SAU Community

Sealed Batteries

wrxhoon

Jerry, how are you going for stock on these? I am getting sick and tired of recharging the battery in my car, so I wouldn't mind getting one shortly.

I don't have any but I can get them at any time as long as I get 5 to get them at $140 . If anyone else wants any I only need a couple of days to get them in .

West , if you have any problems finding posts, I can them for you here for about $18 for the 2 including the screws. Don't hold me on the price as its a long time ago .

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
what she said^^^^

if they are available still pls pm me, it is time for me to replace my battery.

thanks

O.K guys looks like there are a few of you that may want batteries .

I can get these at anytime as long as I order 5 at the time. All of you that want one please post here or P.M and I'll see what I can do for you. Price is still the same $140 pick up in Sydney ( or even meet up somewhere). For interstaters extra $20 for post in the eastern states and S.A. , W.A. and N.T. around $40 .

hey mate,

interested in a battery, but anyone from melb got one?

i'm interested to know where i can get terminals and the clamp?

would they fit a 180sx engine bay?

cheers

I'm sure you can fit it in the engine bay but I'm not sure what you need to mod to fit it. The battery is about the same length and height as your stocker but a little wider ( about 5 cm wider). You dont need terminals you can use eyelets and bolt them on the battery with the s/steel screws that come with it . If you want you can fit brass posts on the battery but I can only get the standard (bigger posts), if you use them then you have to change your terminals to the standard size, most Nissans have the smaller ones .

If you are keen I can send it to Melbourne, post will cost you $20 including rego and insurance .

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone squeezed one (or two) of these behind the trim in the boot on the right hand side of the car ? (as in where the jack sits but on the other side of the car) in an R33 Gts-t

I have seen people move the battery from under the rear parcel shelf into here, and I was wanting to put a second battery in as well in the gap and move the trim out a bit.

Cheers

Heath

• 4 weeks later...

Just want to say that these sealed batteries are great.

I picked up one of these batteries from Jerry about a week ago as my old one one kept going flat after a week.

Installation was a simple enough process - just remove old battery and put new battery in its place and connect terminals by turning clamps sideways and screwing them down to battery terminals with the bolts supplied with battery.

There's no real need to purchase any battery posts or clamps. I just had to purchase a longer (7 inch) bracket to hold the bigger battery down ($4 from Repco).

I also cut a small sheet of rubber foam and placed it underneath the battery to stop any chance of the battery moving around as the original battery tray is not big enough to hold this battery.

Just about the only problem i had with the installation was that my rear strut brace had to be removed temporarily until i had installed the bigger battery as it could not slide through the gap like the old smaller battery had.

All in all i'm very happy with the new battery - Thanks Jerry. :worship:

• 2 weeks later...