

They dont just hassle skyline drivers, anyone with a modded car gets hassled.

Go for a walk down chaps one night if you want. Go there is a shitbox and get out and have a look at what they pull over.

Have a read of this if you do know your right:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...&threadid=25077

If you wanna take it up any further PM me as this is being locked.